August 2019 Thread South Beach

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: Good evening.
    Today was another exciting day for me: laundry and yardwork. What a life, right? Weight is steady and and food is mostly OP.

Cenari, I've made 2 zucchini recipes in the last week. The first one was Parmesan style (mix shredded zucchini with LF mozzarella and bake; bread crumb topping optional). The second was the fried zucchini from the P1 recipes. Dip slices in egg white, dust with Parmesan and bake. I was quite excited to find a zucchini plant in my compost pile the other day that had 2 squash ready to pick!

Welcome back Pearlygirly! The P1 food list is under the FAQ sections and almond milk is definitely allowed.
    https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd...ay-2008-a.html
    Join us often.

Debbie and Pearlrose.
    Hope everyone had a good start to their week.
    Hi Beth. I saw nothing re almond milk in the lists that's why I figured I'd check. Starting next week & need to shop & prep. Cenari... zucchini is great in sautes with chicken & some other veggies like mushrooms & onions. Zucchini is also a great replacement for lasagna noodles...you have to slice them longwise & thinly, then coat lightly w eggwash/ parm cheese mixture but they work well. I may use these to make a veggie lasagna I love having on hand in the freezer. Enjoy Tuesday everyone.
  • Good morning chicks.
    pearlygirly, sorry about that; you are correct. I guess I lump all the milk options (soy, almond, etc) together. Personally I think almond milk works for P1.

DH and I are going on a little drive to the mountains today, just because it is a lovely summer day. We'll stop for lunch salads somewhere.

Have a good day all!
  • Good morning chicks!
    The zucchini recipes sound good, Beth, as does a mountain drive.
    Welcome pearlygirl! I do think Almond milk is ok on Ph1 too & use it in my coffee, if nowhere else as an 'extra', the original unsweetened kind. I find a lot of good info on The Palm web site too.
    Hi Pearlrose & Lexxiss, hope all is well. I still have catch up on posts to do.
    All quiet here for a couple days, then a meet for lunch partway with DDs Sat. I have been off plan & it's always tough to refocus. I've been avoiding the scale & fear it may be creeping up this time. I plan a few days back on Ph1 starting Monday.
    DH has something planned today & has yet to fill me in. I'm enjoying a little bit of quiet time until then.
    Have a great day all✌
  • Quote: Good morning chicks!
    The zucchini recipes sound good, Beth, as does a mountain drive.
    Welcome pearlygirl! I do think Almond milk is ok on Ph1 too & use it in my coffee, if nowhere else as an 'extra', the original unsweetened kind. I find a lot of good info on The Palm web site too.
    Hi Pearlrose & Lexxiss, hope all is well. I still have catch up on posts to do.
    All quiet here for a couple days, then a meet for lunch partway with DDs Sat. I have been off plan & it's always tough to refocus. I've been avoiding the scale & fear it may be creeping up this time. I plan a few days back on Ph1 starting Monday.
    DH has something planned today & has yet to fill me in. I'm enjoying a little bit of quiet time until then.
    Have a great day all✌
    Hi Ceneri & Beth🙋 A drive sounds fun but I work during the week so that would have to wait. 100 plus here & can't wait for it to go down so I can walk around our little lake, it's more like a giant pond. I will have to check out that Palm site. I was browsing Kalyns Kitchen yesterday...lots of zucchini recipes there. Well enjoy your day...almost Friday girls.
  • Good evening,

Sorry haven't checked in a few days busy days now that I have to go in all the time. Stopped by Aldi's on my way home and loaded up with fresh veggies and fruits and healthy food so I am good to good again. Took my lunch to work today so made sure it was healthy. Still no word on jobs, hopefully either tomorrow or next week we will hear one way or the other. Still haven't heard back from doc either I send an email asking for an update on the 8th may have to call. This weekend will be busy, going up to DD1's for couple bridal shower and then DD2 and I are spending the night and going to another fitting for the dress. DD2 started school yesterday, but she now drives herself, just have to make sure that she actually gets up lol.

Hi Pearlygirl, I don't drink Almond milk but I do drink unsweetened coconut milk and never had a problem. I think as long it is the unsweetened version you should be good. I avoid Soy and if I ate too many almonds I have a reaction so...

Cenari it's hard to get back on track

Beth sounds like you have quite a few veggies coming in yum.

Debbie I can't remember when you said you were visiting your brother, hope you are enjoying family.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning chicks.
    It is a quiet day here today: the weather is overcast with rain later so I will not do yard work. I might make a quick grocery run and pick up a few items.

Pearlrose, showers and dress fittings are exciting! It's different having only boys, there was never anything pink in my house. lol Hope you get good news on the job front this week.
    Cenari, did you have a nice visit with DD?
    Debbie, it's nice you can spend more time with your brother.
    pearlygirly, I have been on Kalyn's site a lot lately looking for new ideas. DH is doing SB with me right now so I've converted all the eating and cooking to it.

