Slow and steady

• I lost 6 stones (84lbs) with Slimming World, but over 2yrs have put 2 back on. Time to stop the rot now. I'd like to lose 3 stones(42lbs) by October when we go on a Scottish holiday. My husband and I are finding Slimming World a bit expensive so are trying something else. 44 years ago I lost 2 stones (28lbs) for my wedding doing Rosemary Conley hip and thigh. It wasn't like being on a diet, I had everything my family had, but cooked differently and I lost a steady 2lbs a week. Which I think is a nice amount. So we are going to have a bash at that. I know she's been out of favour for some years but the body doesn't change and her regime suits us. I still have my recipe books, and have ordered some new today from Amazon. My husband is doing this with me he lost 6stones 8lbs at the same time as me so we can and do support each other. It would be lovely to join a group on here though.
    Because we were carers we didn't have more than a caravan holiday for 32 years and sadly our daughter died in 2010. We were in a very dark place for some years but pulled ourselves together, moved house and are having the holidays now we could never have dreamed about. Trouble is, we come back from one cruise looking a bit 'portly' and don't get it off before the next. Our next as I said is in October so we've got a nice stretch ahead
  • Went shopping this morning, stocking up on low fat supplies for the store cupboard and frozen chicken fillets. More or less got everything else. Although we have both started our low fat healthy eating we are not officially starting until Monday. We are determined not to fall into the 'weigh everyday' trap. Just get on the scales every Monday morning
  • It gets harder to lose weight as you get older

Sorry about your daughter
  • I saw my doctor on Friday because I have a bit of pain in my hips and knees. He fully agrees that at the moment, losing weight is my priority. He wants me to eat low fat, but not go at it like a bull at a gate. no more than 3lbs a week, and aim for 40lbs off in a year. It's really what I planned to do before the pain started so here goes.
  • That sounds like an excellent plan Dollydimple. I hope you'll see an improvement in hip and knee pain. I did with my weight loss.
  • Quote: That sounds like an excellent plan Dollydimple. I hope you'll see an improvement in hip and knee pain. I did with my weight loss.
    Thanks ever so much for replying Biddy. I needed to hear that.

• You're welcome! It's so much easier to get out of bed, or out of chairs, too. Your joints will thank you. You can do this!