The Great Pumpkin Challenge - Week 3

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Karla - where did you get the tablets? I havent seen them anywhere although I havent checked out GNC lately.

I am really frustrated. I am not going to meet my WO goal this week because of TOM! The doctor told me I would have pain for 3-4 months after surgery but this is crazy. I am so uncomfortable.

I am hoping it passes soon!!
  • Back on track, slowly but surely. Down 1.5 this week (recovering from last week). Can't wait til Monday!

I went to 7-11 on the way to work tonight -
    DIET PEPSI SLURPEES!!!!!!!
    I'm in heaven.............
  • Karen - I get them at HyVee grocery store, in the pharmacy department. They are about half the price of fibercon. You can probably get the generic fiber tabs at Walmart. I really like them.

Karla
  • Hey, about the Psyllium - I discovered this weekend that the psyllium amounts per serving can vary per brand! I had one that had 1 T for a serving, and the one I bought yesterday is 1 t per serving. I started at 1 serving and moved to 2. I only did it once a day. That got me about 10 g of fiber in my smoothie.

Karen, for a smoothie, I put in 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 serving chocolate protein powder, about 6-8 ice cubes, a splash of water, a few drops of stevia and some husk. Whirl it all up and you have a chocolate shake...the cottage cheese completely whirls and you don't know it is cottage cheese. Makes it thick... I also add some decaf instant coffee on occasion, and it is a mocha smoothie. Good!
  • Don't forget, tomorrow is WEIGH IN day. We will then start Week 4. I'm hoping for a loss this week. Hey...I DESERVE a loss this week.
  • Hi all,

I could use a challenge, too,( and a kick in the butt) and would like to jump on this thread if that's okay. Better late than never?

My goal for Halloween will be 150. At the rate I've been going, that is definitely a challenge lol!
  • Checking in this week with my challenge information!

1) Down 1 pound !! 188.5! WOO HOO!!
    2) Drank all my water!!
    3) Worked out 3 days this week
    4) took all my vitamins 5 out of 7 days!
  • Woohoo Karen! You're doing great on all your goals!

I'm a bit disappointed. While I'm down 2 pounds from the last weigh-in, it really came off on Wednesday when TOM left. That means, I didn't really show a weight loss this week, just left overs from last week. I really need to start measuring myself, though. I keep havin' to hitch up m' jeans cause they're fallin' down!

I didn't do too well on my water and no excersize at all yet. Hmm...maybe that has something to do with this little mini-stall!

In any case, I'm down 2 pounds from last weeks weigh-in. I'll take it and think I'll go fill up my water bottle for the first time this morning! Good luck to all and welcom to Val!

Jen
  • Congrats on terrific WI's. I lost 2 pounds. I'm down to 309. 21 pounds in all. I am so stoked!!! I hope it stays this easy. gotta go. Science class is coming in.

Karla
  • I don't know why I always expect great results when I've been OP and exercising. It's not as if it ever happens. Once again, I've been disappointed. Scale still hovering around 280. I took my measurements to see the fantastic results promised after week 2 on Body Flex and I'm sorry to say that I must be bulking up instead of slimming down. Even though my clothes feel looser, it's not registering on the tape measure. In fact, I even showed a significant gain in some areas, specifically upper abs, waist and lower abs (where I really need to lose inches). I'm not going to give up on Body Flex though because I AM definitely feeling more energetic and have better endurance, plus my undies are feeling loose. Maybe I'm just not measuring in the right places. I can also feel muscle under the flab where there didn't used to be anything but flab. One of these days all this work has to pay off but I'm getting very discouraged about it all. A loss of 9 lb since mid-July just isn't anything to cheer about.
    Congrats to those who are having more success than I am.
  • WEEK 3 RESULTS
    Well I"m done almost 3 lbs this week and I am supremely thrilled (from 194.2 to 191.6!!!)

Yes, it is because TOM is done, but I seem to have a pattern where I stay OP, but hover around the same lb for about 2 weeks before TOM.....I try to be strong and stick to it, altho I do get frustrated at times.

Then during and after TOM...the weight FINALLY comes off! I am just noticing this pattern after almost 4 months on Atkins, and I can live with it, if this is what is meant to be.

I don't remember how much I weighed when I started the challenge, , but I am still hoping to reach 185 by my dr appt at end of October.

Need to up the exercise and water as I have been a bit negligent!

Froufy
  • Finally! Since the beginning of the challenge, I haven't done any extra excersize at all. Just got back from a 25 minute walk. Just under 1 1/2 miles. That should help the weight come off faster, right? Sweating like crazy, though. Yuck! Wish it were typical Western Washington weather instead of this perpetual summer!
    Then no one would know I was sweating because I'd be drenched to the skin with rain!

Jen
  • Well this mornings weigh in showed NO LOSS but I'll do it again in the morning and see what happens. Surely it was some unmentionable explanation!
  • Grrrrrrrrrrr
    I am stalled this week, 166.5. I started reading the Atkins book and he says that hormones, esp containing Estrogens will stall or prohibit weight loss. I have been taking Yasmin for about 10 months, not for birth control but to control heavy painful periods. I did gain about 7lbs the first few months on the Yasmin. I am debating going off them for a month or so, anyone else have problems losing while on hormones???
  • hi all. i've been mia for almost a week now. have been very busy, as well as internet problems. at any rate, no loss this week. my problem is that i've not had a movement in 16 days. i'm on my third cup of decaf coffee this morning, hoping it will work like it did when i was little--uh, younger. supersized has not been on since isabel hit. she is ok, but still has no power.

congrats to all who have had a loss this week. sorry, i'm not replying individually. i'm still catching up on nearly a week's worth of posts.

linda, hang in there. we'll get there eventually. good luck.