Per day cholesterol?

• Does anyone here know how much Cholesterol is too much? Like, is there a healthy amount of Cholesterol (MG) to eat a day so that I can base my diet around that? Say if maybe I eat very low Cholesterol throughout the day, I can reward myself with a wonderful Hamburger at night and still not go over the daily healthy range?

Thanks,
    Dean
  • I'm not a doctor...and truthfully, I don't get all that concerned about cholesterol in my diet. I *do* get a blood test every year as part of my annual physical to make sure my cholesterol levels are okay as there is a history of heart disease in my family.

I dunno if there *is* a preset 'healthy level' to eat a day - I would say it is an on an individual level personally - something to discuss with your primary care physician

I did a little web surfin', and found this quiz:

Quote:
    Ask Yourself These Questions

Do I eat a lot of hamburgers, pizza, and other fast foods?
    Do I drink whole milk or eat cheese or ice cream often?
    Do I eat fatty meats, such as steaks, ribs, or hot dogs?
    Do I often eat fried foods?
    Do I often eat donuts, pies,or other pastries?
    Do I put butter, gravy, or cream sauces on my food?

The more "YES" boxes you checked, the more fat and cholesterol you eat—and the more likely you are to have high cholesterol.
    Personally, I'd say it's a good idea in any case to limit the foods listed above to special occasions or treats...just IMO of course