Canned Tuna Fish

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Leenie, I sure like the sounds of your tuna with tomatoe. It sounds so yummie!!
    Thanks for sharing this one, I always love to try something new instead of eating the same old stuff.
  • What about wrapping it in a lettuce leaf or spinach leaf?
  • tuna is my favorite staple food. I always keep a couple of cans of waterpack albacore tuna in the fridge and a red onion. I mix it up with lowfat mayo and eat it on Kavli crackers. I don't know what the carb count is but they're whole grain and low calorie. Also, another way is to simply cut up a tomato in a wedged flower and stuff it. (This works with egg salad as well-- or shrimp). There is one problem with tuna nowadays - it contains mercury and should be eaten very sparingly by pregnant women or not at all.
  • Yum that tuna melt idea sounds good! I eat lots of tuna and salmon. I also buy the pouches. They have tuna pouches now that are flavored. I really like the lemon pepper one.
  • I like tuna mixed with a little fat free mayo, some sweet dill relish, some chopped apple, a dash of mustard, stuffed inside of a bell pepper, cold or hot... when it's hot it's great to top it with a little LF swiss...Mmmm.
  • You know whats yummy too:

When you make your tuna salad, chop up an apple and toss that in, you'd be pleasntly surprised how yummy it is, or add some raisins, yup raisins. Its fabo'

The only way my dd will eat tuna is on ritz crackers. For 5 crackers its only 70 calories. I usually buy the lower in fat ones. Makes a great snack too.
  • Gosh!! I would of never ever thought of putting apple or raisins in my tuna.
  • I like to mix it w/lowfat mayo & a dash of Worcestershire sauce & some chopped green olives, very very salty, but good. I can't have it like this too often.
  • I buy the flavoured ones that come in a pouch, with semi sundried tomatoes and basil with red onion, and just have that on a little pasta or by itself. I find the lemon pepper one is brilliant with a little melted low fat cheese on wholegrain bread