Smilies

• I know this may seem like a small problem, but I just love those little smiles, and I'm having a terrible time accessing the "Get More" portion. I seem to be able to get the first 15, but when I try for more, I get nothing. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Deets, do you use a popup blocker? The smilie box uses a popup script to appear in it's entirety.

You can bookmark this page http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc...ion=getsmilies to use as a guide, if you wish. But if you are using a popup blocker, please add our domain to the allowed list We put limits on pop ads anyway, so you won't be bombarded.
  • Thanks, Suzanne,
    I did disengage the "No Pop-ups" last night on my computer in hopes it would help. Lets see if it does... Wow!! It did it that time!! Nope, it will not allow me to click on the smiles more than one time. This was my problem before. As I continued writing my message, I could not use the smiles more than one time.
    Any suggestions??
  • So Sorry!! I don't know what exactly I was doing wrong, but I think I've corrected my mistake!

I am not the smartest when it comes to computers...bear with me, please.

Thanks for your patience. I love this SBD site!

Learn something new every day!
    Sharon
  • Smilies
    Okay, let me see if I can explain my problem. When I am posting and forget to add a "smilie," it won't let me put the "smilie" within the text I have already typed, even when that is where my cursor is. When I click on the smilie I want it shows up, but at the end of my post. The only way I can get it anywhere else is to cut and paste. Any ideas?
  • Ummm, you could try MANUALLY typing in the smilie. You know... like : plus ) equals
  • I know. It's frustrating. I think cut and paste is the only way to put them where you want them. I usually insert them as I type.
  • Smilies
    Maybe you could consider making "smilies" a separate thread topic. I just found this and now I understand a little more.
    So where is this menu and how is it activated?
    Thanks!!
  • J and L Mom, the smilies menu appears in a wee box beside your post when you Post Reply. It does not show up if you use the Quick Reply feature. Have fun! However, be aware that too many smilies and acronyms make posts hard to read sometimes.
    Holler if you need more help.
  • Thanks for the smilie help!
    I am so excited now!!! That made my day! Simple pleasures for simple minds!!!
    Hope you all have a thin day!