May 2019 Daily Thread

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning,

I am happy to report that the scale went back down so weekend weight is gone. Now to continue making progress til goal, I would like to lose 20 lbs by October. I think that is a reasonable goal. I have to go in today for meeting. They announced who are new VP is going to be, he starts June 10th so same day I am back from week long trip to Texas so that worked out perfectly. The weather has swung from being in the 40s to high 70s and may hit 80s tomorrow, so crazy, the house went from freezing to it will be hot by tomorrow.

Clara sounds like a fun trip was had, it is fun watching our kids and grandkids graduate. My DD1 is graduating in July from her online classes for nursing for her bachelors. She has already been working as a nurse for two years this was to complete her BSN and then she is moving on to get her masters after her wedding in October. Graduation is in Chicago so we are all going up to see her walk.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning,

We are in the 80s here, a/c is on hopefully just to kick on once in a while. Yesterday eating was off plan so back to it today. Knee is getting better each day, doing more exercises each week and twice a week PT is helping, go back next week for check up with doc.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning!

I am up and pretty much ready for work. Have 45 minutes before I need to head out. I work tomorrow then need to leave the house Monday by 4 AM to catch my flight. Crazy busy here. By the time I get back Kirk has only four days before he leaves to Alaska for a month. I think we may head down to Costco today after I get off work. It would be the easiest choice for getting Kirk food he can eat while I am gone. Last night was the first night he could wear both of his dentures and eat without pain. It has been a great challenge.

Clara, Neat that your son is in Colorado for the summer. I was just in Littleton yesterday.

Ceneri, flu is no fun. Hope you are 100% soon!

Rose, glad to hear your knee is so much better!

Beth,

Food has not been so great the past 10 days. Upcoming trip doesn’t help. We eat out every single meal. I’m going to look at the choices for my brothers breakfast spot this morning. I’m going to see if I could do something like fresh fruit and rye toast for breakfasts. My sister said that last visit he was eating his leftover breakfast for lunch. That would help, I could easily find something I could eat at home with him. Dinners, oh well. Best choice possible?

I will try to sleep in while I am away. Have a great week everyone!
  • Good morning everyone!
    It's going to reach 70 today here in MA! Yayyy! I was looking at the extended forecast & Monday should be 83. Then back to 60 on Tuesday, 70-72 for the rest of the week. The saying for Massachusetts is very true....If you don't like the weather, wait a minute. Crazy.
    Pearlrose, keeping up with your exercises will help your knee get back to full use quickly. Sounds like you are doing just that! Congratulations to your DD on her upcoming wedding & continuing school to get her masters. How wonderful!
    Lexxiss...you are a busy lady! I spoke with my grandson, Jimmy, the other night & he said it's beautiful in Littleton. He sent a couple of pictures. How beautiful to be able to see the mountains from your window! He started work yesterday, so I'll check back with him next week. He has a truck that he was going to drive there with a friend, but it needed some work. He flew out & Scott, his dad & our son, is going to drive out there tomorrow, Sunday. He'll take the red eye back home Tuesday night. George, DH, wanted to pay for the truck to be delivered, but Scott said he'll get to see the country this way. I don't think we ever stop worrying about our kids no matter how old they get.
    I'll be doing some cleaning around here & try to get outside to enjoy some nice weather.
    Have a great weekend whatever your plans may be.
    Clara~~
  • Good morning,

It's a beautiful day right now outside but rain is supposed to be coming. Not sure what is on the agenda but I think I am going to run errands, need to go get oil changed in DD2 soon to be car and go to Home Depot to get a new gate for outside basement stairs and get some touch up restore paint for both the railing outside the basement stairs and the back deck. Not going to do the work today since rain is on horizon but need to go get. Want to get a pedicure as well since we are going on trip on June 1st. Scale is up even though eating was op yesterday, sure its just hormones.

Debbie sounds like you are a busy lady. Safe travels tomorrow for you and enjoy your trip with your brother. My FIL never got the hang of eating with his dentures in so that was a challenge for sure.

