Ideal Protein Monthly Chat - May 2019

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Hi all,

Getting back on track today! Hoping for company Had good success a few years ago, then my husband passed away suddenly and I gave up on most everything. Fortunately 6 months later, I moved 1/2 way across the country to be closer to family. God blessed myself and my daughter and I remarried and now I have to take good care of me!

Wishing you all a wonderful day - I plan on posting daily and also posting my menu!

Take care and love to all...
    WE got this cactusflower! Again!

I had a tough weekend, and can't pretend I was 100% on plan. My oldest has autism and we had a very hard meeting with the school on Thursday that I still haven't gotten over - drowning my sorrows in wine is not the most constructive way to handle my sorrow, stress, and disappointment. I didn't even "plan" my food on the menu thread - I really need to handle my weekends and stress better. I am in this for the long haul - and targeting my blood pressure is my big goal with this - and fitting in to all my old clothes in my closet!
  • I missed my WI#4 - my 3yo DDs daycare called and I had to pick up - official WI on Sat. I need to get my mojo back and shake off my son's school meeting blues. Worried it's going to give me more excuses to backslide and I really want to make it to goal!
  • Quote: I missed my WI#4 - my 3yo DDs daycare called and I had to pick up - official WI on Sat. I need to get my mojo back and shake off my son's school meeting blues. Worried it's going to give me more excuses to backslide and I really want to make it to goal!
    Hi Liz,
    It’s so hard not to let stress get in the way. I’ve been there so many times and am trying to figure out other ways to manage stress without eating or drinking. Love the wine myself. I’m not a big exercise fan but trying. I am just trying to keep thinking about my health and also that as I get older it gets harder and I can’t keep doing this. Hang in there! You can do it!
    Jami
  • Hey IPEEPS! I actually missed my last week's Tuesday WI#4 (daycare called last minute and had to pick up my 3yo) - but had my make-up WI on Saturday and lost 6lb! What's funny is that I usually WI on Tue @ 4:45pm in work clothes and I had my Sat WI @ 10am & was wearing workout clothes - so my measurements were all WAY down too (mostly because I was wearing sports bra/leggings vs. jeans/underwire bra - apparently I lost 7" in my bust in 1 week - LOL). I'm getting back on schedule with my WI #5 tomorrow - so I'm expecting to go up in measurements and probably not have an official loss - but at least I will know why. I'm officially down 20lb.
    I have my weightlifting class today and starting to feel a little bloaty - I think TOM is quickly approaching.
    We are heading to the beach in Galveston for the long Memorial Day weekend Fri-Mon, so preparing to bring my packets and stock up on my veggies.
  • Quote: Hey IPEEPS! I actually missed my last week's Tuesday WI#4 (daycare called last minute and had to pick up my 3yo) - but had my make-up WI on Saturday and lost 6lb! What's funny is that I usually WI on Tue @ 4:45pm in work clothes and I had my Sat WI @ 10am & was wearing workout clothes - so my measurements were all WAY down too (mostly because I was wearing sports bra/leggings vs. jeans/underwire bra - apparently I lost 7" in my bust in 1 week - LOL). I'm getting back on schedule with my WI #5 tomorrow - so I'm expecting to go up in measurements and probably not have an official loss - but at least I will know why. I'm officially down 20lb.
    I have my weightlifting class today and starting to feel a little bloaty - I think TOM is quickly approaching.
    We are heading to the beach in Galveston for the long Memorial Day weekend Fri-Mon, so preparing to bring my packets and stock up on my veggies.
    CONGRATS on the great loss!
  • UGH - I've started having a "little snack" of mixed nuts in the lab - I think TOM is approaching as I am usually not so hungry by now (and I just had my IP lunch & cukes). At least they weren't carbs (silver lining?). Going to drink more water and have my snack early to head off a full on pig-out. I hope everyone is heading up into the long holiday weekend with a plan - I need to come up with mine!
  • Oh my iPeeps...I really had a vacation over Memorial Day. We rented a beach house in Galveston with my family and had several friends come visit all weekend. I veered off plan - I still kept it "low carb" (eg, I made a cake with chocolate covered strawberries and had none, but snacked on pecans several times, kept meals meat & IP veggies). It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't have had drinks (beer & wine)!!! My weekdays I am So Good, then weekends (especially this one) and it's 2 steps back. My first IP round I had 0 cheats, it's a struggle this time around.

My WI #6 yesterday was 0.0, I also started TOM then, so I guess it could have been worse. I'm kicking it in with "IP Boot camp", doing 4 IP packs + select veggies, upping my "free veggies" (greens & cukes). I'm feeling sufficiently guilty to kick back 100%.
  • I'm closing down last month's thread and opening up a new one for the summer - let's get this party started IPeeps!

https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ide...ml#post5390295