March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 21 of 42
Go to
  • Diana - the pit bull attack on the older couple? It sounds terrible. Their dog died and they are in the hospital.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ck/3161311002/
  • Quote: Diana - the pit bull attack on the older couple? It sounds terrible. Their dog died and they are in the hospital.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ck/3161311002/
    That's it. The dog being walked was actually owned by Alison's family and young son. Her parents were walking the dog when the attack took place. Alison is a DJ on His Radio, a station that's broadcasted throughout the Southeast.
  • Good morning to all of you on this awesome Friday....
    Whew that 1lb vino gain is gone. Now to stay back on track with my 'points' and meal planning. Today's lunch is a new one with basically 'soup in a jar' ---brocolli slaw, tomato paste, chicken boulion, herbs, black beans and a few oz of fresh pasta....I will add 2 cups boiling water and let it sit for a few I sure hope it tastes good. If not it is my lonely black bean patty only (homemade...so easy)
    Even my gym workout this am was good, upped my wieghts for lower and upper body even though I did some different exercised on upper that use larger muscle groups with the heavier weight. I just incorporated some ab work which I had been lacking hoping to reduce the size of that middle aged pouch.

Going to jump off and finish up with personals after my lunch break today...thinking of everyone here and the support with a big smile on my face.
  • Have any of you ever made soup in a jar or lunch in a jar where you just add boiling water, let it sit for a bit and eat? I just did a ww soup....a few pieces of fresh pasta, tomato paste, bullion base, dried tomato, black bean and broccoli slaw + a few spices. It was really good and filling. I used an old spaghetti jar. Then poured into a bowl...I am going to look for more of this kind of thing. We have an electric kettle at work and this I can pack/make ahead of time then pop in the frig until I am ready to heat up and 'cook'...I think the next time (next week) I will get sliced cabbage and other veggies along with the beans....just talking out loud
  • Hi
    Nancy- I would like to try that soup. Sounds good!
  • good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands before I punched in. power walked and ran errands on my to and home from supper. got my annual review at work. will be getting a raise starting in april!
  • March 2019
    Hi!

Larry, thanks for the advise about azaleas...I once visited a rhododendron garden in Portland, OR. It was very beautiful. I was there in early March and there were rhododendrons and daffodils blooming at the time. By the time I left the garden there was 2 inches of snow on the ground... In PA there are rhododendron and mountain laurel that grow wild. They look really nice. I stopped by a camp I attended as I child and hiked through a historic park nearby and nearly all the rhododendron were gone. I don't know if that is just a natural phase in the growth of a forest or if it is something else...like deer.

DID-ITs:

1) I did some walking. (I am in really bad shape) and I did some knee exercises and I went up and down stairs many times. I worked with my seedlings. I had the seedlings outside because of the great weather...but tomorrow it will be cold (again), so I piled them up in the basement and put a few in the window and a few under a desk lamp. Oh, I have a couple of little 3 leaf seedlings.

2) No food mover. Weakness include Chinese and part of a piece of carrot cake and a frappe. Ooh. I am having problems saying no when other people offer me food. And I am feeling stressed about having too much to do gardening. I went grocery shopping and bought mostly healthy stuff.

TODO:

1) exercise

2) food mover

3) cleanup mess

4) renew library books

5) health insurance

Have a better day than me.
  • good evening! will be having a busy day tomorrow. will take some recycling to the recycling center.
  • Diana, so sad to hear this!!! I listen to His Radio sometimes. I pray for complete restoration of the couple in Jesus name. I enjoyed reading about the thin cute Jennifer in your devotion...especially being frus rated by 180.0 yet again on the scale...of course yesterday was 181.2 so that is better than yesterday even after cake and ice cream...

Granny, I understand your frustration with the police, I have had my own share of frustration...I pray again God blesses that couple with a better home away from you. I also pray for clearance of the blame as she seems protective of her dog...Hope the training went well. I think getting the walk is half the battle

Zallie, I pray your knee is completely healed and restored in Jesus name. Yay on the weight loss, great job on the calorie goals.

Nancy, did you say your new charm was already in the mail? Glad the 1lb wine gain is gone . Saw a meme "sometimes wine happens" and just giggled about it.

Flower, just wow. Yes, the Our Father is so powerful as a direction for prayer we are instructed to bring His Kingdom (the presence, promises and power) hear to Earth. If there was any doubt about God's intentions for prayer they are erased with those words.

Jules congrats on the 2 lbs down.

Nancy sounds good to me. I make my kids Ramen with better than bouillon and then I drain the broth and drink it...I would just throw veggies into some thing too...that's how I roll. I'm interested to learn about free foods on WW. Great that you did such a good workout...I need to do some arms today, probably will get out my pilates bar.

my post disappeared??? So confused.

180.0 this morning, but I will not give up. 1544 today and I took a walk with my dog Fiona, she pulled some which made me go faster but I stopped her from choking herself too much...

steps went from 3957 to 5722 and time from 1826 to 1843. So I guess it was pretty brisk. I walked past creepy guys house. Glad I had her.

I'm only at 6843. Would have to do a lot of running in place but just might...think I can get 2000 while walking dogs and can probably do another 2000 in the house watching something. .

then a few resistance exercises and stretches...
  • will be praying for everyone!
  • Evening
    Hi All,

Writing so I won't eat more.

1031 cals for the day.
    31 over the goal. And did that extra 31 calories really make me feel better? Not really. But did abstain from a drink of alcohol, because I know it lets my guard down on eating. So it could have been worse

1.5 hrs Pickleball. Overdid it a bit with the knee. Tough to know how much to do.

Jen, so impressed with how you have run in place to get up the steps. That has taken commitment.

I am thinking of some soup I can do for my daughter tomorrow for her to take to work

Our house guest just seems to sleep the day away. Must be depressed.

I am so thrilled with this group of supportive people. What a help, you have been. Still very scared about keeping going.
    It just seems overwhelming and impossible, that is until I look at all of you who are also working at it
    Thanks!
  • Quote: will be praying for everyone!
    Can I like this post?
  • Quote:
    I am so thrilled with this group of supportive people. What a help, you have been. Still very scared about keeping going.
    It just seems overwhelming and impossible, that is until I look at all of you who are also working at it
    Thanks!
    I think being here keeps you (me) closer to being on track, even when things aren't going great. Does that make sense? LOL I don't know if I said that right. LOL

• Hi Everyone!

Jen Hang in there.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    We went to a Asian restaurant tonight. I didn't get food from the bar. I chose my raw food and had them cook it for me. I had shrimp, bean sprouts, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, & snow peas, I also had some fruit for dessert and they had little cups of ice cream and I had one of those.

Exercise:
    Leslie Sansone's Miracle Miles, 1 Mile, Upper Body, and Lower Body

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Hi all
    posting from my iPad from which I do not do personals.
    maybe will do personals today if I turn in my PC
    Weighed myself today. 3 lb loss which I expected considering how my clothes fit.
    Today's food
    Coffee 170
    bamba 480
    volpe cheese and prosciutto stick 120
    One taste of carrot cake on a fork 40?
    chocolate covered ceanut balls 230?
    cabbage and low fat feta 60
    total calories 1100
    i have a habit of eating more fattening goods if I see that I lost weight on the scale.
    I still would like to lose 2.4 lbs. but it's fine where I am now.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday