January 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 6 of 40
Go to
  • Ok, this cold/sinus junk has to go. I laid around a lot today and watched news. Still managed 5189 steps because I'm a mom/nurse/housewife
  • It was a cold snowy day here so I didn't reach my 10,000 steps but I stayed within both my calorie and carb limit. I do find I hit my carb limit before my calories are met so I guess I have to tweak some of my food choices even more.

Jendiet; I may have to try the chewing gum to help get me through the munchies of IF. I drink water and i guess I could try some herbal tea. Sorry you have a cold, I too am coming down with a head cold...at least I made it through the holidays...but sick on the second day back at work isn't ideal either.
  • HI Everyone!

Another busy day. Working on month end stuff and new year stuff.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch, I also had some grapes 700 calories

Exercise:

Leslie Sansone 5 Miracle Miles w/band I am also at 14,254 steps so far
  • I did get a lot done at work today. will be shutting down to go to bed in a few minutes.
  • Hi everyone!

Calories were lower than I would like but had an unplanned lunch break at the office, so I didn’t have my afternoon snack with me.

Calories: 1182
    Carbs: 95
    3.60 miles walking
    40 kb swings

Everyone have a good night!
  • dream, you did get a lot of walking in today!
  • Good Morning 137.0 again. A 4 day run with the scale not budging. Bizarre but it moves around for DH so...who knows?

Calories yesterday = 1521 in / 1605 out. The additions being a little dark chocolate (.5 oz) and a little popcorn (2 cups air dried) and 10,355 steps but the logger was off all morning. BP 109/73. The trend has been a little up since I quit a few weeks ago but I am going to keep with it. It is always better the morning after walking that day. This was in the middle of my 2nd cup of coffee.

Today is planned at 1375 Calories / Ok not eating more unless I get in enough steps to justify since I am making very good peace with the calorie calculations between cronometer and my garmin watch activity calories. I think where these things fail is when you are fat, fat needs fewer calories to maintain than muscle and the burn calculation formulas only take into account an average person. At least that is what I am thinking. It seems a lap around my neighborhood burns about 100 activity calories. My plan is actually NOT calorie counting but the logging has set me up for meal planning using the basic guidelines and then tweaking.
    • Breakfast = potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, tofurkey sauteed with chili pepper and ketchup
    • Lunch = Greek Yogurt, kefir, chia, and pears
    • Dinner = Cauliflower crust pizza with ground beef, cheddar cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms.
    Gratitude: I should not have to think so hard for the things I am grateful for. So I am grateful for realizing that. Ok
    • Managing to hold my weight steady
    • Not having any major health issues so far in my life
    • A teammate who drove to meet with me so he could set up a 24 hour aged HR problem for tomorrow (Beau the cadaver dog)
    Exercise the same with resistance training, walking (in the rain I guess), and stretches along with tai chi warmup. Still itchy skin - went out and bought some Cera-V moisture anti itch lotion and some Eucerin moisture body wash. Zowie not cheap stuff but I need to give this itchiness a couple of weeks before I hit the doctor

Oral Benedryl seems to help a little and last night I slept good but have a bit of a benedryl haze this am..this is not good long term medicine for anything so I use it sparingly ... glad it is not all over but in localized areas.. Well, the fast tepid shower was not as enjoyable as standing in a hot shower but that is not good for the skin....I already use "free" laundry soap and all fabric bleach but perhaps it is an allergic reaction to one of the soaps or the cocoa butter lotion I was using. Who knows?

Something in the back of my mind is saying "shingles" based on a bit of a scabby appearance on a spot on my waist....
    I had the old shingles shot that is not that effective and have been on a wait list for the new one for awhile but I also have a bit of itchy eyes and runny nose. Well it is cold and flu season so not trying to put to much energy into that and just staying hydrated, extra vitamin C, and adequate zinc. So I am telling my body if it IS this then get over it.

Nancy - WOW - I spent over an hour on that site. This looks fun and I have to try it. I already have a "spare" immersion blender I could dedicate to it. I have made some of my own lotions because when I read the ingredients on most of the things you buy....So I am tagging my calendar for April after my recert with Beau to try some soap making [until then, my schedule is crazy with two seminars and a bunch of training]. You must be a very artsy creative and funky (in a good way) person with your painted rocks and soap making and what else? I am looking at this going...wow I could give away homemade soap as gifts to folks.