Clara we have the same saying here in St. Louis the weather is crazy last weekend we were cold with high of 49 and this weekend the high is in the 80s and having to run the AC. Glad your DS is loving Colorado, I lived in Denver for 6 months for training back in the 80s and loved being able to see the mountain view every morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Good morning chicks!
    I finally have a chance to catch up on everyone's posts.
    Pearlrose, sounds like your knee hasn't held you back one bit. Hope the PT is successful. You have lots to look forward to coming up.
    Lexxiss, I'm sorry your brother isn't doing well. Hope you have a good visit & safe travels.
    Clara, I'm so sorry about your kitty. Losing a pet is do hard, they are family for many of us.
    Beth, hope all is well. You must be getting close to school year's end.
    I've found myself slipping into some old bad eating habits the past few days. At our farmers mkt yesterday I grabbed a pastry, ate it with hardly a thought, then realized that was stupid! What was that?!? Time to get it back together.
    Still no weight gain thankfully, but that won't last the rate I'm going.
    I'll stick with salads visiting DDs this week, we order out mostly. I get a little stressed with my Mom around. She's def showing signs of short-term memory issues. But, she's having a great time.
    We're in for 90° weather this week near Raleigh! Not sure I'm ready for that kind of heat. Thank goodness for AC, ours has been on already here in WNC.
    Have a lovely Sunday & week all✌
  • Good morning, chicks.
    I didn't realize I hadn't posted in so long; I read posts on my phone but prefer to type on my computer. Like a few of you we are swinging through some extremes in weather. One morning it was 38* this week but tomorrow we should be in the mid 70s. Yesterday we went and bought a new mower; I think DH will be excited to get it delivered this week. We have had quite a bit of rain lately so the grass really needs attention. Today I should sit down and plan what veggies I want to plant. It probably won't be much besides the standard tomatoes, cukes and squash. Although I will admit I sometimes go a little crazy when I'm at the garden center!

Food has not been good and weight is showing signs of upward creep....I need to get back on the wagon.Old habits die hard I guess.

Debbie, safe travels. I'm glad you can be with your brother.
    Pearlrose, glad you had a nice trip and the PT seems to be helping.
    Cenari, in NY we go to school through the month of June. (Put me in charge and I would change that!) But at least the last 1 1/2 weeks is exams. Sorry to hear your Mom is starting to fail; 3 years ago we went through major health issues with both my parents and were fortunate to find good care for both of them.
    Clara, hope you are getting a chance to enjoy the spring weather.

Have a good day all.
  • Good morning!

i am sitting at the gate waiting to board...already 20 min late. I hope some time gets made up. I have a short layover in Atlanta. It was sleeting when I left home this morning and 32 degrees. I had tea prexjexk so I wore my Merrill shoes and a light jacket. I’m carrying on only so hopefully I’ll change out shoes in Atlanta.

Have a great start to the week everyone!
  • Good afternoon,

Such a nice day it's only 67 degrees and sunny right now. Eating was off again yesterday so trying to stay op today. Tomorrow is DH birthday and we are going out to eat for dinner but will find something op from menu. Tonight have to go to parent meeting at school for the band trip that is coming up June 1st.

Deb hope you were able to make your connecting flight in Atlanta.

Cenari hope you are enjoying all the visits

Beth with all the rain we have been getting DH has had to cut the grass multiple times already.

Have a great evening everyone.
  • Hi all
    Well it got to 84 today!!! Yayyyyyyy! Of course tomorrow will be 20 degrees colder. Oh well.
    It's 3:50 pm est here & DS Scott should be getting into Littleton just about now. He got a good night's rest last night in Nebraska. We talked to him about 7:45 last night & today he said he conked out right after that & woke up at 6 am. He said he was taking his time since GS Jimmy is working. They have to unload the truck. I'll bet Jimmy laughs when he sees the stuff I sent! Scott has a 10:45 (?) red eye flight back to Boston tonight. He'll be sleeping on the plane I'll bet.
    Our GD got in this afternoon to Philadelphia from Oklahoma. She's a coxswain on Temple University's Rowing team. I can't believe the race she just finished was her last at Temple. I know there were tears flowing for all the girls.
    My husband has lost a few more pounds! He went down 2 sizes in pants! He's done so well & I'm proud of him. He does question food he eats now which is great!
    Does anyone watch The Village? Love this show! Season finale is tomorrow night. Pretty sure it's been renewed.
    Time to get dinner started. I got some stir fry beef strips. Ill use very little oil & stir fry peppers & onions with the beef. Making mashed cauliflower & a salad. I could eat salads for 3 meals.....and a snack I must have been a rabbit in my other life!
    Have a great rest of the day & night!
    Clara~~
  • Good morning from Key West!

