PCOS'ers Bios - Feel Free 2 Post Yours Too!

You're on Page 4 of 17
Go to
  • DATE: OCTOBER 13, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: HUNYDUN/JEN

BIRTHDAY: 28TH SEPTEMBER 1973

MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED 3 YEARS ON 1/31/03

SPOUSE’S NAME: CHRIS

CHILDREN/AGES: NONE

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to read mostly thrillers and some chic lit, games, movies, fishing (which really amounts to holding the pole while DH does the icky stuff lol)

PETS: 3 Dogs Patches, Freckles, & Mushie and 1 cat named Honey (who really thinks her name is "Meow Meow")

TOP WEIGHT: 270

CURRENT WEIGHT: 238

GOAL WEIGHT: 180 (for now)

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Reddish Brown

OCCUPATION: Keeping hubby organized in our Construction business.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East Texas, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: When I eat something that is less than healthy I have the tendency to throw in the towel all together. About a month into dieting seems to be my most challenging time.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: There are several reasons. I was just diagnosed with Type II diabetes which completely scared me and DH and I have been TTC our first baby for 3 years now and not only want to have a baby badly but want to be in shape and good health to keep up with our child and be around for all the wonderful events in their lives.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm originally from Long Island, NY and now living in Texas. Since I work from home I've not met a whole lot of people here so poor hubby tends to be my only support right now. I'm looking to meet some great people who understand the struggles of both losing weight and ttc with PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 18. Basically was put on BCP and didn't think much about it until I got married and wanted to get pregnant. I'm on the SBD and since losing 16 lbs and starting 2000mg/day of Metformin and 10 mcg/day Byetta (for the Diabetes), I have started regular monthly cycles for the first time in 3 years, so I'm more hopeful than ever that I'm on the right path to babyhood!

Phew, hope this isn't TMI lol. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!
  • DATE: October 13, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LookingForHope16/ Erika Leigh

BIRTHDAY: March 2, 1988

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: Amanda

CHILDREN/AGES: None Yet

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to dance! I also love to sing, get online and chat, and spend time with Amanda. I love to watch movies and play games.

PETS: Grace (4) and Sweetie (3 months)

TOP WEIGHT: 293

CURRENT WEIGHT: 289

GOAL WEIGHT: Mini Goal- 270 Long Term - 200 - 150

HEIGHT: 5 Foot

EYE COLOR: Blue/Green/Gray

HAIR COLOR: Naturally Brown/Red/Blond/Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tuscaloos, Alabama

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask and I might give it to ya...

HOMEPAGE URL: www.myspace.com/coochiemunster

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I would think that my PCOS is the biggest problem. I am working on getting it treated. I'm having a hard time giving up Diet Pepsi.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am working on getting treatment for my PCOS. I just started college. And also me and Amanda want kids!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

My life has had alot of ups and downs...some that I wouldn't wish on the worse person in the world. I think that it has made me a stronger person. I am a fighter and not a quitter! I'm very friendly and love to get to know people and make friends!
  • My Intro
    DATE: November 24, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: aimige/Amy
    BIRTHDAY: Dec 26, 1975

MARITAL STATUS: Married 11 Years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Shawn

CHILDREN/AGES: Michelle 4, Joey 2

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Internet!! Web Design, Soap making

PETS: Casey(cat), Rugrat(cat), Dakota & Ally (dog), Kiwi, Piglet, Pooh, Tinkerbell, Milo, Sam, Alexa, Nemo, Cloe (birds) and 4 turtles

TOP WEIGHT: 225

CURRENT WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 130-125 Range

HEIGHT: 5'5

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: blond, perm

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NW Florida

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask and I might give it to ya...

HOMEPAGE URL: www.wahmswebhosting.com, www.virtual90.com, www.javabarcafe.com

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: DISCIPLINE

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a goal to get PG again.

