First Official Atkins Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 14
Go to
  • I would like to join in. I'm gonna try for 15 by Thanksgiving. I'm currently at 183. 168 was also my goal for the gpc. I don't think I'm gonna get it off by Halloween though. I've only lost 5 pounds since that one started. I think I have the slowest metabolism in the world. 15 by Thanksgiving sounds pretty realistic to me. I've got to get myself motivated enough to exercise.

Good luck to all of us!
  • Well its hump day.......everyone surviving ?
  • Hi all,,, 1AM here and I just ate a COOKIE! What is wrong with me? I didnt even really want it, just angry that I have been so good, on program, but losing soooo slowly, I just didnt care for a sec. Good thing I stopped at 1. So how is your Wednesday starting out?
  • I'm in as of today. I'd like to lose 15 by Thanksgiving. I think having folks to check in with daily really helps. Good luch to everyone. Can someone suggest some meal plans for lunch?

Jodi
  • Awww Barb, so sorry the cookie monster got to you, that happened to me last saturday except I didn't have one cookie...oy. And I felt miserable after I piged out. But so far this week I'm doing good, so onward we must go. You know, you should pat yourself for stoping after one cookie, I would have finished the box. Good Job !!

I'm praying for everyone this week, that we all have some sort of movement in the scale (or tape measure).

We need a name for our group, a fun name....any suggestions ?

Hi Jodes !! you know that question regarding lunch suggestions/idea's would make a nice thread.. please do.

NAME: - POUNDS LOST:
    Leens -
    KarenW -
    Kim in NJ -
    Froufy -
    Littlefreedom -
    Angel-Eyes -
    StoryBookMama -
    Barbmarie -
    Fullfig -
    Jenny 1 -
    Dinki -
    Pason147 -
    Swedemella -
    Tamibeep -
    Supersized -
    Jodes -
  • Okay.

I had a lesson in Atkins this weekend. I have never been surrounded by more sweets than I have in the past 5 days. Guess how many times I cheated??? ZERO!!

Okay, so my lesson? I weighed in at 277 on Sunday morning. By Monday morning, I weighed 283. WTF?? How could that have happened... I was very sad... I didn't cheat... I stayed ON program. I didn't drink quite enough water on Sunday because I was out and about... but still.... 6 pounds??

So, I was really sad about this but decided to stick with it. Well waht do you know... the first AF I've had since MAY showed up. (not unusual, I'm still nursing off and on.) And by this morning I was back down to 277. So, because of that variation, I'm counting my starting weight as 277 which puts me at 262 before Thanks giving.

So, I lost 8 pounds my first week... and am still at 8 pounds thanks to AF.

This is SOOOO cool. I'm glad all of us have joined in.
  • I'm crossing everything on my body today in hopes that we all have a great trip on that scale......

Oh please oh please oh please lol

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!

Leens -
    KarenW -
    Kim in NJ -
    Froufy -
    Littlefreedom -
    Angel-Eyes -
    StoryBookMama - 8
    Barbmarie -
    Fullfig -
    Jenny 1 -
    Dinki -
    Pason147 -
    Swedemella -
    Tamibeep -
    Supersized -
    Jodes -
  • I'm confused - what else is new!
    Are we weighing in each Monday AM?
    Maybe we should have a weekly weigh in thread but use this one to talk about our challenges/successes?

We could keep a running tally of how much the group has lost as a whole.... Maybe?
  • Hey all! Could I possibly join in for the challenge. I know that I am a little late, but better late than never, right???

Right now I seem to be stuck at this one weight, and it isn't moving....grrr, it is so frustrating.

Anyhow, could someone please let me know how the challenge works, and how often I need to let you know my weight. I currently weigh-on on Wednesday's, since I have to work nights on Fri and Sat, I have found that I seem to gain some water when I stay up all night.

BTW ~ does anyone have a recipe for homemade mayonnaise, I have one from the Atkins recipe book, but I was searching for another one.....any suggestions???

