Pumpkin Pie...Lower Fat Recipe

• I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I LOVE pumpkin pie, as a matter of fact, I made two of them today.

I made a low fat version though and it tastes JUST as good. My fiance couldn't even tell they were low in fat! I'm not sure how many of you do this...but here is the recipe.

4 - eggs - (used egg beaters) = 0 Fat Grams and 120 calories

1 - 29 oz. Can of "Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix" = 1 Fat Gram and 1123 calories

1 1/2 - cup sugar (You can use equal, I didn't) = 0 Fat grams but a WHOPPING 1161 calories

1 teaspoon of salt

2 teaspoon of cinnamon

1 teaspoon of ginger

1/2 teaspoon of cloves

2 can evaporated milk (I used the fat free kind) = 0 fat grams and 587 calories

[b]Pie Shells, already prepared frozed from store = 41 Fat Grams and 649 calories[b]

Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. (You won't have to do this if you have egg beaters.) Then add the ingredients in the order given. Pour into pie shells. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.

Total Fat and Calories for ENTIRE pie = 44 Fat Grams and 3650 calories

Total Fat and Calories in each slice (If pie is cut into 8 slices) = 5.5 grams of fat and 456 calories

(If you want to cut down on the calories in the low fat version, use a sugar substitute like Equal or Splenda)

Total Fat and Calores for the whole pie, & IF pie was made with regular ingredients = 82 Fat Grams and 3570

Total Fat and Calories in each slice (If pie is cut into 8 slices) = 10.25 Fat Grams and 446 calories.
  • Just so you know, you can use graham cracker crust that is very low in fat, like 8 grams for the whole pie... My friend makes it that way, the graham is very good. Or, you can make the crust at home and cut out the fat yourself. But.... it never hurts to have a treat here and there, just don't go overboard. Thank you for the recipe!!! I will try it out this weekend.
  • Thanks for the Graham Cracker Crust idea! I'll definatly have to try it!
  • No problem..
    It is naturally low in fat, so you can serve yourself a slightly bigger sliver of the pie!!! I made one this weekend, it was dreamy. I have a love hate relationship w/ the holidays.... LOL. I will tell you what though, I had a nice piece of pie, and a nice long walk this saturday evening, so I don't fret a thing...
  • REALLY LOW POINT PUMPKIN PIE
    I thought you might enjoy this recipe ...it's really good, you get a nice sized piece pf pie ...and the WHOLE PIE is only 9 points! If you can find the French Vanilla Cool Whip, it's wonderful to top the pie! 1 point for 1/4 cup. Enjoy!

Impossible Pumpkin Pie

1- 15 ounce can pumpkin - 0 points
    2 cups skim milk - 4 points
    ˝ cup eggbeaters - 1 point
    ˝ cup Bisquick (reduced fat) baking mix - 4 points
    1 cup Splenda - 0 points
    1 tsp vanilla - 0 points
    1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice - 0 points

Mix the dry ingredients and set aside. Add in ‘wet’ ingredients
    Mix well and pour into a large deep dish pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.

Serves 8
    WW points: 1
  • 400 calories for a piece of pie!!! oh my GOD.

going... through... shock.... lol.
  • Here is another really good recipe for pumpkin pie:

~~Pumpkin Pie~~
    Makes 12 servings

1[16 oz.] can solid packed pumpkin or 2 c. cooked pumpkin
    1/3 c. Sugar Twin brown sugar replacement
    2 1/2 T. Splenda
    1/2 c. eggbeaters
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. ground ginger
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    12 oz. evaporated skim milk
    1[9”]unbaked pie shell, pre chilled

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, Splenda, eggbeaters, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Gradually add evaporated skim milk and pour pumpkin mixture into the pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of pie comes out clean. Let cool before serving. Makes 12 servings. Nutritional stats per serving;
    Calories:145
    Proteins:6g.
    Carbs:20g.
    Fats:5g.

Stockgirl
  • loosinit
    the bisquick goes right in the pie filling, and there is no crust?