Not right now
  • DATE: 8 Dec 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CarolynSG1/Carolyn
    BIRTHDAY: 12 March 1981

MARITAL STATUS: Married 2 Years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Graig

CHILDREN/AGES: Still ttc #1

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking

PETS: Milo (Cat) & Gonza (Dog)

TOP WEIGHT: 74 Kgs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 71 Kgs

GOAL WEIGHT: 64 Kgs

HEIGHT: 1.68 M ( 5ft5)

EYE COLOR: Hayzel

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East London, South Africa

E-MAIL ADDRESS: You dont need it

HOMEPAGE URL: Dont have one

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: The fact the I have PCOS, and Weight loss is so darn difficult!! and dont forget Discipline!!!!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have to loose weight if i plan to get PG!

Nope not really.
  • DATE: December 19, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Irishowl/Shannon

BIRTHDAY: March 27

MARITAL STATUS: Domestic partners

SPOUSE’S NAME: Shelley

CHILDREN/AGES: None yet, hopefully in the future.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, reading, movies, hiking, politics, mariage equality, children's rights.

PETS: Daphne is our sweet rottie girl. Pepperjack is our neurotic little girl. Ralph and Susie are our Siamese terrors.

TOP WEIGHT: 272

CURRENT WEIGHT: 230

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: Dark brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

OCCUPATION: Patient care technician on a cardiovascular interventional unit. I'm also a respiratory therapy student.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Making the time to take care of myself the way that I should and the way that I deserve to be taken care of.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm ready to lose the rest of my weight, I'm tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin.
  • NAME: Charisa

BIRTHDAY: August 29, 1988

CURRENT WEIGHT: A week ago it was 276 lbs. No clue now, since my meds are still messing w/ me

GOAL WEIGHT: 2 sizes down (I don't go by numbers, that's the doc's job)

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Gray w/ green in middle

HAIR COLOR: Auburn red

OCCUPATION: Student of Business Administration and a PSEO student through my high school

MY BLOG: Forbidden Silk

INTERESTS AND HOBBIES:

I study Japanese, listen to music, watch anime, play video games- ZELDA is a MUST, love to wrap presents, I have a neice- 5 and a new nephew, my bestest friend is my male cousin, it's foggy and 7:30AM while I am typing this, my other friends are Tylenol Arthritis and SLEEPING, I have hair down to my "little" butt, I love taking pictures and writing my various anthologies with my Marz and the gang, LOVE romance stories with steamy guys, etc.

THINGS I DON'T LIKE:

Meanies, looking at skinny girls (guys are great!!), loud music, ER stuff, BDSM (creeps me out), shows that should be 1 hour but never are, blackouts, allergies, cats, my Senior pictures, etc.

MORE ABOUT ME:

Well, I was diagnosed less than a year ago with PCO and insulin resitance. I had gone to a dermatologist and HE tried to diagnose me and I got really sick b/c he was WRONG. Then I had to deal with a screwed up period and I was all MENTAL for months afterwards.

You see, I have always had allergies, but they had become UNCONTROLLABLE. Now, shots have steroids in them, and I was on those for 2 years before I was diagnosed. Now allergy shots can mess with your insulinand all that, so the buggers made me worse.

This was all the past summer. It's December now, and I went to an endocrinologist, a really nice old guy, back in Nov. (?) and he got me all fixed up on these new meds and everything. He was the one that said I had insulin resistance. I'm really grateful to him because I've had this for most of my life.

I've had horrific rashes and I was in so much pain, physically, emotionally, mentally... I've had signs of this ever since I started puberty and NO ONE would listen. We went to all these doctors and all of them said I was fat. I've never eaten that much and I can't see what being "fat" has to do with being somebody's fault all the time, right? I couldn't help that I was 12 and gaining 50 pounds a year! I couldn't get anyone to help me.

Well, anyway, I started to get acne when I was 8, and then my period at 11. I got hair on my neck in the past few years. My periods have always been regular, but I got this rash and I've always burned or stung really bad in my "girl part." It was ALL the time, and only got worse when I would pee. It was VERY painful. I would cry and I couldn't walk. My teachers didn't care, and gym class was ****. I'm sure some of you know what it's like. With all that.

