Just another new member -- UK

• Hi, I'm Jas and I'm from the UK.

I've realised that I've put on quite a bit of weight without noticing. I went for a modelling shoot and realised just how much weight I've put on which has really upset me. I don't feel the pictures look as good as they could and I'm feeling quite self conscious now I put my BMI in and I am now in the overweight range - just, but still.

I'm a sucker for snacks so that's stopping now. I'm trying to get up the willpower to bin everything in my sweetie cupboard - some encouragement is sorely needed though.

I've downloaded myfitnesspal and it's given me 1,460 calories to work with. I'm considering skipping breakfast and having a small lunch - would pot noodles be filling enough? Just something quick and easy while I'm at work where I know how many calories I'll be taking in. Then my husband makes dinner in the evening - he's a chef, so I'm trying to leave as many calories until then as I can as he makes some yummy stuff! Have to try and force myself to only have one bowl too..

Also not gonna lie, I hate exercise unless it's fun - there is just no point in me buying a gym membership, I get bored silly on the treadmill and tried legs,bums and tums before.. meh. So any suggestions for more "fun" exercises to do at home will help.. if there are any lol.

So today is day 1 of losing weight. I want to get down to 125lbs. Anyone else in a similar boat? and any advice?
  • I would not recommend pot noodles, unless you can find pot noodles that are 100% whole grain.

If you want to eat something filling, foods which are high in fiber and/or protein tend to be the most filling. Some examples of filling foods are vegetables, fruits, beans, eggs, fish, chicken, quinoa.

Which exercises are fun is a matter of opinion. If you don't like treadmills, have you tried walking or jogging outside? Are there any hiking trails near your home?

Have you tried squats? You don't need equipment, so you can do squats at home.
  • Quote: Hi, I'm Jas and I'm from the UK.

I've realised that I've put on quite a bit of weight without noticing. I went for a modelling shoot and realised just how much weight I've put on which has really upset me. I don't feel the pictures look as good as they could and I'm feeling quite self conscious now I put my BMI in and I am now in the overweight range - just, but still.

I'm a sucker for snacks so that's stopping now. I'm trying to get up the willpower to bin everything in my sweetie cupboard - some encouragement is sorely needed though.

I've downloaded myfitnesspal and it's given me 1,460 calories to work with. I'm considering skipping breakfast and having a small lunch - would pot noodles be filling enough? Just something quick and easy while I'm at work where I know how many calories I'll be taking in. Then my husband makes dinner in the evening - he's a chef, so I'm trying to leave as many calories until then as I can as he makes some yummy stuff! Have to try and force myself to only have one bowl too..

Also not gonna lie, I hate exercise unless it's fun - there is just no point in me buying a gym membership, I get bored silly on the treadmill and tried legs,bums and tums before.. meh. So any suggestions for more "fun" exercises to do at home will help.. if there are any lol.

So today is day 1 of losing weight. I want to get down to 125lbs. Anyone else in a similar boat? and any advice?
    Hi there! I'm new too and in the UK! My goal weight is just slightly less than 125lbs! I'm currently 156lbs, so there's some way to go!

I used to be about my current weight, lost it all and was about 125lbs, then tore my ligament very badly. It healed so poorly that I couldn't exercise for a long time, and that's when everything began going south for me. With no exercise, I got depressed and began comfort eating...

I would recommend oats as a great diet food. They're complex, filling, full of fibre. It's now winter, so it's comforting to have them hot. Savoury oats are an option -- in fact I don't usually eat them sweet. I have a thing for chocolate (and beer) so I struggle with that. I eat dark chocolate instead (above 70% cocoa) which is more bitter and gives a kick without making you mindlessly chomp down the whole bunch. For alcohol, I limit myself to 2 pints or 3 pints a week, at most (social reasons, I now don't touch it otherwise, really bad for diet).

At all costs avoid carbonated drinks! Empty calories -- a ridiculous number of them too!

I don't know if you like Asian food, but kimchi stew is a good way to drop calories without sacrificing flavour. It's full of tasty cabbage, which is good for you (us!). In summer, salads are of course the obvious option.

I love exercise, but currently am a bit too heavy for myself to do the activities that I used to like. Start off slowly. My friend joined a trampoline fitness class that she loved. You can do high intensity interval training, which is something that gets rid of the tedium of the treadmill (basically, space out really intense exercise with moderate bits). Lifting weights is enjoyable if you don't have medical issues that interfere with it, but my advice is not to join the classes that don't lift heavy. Many classes are tailored to market to women who are scared of getting 'big', but honestly without male levels of testosterone it's difficult to get buff, and a bit of muscle never hurt anyone. Outside of 'fitness', last summer my boyfriend and I took long walks and hikes, and I lost around 8 pounds from that alone. It's really enjoyable and the scenery is wonderful. Climbing is also a fun activity to take up, or dance classes if you're the sort who likes them (I'm not, unless it be pole dancing or belly dancing).

Good luck! I need encouragement too. When I first lost weight I had no expectations, but now I see my old clothes and I'm really sad. I still have so many size 6/8 clothes that I can't fit into, and some are expensive