Alternachick chat October 12+

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • I'd love a party right now! I had a damned stressful day at work. I've got a couple of college boys that just don't take me seriously. I can't blame them, because my manager hates confrontation and he won't back me up. Yep, that is definitely a good trait for a manager.

Still not decided on the costume. I have Cody convinced that they don't make Pikachu costumes in his size.
  • Yeah, Jen,
    I had a breast reduction. I had been thinking about it seriously for over one year. I'm really happy about the results but right now I'm a bit miserable because I had some post op problems...
    I probably was too active and did too much and now I have alot of swelling...my boobs looked like a smallish C after surgery, now they look like a large D and that is all fluid! They feel really tight and yuckky...

and, I had used warm compresses one night to help with the swelling and soaked off all of the medical tape they had put around my sutures, so, being the efficient woman that I am I went to the pharmacy, bought betadine and paper tape and tried to replicate exactly what the nurse had done...I think that I did a pretty good job but, I had a severe allergic reaction to the tape or the betadine and now I have 3/4 of an inch of red and itchy and bumpy all along the incision line on both sides....

so, between swelling and itching I'm feeling awful. I went and saw the surgeon this morning at 8am and he aspirated some fluid and that helped a bit...and I just finished painting myself with caladryl...can't wait till I'm feeling better again.
    Love, Soozie
    but, ps, if anyone is considering breast reduction let me add that I still feel so much better about my body and my neck and back feel better already... the swelling and the rash are temporary, so I don't regret the surgery, just that I didn't rest enough early on!
  • ((((((((((((((soozie))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

feel better girl!

chris
  • Soozie- Sorry to hear about the complications. In a few months they will just be a distant memory (mammary?) and you will be enjoying the new perky boobs. In the mean time....TAKE IT EASY SWEETIE!!!
  • Oh, Soozie. You be careful, dear!
    And don't be jiggling them about too much, either! Otherwise, before you know it they'll be hanging down to your knees. Get some good bras, for goodness sakes!
  • Thanks Girls!
    you cheered me right up and Ellis....is that you channeling my long lost Mother again...I'd swear that was her...now, if you don't wear a good brassiere your breasts....blah,blah,blah...

seriously, they want me to wear sport bra type things for now, no underwires, as few seams and as little hardware as possible. I bought two new "unbras" that arrived in the mail yesterday. They are wonderful...hold on, I want to see if they have a website that I can send you to...I'll be right back...
  • alright...
    you can go to http://www.decentexposures.com
    Decent Exposures is the name of the company that makes the unbra.
    I had seen their ad in Yoga Journal years ago and bought some of their bras when I was pregnant and nursing my daughter...they are really comfortable.

Soozie
  • Oh, what a sweet photo, Soozie. I had a couple of those when I was nursing, too! Hmmm... think I've still got them... must get rid of those big things.
  • Sorry to hear about your complications-hope your girls get better soon soozie-
  • Hope you feel better Soozie!

And you too Ellis.

Hope work gets better Jen.

Ruth - hope you went to the party!

I am doing pretty good. Played dominoes on line with the boy. Carved my pumpkins. Did some laundry. Nice quiet day

My pumpkins (there are 2)
  • Squeak, those are too cool!
    Do you get kids at your door on Halloween?

By the way, in my previous post, I meant I have big bras, NOT breasts! heh heh.
  • Squeak-COOL PUMPKINS!!!!!!

Ellis-BIG MELONS?????
  • Thanks Ellis & Den!

Not too many kids at the door, so this year I am going out with my nephew.
  • We got LOTS of kids at the old house, but here we hardly get ANY!! BUMMER...
  • Hi *cough cough* from Smokey San Diego

Well, we're offically a disater area.

Of course, it couldn't have happened on a worse day. I was taking 41 8th graders on a "ropes" retreat (you
    know, those teambuilding retreats where we spend most of the day in the air, in harnesses). I got up *** early in the morning and walked outside and thought "man, the sky is weird." Then, I got to my car which was covered in ash and realized, "holy crap, this is
    ash!"

I drove up to work and it was black and very hard to breathe. I called the park we were going to and they said they had not been effected. Okay, then, we're still on. Then, about 5 parents called and threatened me if we went on the retreat. PITAs trying to ruin
    my day. I told them we were still going.

When we got up to the retreat site, it was beautiful. No smoke, no soot, no bad air. Freaking beautiful.

But then the parents started. They called every two minutes (literally, I'd be on the phone with one and
    another would call). I could not get off the phone. My boss who was in SF called (like she could do
    anything), her Boss (Like she could do anything). Finally, they closed 3 highways around noon and I
    realized if these parents couldn't pick their kids up, I was going to have to cook dinner for 41 kids. I called the Bus Company to tell them to get here. It
    took them 2 and half hours for them to get to the site.

The trip back to San Diego was scary. Lots of smoke, lots of dead stopped traffic. We got the kids safely back to their parents, with a couple bursting into tears when their parents told them they had been evacuated out of their homes.

Alex called me every hour or so with updates. He was suppose to come up and help me film the kids around
    1PM but I told him to just stay home with the dogs indoors. The dogs hate the soot. They have been sneezing and tryign to lick themselves clean. The ash and soot are falling like black snow. My backyard and patio are covered.

Since I live downtown, I'm not in real danger (except I'm in the direct path of the soot). The fires have been going on for a few days but it wasn't until
    yesterday, when the Santa Anas started, that they picked up speeds of 25mph. It was scary how fast they
    moved with Santa Anas behind them.