One of my docs put me on birth control which made me REALLY sick and PSYCHO. Now I'm on Spironolactone, 4 pills, to make me pee out all the baddies, and Metformin, one pill. The Metformin makes me VERY sick, so I have to ake it really slow before upping any doses, and I can only half a pill at a time.

Oh, and I still have the rash, which is "there," so you can imagine how painful living has been. And I have a VERY expensive cream for it.

The Spironolactone and the cream are NOT cheap. And insurance won't pay. Jerks. What to do???

I've also been pretty tomboyish all my life. I always hung out w/ my dad and older bro. Awesome dudes. So, I never really cared when I become very muscular and when my voice changed a little during puberty.

I have this pic of me in the 5th grade. I am HUGE, like 2 feet taller and a bit wider than everybody else. NOW, I am short and wide! XD

I have hairy arms and I don't shave my legs b/c I only wear long pants anyway. My leg hair was very nasty, but it seems to have gotten a bit better. The neck hair doesn't grow out as fast now, and I can actually shave my armpits b/c they are not so course anymore. My facial hair doesn't bother me. To ME, it was just another thing I could do with my dad, shaving. I think it's cool, cus girls can't just "get it." And I like how strong I am. Bro says I'm an ox! :P

I HOPE I have remembered it all. I don't suppose I have to go through the teasing, making fun of, ridicule and whatnot, do I? I think you gals all understand, right?
  • Welcome girls!!
  • My Bio
    DATE: December 26th, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: DustyNLily/Stephanie

BIRTHDAY: July 19th

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mark

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: too many to list here

PETS: Dusty and Lily (my two black cats) and Wylee (my devil dog)

TOP WEIGHT: 230

CURRENT WEIGHT: 217

GOAL WEIGHT: 170 (or lower!)

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown (or whatever color i'm in the mood for)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Connecticut

E-MAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

HOMEPAGE URL: http://www.myspace.com/stephaniejohansen

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: cravings---I love pasta, rice and bread---my down fall

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: support--from friends, family, and doctors

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I really want to get healthy and I hope to find some extra support and friends on here to help me along
  • DATE: dec 26, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: pcoschick/kali

BIRTHDAY: 15 Nov

MARITAL STATUS: Single

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, art, writing, web design stuff, dancing

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 175

CURRENT WEIGHT: 155

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Boston

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have been fighting a tough battle with PCOS and depression for years. I lost a lot of weight on the South Beach Diet two years ago, but gained most of it back. Now I'm back on the SBD and currently in Phase II. Taking Metformin XR (500 mg pill twice a day) and Yaz. Oh, and my addiction to carbs doesn't make things easier!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: An increased commitment to exercise. Cardio 3-4 times a week at the gym, and resistance training 3 times a week. Trying to do yoga once a week as well!
  • DATE:Jan 12th 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: melissa1999/melissa
    BIRTHDAY: 13 March 1981

MARITAL STATUS: Married 6 Years/currently separated

SPOUSE’S NAME: Ricky

CHILDREN/AGES: Zack age 3 and 2 angels

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Internet, computers in general, piano, kids and music

PETS: none but would like to get a dog.

TOP WEIGHT: 300 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 268 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 200 lbs

HEIGHT: 6'1"

EYE COLOR: muddy water

HAIR COLOR: medium brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Knoxville, TN

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Trying to stay motivated for long periods of time, and getting people around me to support me in my diet/weight loss goals.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am currently going through a divorce. He likes that I am fat so that no one would want me. So, I am about to lose 200 + lbs real quick like.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was diagnosed the summer '06 after having a second miscarriage. I was determined to find out why this was happening to me, so I kept bugging the Drs. Well I went in to the hospital to have the D&C and my sugar was 185 fasting. So my OBGYN suggested I see a endocrinologist. He just asked some questions and looked me over. He then diagnosed me with PCOS. I currently take metformin/glucophage and I recently started working out and watching what I eat just as he suggested. It's hard but I'm trying. I am an certified emotional eater. Going through all the divorce stuff has kinda stolen my strength. Everytime we fight or he does something stupid here I go to find something to "make me happy". So I am glad I found this website. I have found great information and support so far.
    USERNAME/REAL NAME: eyesing

