Just peekin' in

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Heyas sunseeker... so are you in AK now? I'm a former Alaskan, going to be heading up there for a week on the 20th.

I know how emotionally wrecking breaking up with someone can be, regardless if there was a marriage involved or not. It sounds like you're starting to get yourself back on track mentally, and that's a good thing.

I'm one of those people who lurk around more than they post, but I pop in and shoot my mouth off once in a while.

Welcome!
  • Sunseeker - I can totally relate. I gained 100 pounds in 5 years from a very unhealthy relationship and I'm back in school. Good luck and PM me if you ever get bored.
  • Hey Raven, nope I'm in not so lovely eastern oregon at this moment. I was born and raised in anchorage though, haven't been home in about 2 years. But, I have decided to make the trip back this christmas. If you don't mind me asking where were you from?
  • I was born in Summit, spent about 8 years in McGrath, and another 26 years between Fairbanks, Anchorage, and the slope.

My brother lives in Portland, OR right now - I had thought about moving there, now I'm glad I didn't. Reminds me too much of Anchorage. *lol* I'm pretty happy living down in GA - though if someone had told me 10 years ago I'd be living in the deep south, I'd have laughed my butt off.

I gather from the comment that you're not too happy with Oregon?
  • Sflake-I started SBD on my birthday!!! Need to get back on it now.....

Sunseeker and Satine-GOOD for YOU TWO for doing it now. it DOES get harder as you get older, and I can tell you from personal experience, being 45 and trying to get it off is NO FUN!!! (Not that it is ever really FUN, but it does get harder!!)
  • Dentrassi - that is what I am thinking better do it NOW....
    I have wasted too much time already......Thanks for the encouragement!!
  • No dout about that, I feel like I have limited my self so much since gaining all of this weight. Thanks for all of the kind words!

Raven, that is soooo funny about the deep south, because I spent this summer in Rockport, Texas on the gulf coast and absoultly fell in love with it, class 1 hurricane and all. I figure mountains, or water but it has to be one or the other. Eastern Oregon is nice enough, it's really cheap to live here and go to school, cheaper than UAA at home. We are on extreme fire watch right now so there's not much to do right now, outdoorwise. Plus, it's just too dang cold already..... I know I'm from AK. but it went from high 90's to 45 in like a day, yuck! I got so spoiled with having a "real" summer. So much for easing into fall/winter. I love Georgia, I was in Savannah a couple of years ago looking at an art school there. I wanted to move there soooo, bad but just couldn't swing it.