Ideal Protein - 2019 is anyone active on the program?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hopeful to find an active IP dieter or two to commiserate with. Usually my friend does IP with me but she is taking a different course of action. It looks like this diet lost popularity since I last tried it. Most of the forums look quiet. Is there anyone out there on the Ideal Protein diet currently? Are you experiencing success with the time and cost you are investing?

Fast facts:
    Female
    5’10
    Starting date: Jan 28, 2019
    Starting weight: 187
    Lost 9lbs in 2 weeks on a non-IP approach. I largely felt this loss was water and waste because I had just come off a major pig-out.
    Current Weight:178
    Goal Weight: 135

Hopeful to find an active IP dieter to commiserate with.
  • I am new to this but have read that on a weight loss diet with low carbs, 0.8gms of protein per kg of weight is ideal , so 178 divided by 2.2 ='s 80.9 kgs. times 0.8 = 64.7 grms of protein per day so that is 21.5 grms per meal.Hope that helps. If you are very active that may not be enough so bump it up to 1.0 per kg.
  • Quote: I am new to this but have read that on a weight loss diet with low carbs, 0.8gms of protein per kg of weight is ideal , so 178 divided by 2.2 ='s 80.9 kgs. times 0.8 = 64.7 grms of protein per day so that is 21.5 grms per meal.Hope that helps. If you are very active that may not be enough so bump it up to 1.0 per kg.
    This is wonderful! Thank you. I’ll let you know how it goes.
  • Day 3: What are the suggested macros on IP? I reviewed old forums but cannot find any breakdowns for someone of my height/weight/age. I have been following IP to a letter, barcode scanning the 3 daily IP packets, measuring my raw veg and weighing my dinner protein before cooking. My macros suggest I have 65%-68% protein each day (wow!); 18-20% carb and between 15-22% fat. I record all of this on MyFitnessPal and my daily calorie intake is 723 calories so far. I thought calories were supposed to be 900... not sure what I’m missing...

Breakdown:
    Breakfast = black coffee + IP apple oatmeal packet
    Lunch = two cups of raw broccoli + packet of IP broccoli & cheddar soup
    Snack = IP blueberry & pomegranate drink
    Dinner = 8 oz of haddock (weighed before cooking)
    2 Teaspoons of olive oil on spinach
    The 1/2 teaspoon of salt is partially mixed in with one of my waters and later I dust on my dinner salad.
    Finally - I consume all the regulated vitamins (yick).
  • I'm also back active on the program
  • Hi.

I've been on the program since Aug. 8, 2018 and have lost 65 pounds. It's still a challenge some days, but for the most part, it's just how I eat now. I'm planning to go on a cruise in May and will take a break, but I want to jump right back on, because I'm only about halfway through the weight loss I want.

I'm fortunate that a woman I work with did the diet first and has kept the 85 pounds she lost off, so I've got a great role model!

Thanks!
  • The first time I did the program in 2013 I lost 80 pounds and didn't stick with it. Tried again wasn't focus lasted about 2 weeks. Its now going on 3 weeks strong and I'm in it to win it this time and finish what I started.
  • Started in February. Hope to be done by summer!
  • I lost 50 lbs in 2012 following the IP diet. I quickly gained it back because I did not properly phase off. I have tried the diet many times since, most not being very successful. I am starting tomorrow again. This time I am going to a proper coach and following the program to a T. This site was a huge contributor to my success the last time, but it was very active back then. I’m open to diet buddies or just posting daily foods.
  • I agree Rhonduz this site in this section use to be very active my first time around in 2013 but it seems like no one is really on anymore. I also gained back the 80 lbs I lost because I didn't phase off properly. This time around I plan to follow the plan as it was made to be followed.
  • Hi!

I’m here as well. I mostly check in to see new posts or to look for recipes. It is my 3rd time on IP and down 38.8 currently. I HAVE to figure out how to keep it off this time. I phased off properly but just started eating too loosely and wine was not my friend .

Nice to to see some activity here. I wish it would be more active like in the past. This site really helped me get through the program.
  • My problem was not phasing off properly and thinking I can do it on my own without help and reverting back to food. I usually pop on a few times a day. This site has also helped me with new ideas and gave me hints.
  • Started in January as well
    Hello! I started on January 3rd.

Starting weight: 116 kilos
    Current weight 105 kilos
    Height: 166 cm (5'5"?)

It's been difficult for me to follow through as I have a binge issue

Quote: Hopeful to find an active IP dieter or two to commiserate with. Usually my friend does IP with me but she is taking a different course of action. It looks like this diet lost popularity since I last tried it. Most of the forums look quiet. Is there anyone out there on the Ideal Protein diet currently? Are you experiencing success with the time and cost you are investing?

Fast facts:
    Female
    5’10
    Lost 9lbs in 2 weeks on a non-IP approach. I largely felt this loss was water and waste because I had just come off a major pig-out.

• Week 2 of IP
    Quote: Hopeful to find an active IP dieter or two to commiserate with. Usually my friend does IP with me but she is taking a different course of action. It looks like this diet lost popularity since I last tried it. Most of the forums look quiet. Is there anyone out there on the Ideal Protein diet currently? Are you experiencing success with the time and cost you are investing?

Fast facts:
    Female
    5’10

Hi! I am in my second week on IP. I have never done this program before, but I’ve done Optavia (Medifast) and countless other diets. My cardiologist recommended this program to me. So far I’m hating it and it’s depressing me, so I’m happy to have found this board to turn my attitude around! I have to stick with this because I have at least 35 pounds to lose. It’s been difficult for me to get in all of the veggies and the salt. My coach isn’t very helpful either which I think makes it more frustrating. Anyway, happy to have found others on IP!
  • Hi Belljour,

This is a journey that has ups and downs for everyone. Some days are easier than other but I found that its all about what you make of it. I push myself to stay on plan this time around (third time is a charm from what I'm told). What I keep telling myself is that you got keep pushing and I'm doing this for me and my health. For me I've been back on plan since the beginning of February, I no longer look at it as another diet. I keep telling myself this is a lifestyle change and food should not be seen as a prize or gift. I used to treat myself with food all the time but now I have other things to keep me occupied. After you have been on the program it does get easier but only if you stick to it and not cheat. I've learned that cheating makes things worst and hard to stay on course. Good luck in your journey.