Women's World High Fiber Cookies recipe?

• A few months ago in one of the Women's World magazines, I saw three high fiber breakfast cookies that used brown rice syrup and date sugar. I have been using Baker's Breakfast Cookies with great success, but they are pretty costly. So, if anyone have made the cookies, please let me know if it was worth investing in the rice syrup and date sugar.
  • hi there,

this is my first post here you can try making them yourself or clifbars taste pretty close.

the recipe is floating around on the web http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ie41962.shtml.

have you tried clif bars? those are 240 cals each, about the same size as the bb cookies and they contain a little more protein, less sugar, more fiber. they are moist and chewy. my favorite is caramel apple and they cost about $1, even less if you buy by the box.

i just tried a bb cookie the other day finally. after hearing so much about them,i wasn't impressed. it was very tasty, but 1/2 of it is sugar and it's over 300 cals, and $2 a cookie, ouch. for that many cals, i would rather have a real breakfast my 2 cents .
  • Thanks Chops,

I have the recipe for the fiber cookies, but wasn't sure about the taste. I can get the BBC for $1.49 in Ohio and they seem to hold me over until lunch. I went to the health food store to check on the price of the date sugar and the brown rice syrup and that alone was around $10.00. The packages were very small. I'll the try the Clif bar. I've tried a couple of different kind of bars and haven't found any I like as much as the BBC. Tried Dr. Phil's two new bars and they were not good at all and the price was around $2.50 each.
  • Baker Cookie Clone
    I have had the Baker Box Cookie Clone recipe for several years and it is an excellent recipe. (the one on the CD link)

I use whole wheat flour and make my own prune puree. 3 oz of prunes (now called dried plums) and 1/2 c. very hot water mixed in the blender. Makes about 1 cup.

To make Oatmeal Raisin Choc Chip

omit the nuts and apricots and add 2/3 c. mini choc chips.

I found it easier to weight the dough to make 4 oz cookies. The trick is to underbake them a little. They freeze well.

My recipe with whole wheat flour came to 201 cal., 3.6g fat and 4g fiber. per cookie (16 per recipe)
  • Ann P,

Thank you so much for the recipe. But I was wondering how much flour do your use? All you use is wheat flour, pureed prunes and hot water for basic dough? What degrees do you cook them on and for how long. The ones that I made were not good and hard as rocks. What do your mean by "CD link"?

Nancy
  • Nanj- I think she is referring to the link in Chops message- she follows the recipe on the link but substitutes the ingredients she mentioned.
  • OH! I feel so stupid, but thank you! I did go to the website and run off the recipe. Thank you!