May 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 1 of 35
Go to
  • Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
  • good afternoon! I hope may doesn't go as fast as april did!
  • I am so looking forward to this month! I have the visit to SC to meet my daughter, son in law and 2 grandchildren I have not seen in over 2 years!.....So goal is to drop (fingers and toes crossed) 6lbs between now and May 26th.....lets have a great month chickies!
  • Hi
    Hi Everybody!

Thanks for setting this up Diana. Way to be on top of things!

Ditto Nancylmrn. I do hope all of us chickies have a great month!

I have eaten 1186 cal today and want MORE!!!

But 1200 is my goal.
    Oy. What a slog this is!

Hope I make it through the night without another bite.
  • Happy to join in
    Hi all! I am new to 3FC and I always love accountability. I'd like to use this thread as my exercise tracking at least.
    I am down 30 pounds in just under 2 years. My ideal would be to lose another 35 pounds. I lost the first half with exercise and eating less. Just set up a new workout schedule which involves walking every day except one. That day I will be in the gym. Walks are short this week.
    CURRENT STATS 170 pounds size 12 Mid 40s
    STARTING WEIGHT 200 pounds size 16 June 2017
    GOAL WEIGHT 135 pounds size ? By Dec 2018

Accountability progress....Completed Week one of Beginners Walking Program 15 mins for 5 days =75 min

Beginning Week 2 of BWP 15/20 mins for 6 days + 1 spin class
  • welcome capri! power walked to and home from my meeting tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
  • Welcome back, everyone!

Capri Hi and welcome to the check-in.
  • Fantastic news Ciecie! Good for you! Thank you so much for your kind welcome and I look forward to posting my accountability.
  • Thank you so much for your extra special welcome Diane! I do great in small groups as long as someone doesn't get upset at my success or turn it into a competition. This happened in my last little Facebook group. There are quite a few people out there who are happy to join a group...yet just end up lurking and make no effort to join in and take action. Or worse...begin competing with you. Everyone has their own goals and own way of doing things. Supporters are important yet it's just
    as important to ensure everyone feels validated in a positive way. I look forward to my month of May progress and to posting positive numbers in 31 days.
  • Welcome Capri- you'll find lots of support with us chicks!
    I am on my journey down from 170 hopefully to 135, so similar to this latest journey for you. Congrats on the 30 pounds!

Tonight I gave in and ate a small baked potato, so I am over my plan. 1309 cal when plan was less than 1200 cal I ate junk today. Two bagels! And then a one scoop of frozen custard in the evening. A big change from the fruit and veggies that have been my staple for the last 8 weeks. I already feel myself drawn to my old ways wanting more sweets. How quickly my body remembers that pattern. Sweets then bread and salty then sweets again. Cravings. So eating junk turns on more cravings for me. Just have to get back on track. Diets take fortitude and I am low on that right now.
  • have most the stuff I wash once a month done. the rest will get washed later on this week. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
  • Hi Zallie and thank you so much! Yes it feels great to lose 30 pounds so thank you. It is a huge amount and just requires time and patience. It's better than going the opposite way in two years!

Since you caught me halfway....I promise the cravings go away. Drinking a lot of water helps. I came up with various swaps which really helped. I now have low fat plain yogurt with 1 teaspoon of sugar free jam and some graham crackers mixed in as a substitute for baked goods. I eat one pudding cup..chocolate with one teaspoon of peanut butter instead of a candy bar. I used to eat so much cheese! I would buy it pre grated and use it like salt...sprinkling on everything. I gradually cut back and now I can't believe I did that. I walk past the cheese with no feelings for it at all.
    Determine your cravings and swap for a lower fat version of it. For example...if you crave the salt in potato chips..?switch to pretzels or crackers. Anything with less just to get you started and soon....it will be time to swap out again. I found baby steps worked best. It's why it took two years but I know it is gone for good. Yes, I feel good about joining in here!
  • Quick hi and confession:

I got into sour jelly beans. I knew it was coming. Sat for over an hour UNSUCCESSFULLY trying to give myself a decent manicure.. after the 3rd attempt...headed for the new bag (not eating my kids' candy anymore)

so I sprayed the EMPOWER in my mouth and kept eating them (taste like citric acid without sugar) tongue burns...it's late..good place to hop in bed
  • Hi everyone. Happy May day! Holiday here which is great. We have 4 4-day weeks in a row. How I dread that first 5-day one.

Not much to report on the weight loss front. I've mostly been to plan. One meal a day, and it's been a decent one. I've been having some popcorn after supper as a snack, so I must break that habit and drink more water. So I haven't been great with weight loss eating, but pretty good at maintaining and my weight has stayed around 166lbs for.... Feels like a hundred years! Bit less stressed this week, so let's see 8f I can summon more motivation and get stricter to make the scale move.
    Well done to everyone losing. You are rock stars! Double well done to all those maintaining. And to all those struggling - forgive yourselves. It's a new month!
  • good morning! i'll have breakfast and workout in a few minutes.