Here's a question: anyone know where coconut flour goes on the food list? I'm guessing P2 but can't find a definitive answer. I made some bread with flax meal and coconut flour yesterday. It is pretty good but the texture is a bit like cornbread.

Have a good day, all.
  • Good evening. This weekend was definitely busier than I would have liked. I thought the same thing about the coconut flour & coconut sugar too after PearlRose mentioned coconut milk. But I have 2 weeks til I can even entertain such thoughts. Worked today & had a really sloppy roommate move out Saturday so no chance for a good food prep. I did shop & get veggies, V8, ground turkey for at least a couple days. I figure I can boil off a couple eggs to eat before work & I was planning taco bake for dinner (I have ingredients for it). Lunch is something called Tuscan Tuna Salad that I make which is a mayo-less tuna mixed into white beans. Anyway hope you all have great weeks tomorrow.
  • Hi pearlygirly. I suspect coconut sugar is P2 since it has a low glycemic index so maybe the flour is also?

Just a normal Monday here. I'm doing laundry after hitting the grocery store. Such an exciting life!

I've got half a pan of leftover tacobake in my fridge too so that's dinner.

Have a good day all.
  • Hi Chicks🙋
    Glad to read all your updates. I am so ready to get back to plan today, I was almost there most the weekend. I started tracking 'cheats' too, which helps me from straying too far. As I feared, weight's up, but only 2#s thankfully. I hope to lose that this week & then get back to losing steady.
    DDs visits were very special & I'll be off for more grandbaby time Wed, just until Fri. They are keeping me busy, thank goodness for retirement.
    Kalyn's Kitchen is one of my favorite recipe sites. She raves about the tuna in evoo, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Also, when I'm unsure if an ingredient is SB ok, I have compared nutritional info to a similar listed item, esp carb & sugar info or GI if avail. I'm certainly no expert & not opposed to a little creativity, especially if I get results.
    Have a great week all✌
  • Hi a'll. Popping in to say hi before my 5,001st start on Ph1. Getting recipes done and such. Things are okay on my end. I keep going through phases of my ankylosing spondylitis - on plan feel great, new med, gain weight back. I am over it. So, back on the beach for me. Hope you all are well!
    Jenn
  • Good afternoon,

Busy week again but going to try and stop by more frequent. Still no news on either front for me. Trying to make good food choices and have incorporated hand weights to do some upper body exercises along with the PT exercises for knees.

Cenari and Beth I think Coconut flour would probably be Phase 2, unsweetened coconut milk is Phase 1 if I am just drinking it I add a pinch of stevia.

Pearlygirl looks like you have a food plan

Hi Jenn I think you are joining the rest of that are doing either Phase 1 or Phase 1.5

Have a great day everyone
  • Happy Hump day. I mostly have a plan but didn't realize how much sugar I was eating & the cravings I would have. Last night, I found a last half pint of premium ice cream my former roommate left behind. So today is a new day & guess I need to look for sweet snacks because evenings get me. I had cottage cheese w 1pkg Splenda & cinnamon for breakfast that was pretty sweet & we'll see how my stomach feels about it. Hope everyone has a good, productive day.
  • Good morning,

Had a good op plan day it makes such a difference in how you feel, going for day, I am doing Phase 1.5 adding a bit of fruit in. I sent an email asking about positions and now I am supposed to meet with a coworker and talk to him about positions and then talk to the VP afterwards, so vague lol. I think at least they are thinking of me for a position, one of my coworkers had same response and is meeting our coworker for lunch today so I will get the scoop from him what the heck is going on. Praying that coworker didn't get the manager position and is filling positions under him. (the one we have to meet with) Sorry I am venting lol. So glad I am on op and staying focused. Heard back from doc and they are still waiting on approval for medication so still a waiting game, I have managed to drop down dosage of tylenol and motrin but if I stop it starts hurting again so not quite there.

Hope everyone is doing well, Have a great day.
  • Hi Chicks🙋
    As often the case, my plan to get back on plan didn't go as planned. I finally accepted & recorded my weight up a couple #s from last low. Looking ahead we have more travel Fri thru next week. So, now my new plan is to hold steady until we get back from the coast in Sept (assuming we don't get diverted by a hurricane like last year).
    Pearlrose, I really hope you get some straight answers at work this week. I can't imagine the frustration, uncertainty is the worst, imho.
    Beth, are you getting ready for back to school? Summer has really flown by around here.
    Hope everyone else is well & looking forward to your updates.
    Have a wonderful week all ya'll✌
  • Good morning chicks.
    Just a quick check in to say food has been pretty good (P1.5, mostly adding some berries) but weight has been bobbing up and down. Those first few weeks on P1 are so gratifying with the big drop but I knew the next pounds would come off slowly.
    We are getting a preview of fall weather; cool nights and lower humidity. The gardens are really winding down as well. Soon it will be time to get some mums.
    Pearlrose, hope you get some good news soon.
    Cenari, hang in there. Food is hard to control when you are traveling. Just make "best choices"

Have a good day all.