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeast US

MARITAL STATUS: Married 8 years

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, reading, movies, taking classes on just about anything

PETS: golden retriever and 3 tabbies

CHILDREN: one teenage daughter

TOP WEIGHT: 278

CURRENT WEIGHT: 278

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have zero support at home and live with two junk food and soda addicts

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not sure anything is, but it is either this or stop trying, and I can't just give up and say it is fine to be unhealthy forever, so I just keep trying!
  • USERNAME/REAL NAME: willsmom7/Susan

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern CA

MARITAL STATUS: Married 18 years

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cross Stitch, Scrapbooking, Reading

PETS: 1 lab mix, 2 cats

CHILDREN: 14 yr old daughter, 11 yr old son

TOP WEIGHT: 228

CURRENT WEIGHT: 210

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am an emotional eater and hate veggies!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not sure, other than I don't want to take any more meds and I want to get off my BP meds.
  • DATE: February 15, 3007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: rubypearl

BIRTHDAY: April 1983

MARITAL STATUS: Single

CHILDREN/AGES: None yet!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, music, music. Mountains. Good food. Friends. God.

PETS: 1 darling cat

TOP WEIGHT: 226

CURRENT WEIGHT: 226

GOAL WEIGHT: 150... but to start with, 190 by June

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Normally, I hit some "crisis point," either to do with blood sugar through the floor or some emotional difficulty - a paper, feeling tired, feeling low - that I would normally self-medicate for with food. Then I cave. I have very little will power because I've always used food to make me feel good, emotionally and physically. When I'm feeling stressed or tired, it's the first thing that gets sacrificed.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I started the IR diet on Monday. Admittedly, this is only day 3, but I feel so full of energy! I'm amazed at how wonderful it feels not to be cycling through periods of high and low blood sugar. I'm sleeping better, I'm less anxious, and I really can go for long periods between meals without eating. My soda and chocolate cravings are basically gone. It's a miracle. I want to keep it up, even if I don't lose, because I feel so much better!
  • ]DATE: 03-01-07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: dixee/dixee

BIRTHDAY: December 20th

MARITAL STATUS: Soon to be divorced, but also reconnected with the true love of my life

CHILDREN/AGES: Matthew, playing in heaven since 12/20/95, and two M/C in 2000 : Want to TTC again as soon as I lose some weight

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, shopping, music,reading, tattoos, Native American lifestyle and art, travelling, cooking, photography, movies, love to hang out with family and friends!

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 252

CURRENT WEIGHT: 225

GOAL WEIGHT: 190 to start, and then will re-evaluate how I feel

OCCUPATION: Student now, was in nursing until I broke my back in 2005

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Currently SW Washington State, tho am originally from Montana and just moved to WA from Oklahoma...whew!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have a really tough hard to break habit with carbs! I love salt too...and when having a bad day, nothing is better in the world than a Pepsi! Sometimes I feel like I don't have a very strong support system to help with my weight loss, and more than anything I would love to have some online buddies to encourage each other. I have a broken back (a story in itself) and it has made excersise a bit more difficult as well as arthritis in my knees. This is not an "excuse" but it makes working out/swimming/ etc so much more painful.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I more than anything want to be able to have another child!!! But with the PCOS and also being diabetic it has made it a challenge, I am sure the weight issues don't help. This time, I acknowledge I have a problem and am ready to deal with it! I know I can do this!!! I am being treated for the diabetes as well as the PCOS with Metformin 2000 mg/day.
  • USERNAME/REAL NAME: Wamtam/Tammy

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern Canada (Yukon)

MARITAL STATUS: never married

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading camping, fishing, crocheting

PETS: 1 cat

CHILDREN: none

TOP WEIGHT: 246

CURRENT WEIGHT: 242

GOAL WEIGHT: now is 200 then will work to 150ish

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Portion control

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I need to get healthy. Am tired of being tired. Need to find my groove in life!