I did make my flight connection all right but I’m glad that I scheduled a three hour layover in Atlanta on the way home. I do really need to be at wonk on Sunday .

Just a quick hello we are on our way to breakfast. I have the same throng every mornin-cup of fresh fruit, poached eggs and dry rye. Lunch is salad and dinner...oh well.

emjoy your day everyone!
  • Good afternoon,

Had 6 week post surgery check up, doc said its coming along fine, we will find out new baseline at next check up in 6 weeks. I did get another shot in my right knee as it wore off. Then I went to PT this afternoon. Weather has been crazy around here with lots of tornadoes but they are missing our town which is fine by me. Right now it is a muggy 80 degrees outside so AC is on. No real plans for this weekend since we are leaving on vacation next Saturday so we will hang around here though it is supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday. At least it's a 3 day weekend for me. Today was DD2 last day of school, she finished with straight A's so proud of her.

Clara glad your husband is doing well on this way of life. I do watch the Village what a season ending, very good show.

Debbie enjoy your last couple of days and safe travels home.

Beth hope school is going well

Cenari hope your enjoying your visit

Have a great evening everyone!
  • Good morning chicks!
    My plan to stick with salads didn't last, no surprise. Weight's up a couple, I'm ready to get back on track with phase 2. My appetite & cravings aren't bad.
    We got back late Wed. I hate driving past dark, especially in the mountains. The last hour was stressful & exhausting.
    Our visits were wonderful. Time with the grands is precious enough. Putting youngest 2mo DGS in 83yo Mom's arms is indescribable. And spending time with all 3 babies together...pure joy!
    Our weather's been so nice, 80s & sunny. DH loves to grill when weather allows, which makes meals easy.
    Pearlrose, glad to read the tornadoes missed your area.
    Lexxiss, Key West is fun! Do chickens still wander around lose everywhere?
    Beth, fresh picked ripe tomatoes are the best! I haven't had a garden since we moved, except herbs & flowers in pots.
    Clara, I'll have to look for that show. There aren't many to enjoy anymore. We only have Amazon, YouTubeTV & MLB to watch. Haven't missed cable or satellite yet.
    I'm finally getting my 1st spring pedi this afternoon. Sandals just aren't the same without. I'm thinking light & bright for color, but usually change my mind before it goes on...lol.
    Have a beautiful Fri & weekend all ✌
  • Good morning, chicks.
    We have a 4 day weekend for Memorial Day; originally it was only Monday but today was tacked on since we had an unused snow day. (in our neck of the woods we start the school calendar always has 5-6 extra days included for weather). In spite of all the rain we have had this week DH was able to get the mowing done now I hope to get the veggies planted this weekend.

Cenari, how special to be able to take your Mom and visit all the grandbabies!
    Debbie, enjoy your last days of your trip.
    Pearlrose, glad the knee is improving.
    Clara, my husband does not understand how I can eat salads every day and never get tired of them!

Enjoy the day, chicks. I'm sensing P1 starting on Tuesday for me....
  • Good morning,

Enjoying the last day of my 3 day weekend, we will got Jefferson Barracks for Memorial day and then just hang out a bit might grill later today. I did finally do a run to home depot and got the new gate for the outside basement stairs and paint for deck touchup (won't use since we are still getting rain every day, will wait until we hit the dry part of summer). Eating was not good on Saturday but got back on track yesterday.

Cenari sounds like you had a great visit.

Beth hope you were able to get your plants started, I haven't done a garden in years, I can barely keep up with weeds around the house as is.

Have a great day everyone.