Thanks!!!!!!!

Caroline

SW 203
    CW 178
    GW 120
  • NAME: - POUNDS LOST:
    Leens -
    KarenW - 2.5 since monday!
    Kim in NJ -
    Froufy -
    Littlefreedom -
    Angel-Eyes -
    StoryBookMama - 8
    Barbmarie -
    Fullfig -
    Jenny 1 -
    Dinki -
    Pason147 -
    Swedemella -
    Tamibeep -
    Supersized -
    Jodes -

Total so far : 10.5 pounds
  • to add to the confusion.....
    Hey girls. Not sure of the when to weigh in thing, but Fridays are my days to do so.......my loss this week was 2 lbs ( a miracle since TOM was visiting)

I'm crossing everything on my body today in hopes that we all have a great trip on that scale......

Oh please oh please oh please lol

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!

Leens -
    KarenW -
    Kim in NJ -
    Froufy -
    Littlefreedom -
    Angel-Eyes - 2
    StoryBookMama - 8
    Barbmarie -
    Fullfig -
    Jenny 1 -
    Dinki -
    Pason147 -
    Swedemella -
    Tamibeep -
    Supersized -
    Jodes -
  • cbzmomof4 of course you can join there's no special way it works, we are all just "trying" to lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving, so just do what your doing, weigh in when you'd like but please post your loss so we can all get excited with you Easy right ? lol

Kim, weigh in any day you like, it really is up to you, just post your loss when you do weigh in (pweeeze).

Leens -
    Kim in NJ -
    Froufy -
    Littlefreedom -
    Angel-Eyes - 2
    StoryBookMama - 8
    Barbmarie -
    Fullfig -
    Jenny 1 -
    Dinki -
    Pason147 -
    Swedemella -
    Tamibeep -
    Supersized -
    Jodes -

Total so far : 12.5 pounds

WHOOOOOOOOHOOO !!!

GO LADIES, GO LADIES, GO LADIES !!!!!!
  • I AM SOOOOO EXCITED. I HAVE BEEN STUCK AT MY WEIGHT FOR MANY WEEKS AND GUESS WHAT. I HAVE LOST 2 POUNDS SO FAR.
    THANKS FOR THE CHALLANGE. I AM ALSO EXERCISING MOST DAYS.

Leens -
    Kim in NJ -
    Froufy -
    Littlefreedom -
    Angel-Eyes - 2
    StoryBookMama - 8
    Barbmarie -
    Fullfig -
    Jenny 1 -
    Dinki - 2
    Pason147 -
    Swedemella -
    Tamibeep -
    Supersized -
    Jodes -

EVERYONE KEEP ON KEEPING ON.

DINKI
  • I want in too.

Leens -
    Kim in NJ -
    Froufy -
    Littlefreedom -
    Angel-Eyes - 2
    StoryBookMama - 8
    Barbmarie -
    Fullfig -
    Jenny 1 -
    Dinki - 2
    Pason147 -
    Swedemella -
    Tamibeep -
    Supersized -
    Jodes -
    davebecca -

I've been doing the pumpkin challenge, goal for halloween 199, Thanksgiving 189. Today was a hair under 204. Started at 219. Woo Hoo!!!!! Monday the 29th was at 207. I'll check in on Monday!
  • WOW you guys ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stepped ever so lightly on the scale this morning and I'm happy to report a loss of 2 lbs I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY

NOW I'm gonna start exercising, my cold is near end and the 2lbs down just made me sooooo excited to do so.

Tape measures too

Leens - 2
    Kim in NJ -
    Froufy -
    Littlefreedom -
    Angel-Eyes - 2
    StoryBookMama - 8
    Barbmarie -
    Fullfig -
    Jenny1 -
    Dinki - 2
    Pason147 -
    Swedemella -
    Tamibeep -
    Supersized -
    Jodes -
    davebecca -

TOTAL - 16.5 (so far)

WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR HELPING EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!