Kdmay - Sometimes I have to tell myself "hunger is NOT an emergency" and a herbal tea indugence is particularly helpful in that regard- I have also noticed sleep quality actually seems better on an empty empty stomach. Sorry you have a cold .

Jendiet - Hope you get to feeling better. Have you tried elderberry syrup? I need to make a new batch and have some in the freezer, but elderberries are so prolific and easy to grow in the upstate. I have some that is a few years old in the fridge and it is going to pain me. It *seems* ok but it is going down the drain today .

Fashinjunkie - getting in steps in bad weather sucks. Nothing matches moving about outside for me. Rain without lightning I can manage but snow would be another challenge! Ick. It may be pretty but. Ick.
  • good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
  • good morning
    It's a new day! I did well yesterday and met my daily goals. Today I will plan on 1200 calories, treadmill, a bit of weight lifting, some veggies, 2 liters of water. I admire those of you who are "maintaining." That's the hardest part!!
  • Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Exhausted this morning. The alarm went off at the shop last night. Got the call at 11:50, probably just as we were getting into sleep. DH went to check on things. A cardboard box had fallen. GRR!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
    This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
    Weigh In: 187.4
    Down: .6 I still have 3 pounds to get off from my low in December

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 4

1 Corinthians 6:20
    For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Sometimes it is difficult to stick with a diet once it has begun. If we are dieting for ourselves, we often lose heart, but if we feel we're dieting for someone else, it can be the motivation we need to stick with it. Every day we make promises to God, and those promises we do everything in our power to keep. God calls us to be the best we can be, physically as well as spiritually. We should commit our diets to God. If we see dieting as a sacrifice we make to God, then we can find a deeper power to remain committed to our efforts to lose weight. Let everything we do honor and glorify God, for that is what truly pleases Him.

Today's thought: We are not alone in our attempt to lose weight!
  • good morning again! just had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes.
  • Good morning to all
    This is just a quick fly by this am...sorry running late
    WI same 166.4 and like you Diana I still have 3lb to lose to get to my December low
    Granny I do make my own lotions, shave cream and blend my own mineral make up then convert that to liquid foundation with vegtable glycerin and aloe vera (food grade) Just because I want to know what I am putting on my skin, it is also very concentrated and a little will go a long long way.
    Jen feel better hun
    Back this afternoon to catch up on everyone else......the aqua massage is calling my name LOL
  • Good morning!

I’m beginning to feel better after being back on track for a few days. Day 3 and hubby is still with me! This is a very big answer to prayers (props to God because he had to do some serious heart work on my husband for this to be a thing). Hubby is excited to talk about numbers and recipes (am I dreaming?) and since I am the cook it’s easier for me to just do the majority of the logging for his food. We have the same app and since I’ve been doing this for 3 years it’s habit for me. He just has to log any extras. He is 2 inches shorter than me and to maintain his weight his caloric intake is higher than mine simply because he’s a man. I have to work out a lot to get to those numbers! Haha. He even got on the treadmill for a walk the past 2 evenings. I have been concerned for his health and this change has brought me peace. Plus it makes my daily choices a lot easier knowing I have someone holding me to a standard, and with my tendencies I need that.

I have settled back into my workouts and the 5:15 mornings are getting easier now that the holidays are over.
    Grannynancy and nancylmrn I have dry skin too - thank you for the tips l, I didn’t realize hot hot showers weren’t good for skin. I live in central Alaska and it’s currently -20 and the tips of my thumbs are cracking and the dryness is miserable. I have my hands in water so much from cleaning/dishes/kids (mostly kids) that I just never seem to make a difference. I’ve worn gloves to bed with lotion before but I find myself awake in the middle of the night ripping them off when I do that.

all around! It’s exciting seeing so many motivated people! You can do this
  • Wishing everyone a Happy Friday and good day! So far so good here, had my salad with egg for lunch and will have either chicken with peppers and oinion or lean cuisine tonight depending on how I am feeling. I have come down with a cold but I am sticking witih it so I feel good about that. One day at a time!

Nancy, enjoy that aqua massage : )
  • good afternoon! went for two power walks this morning. ran errands both times. have a load of laundry in the wash right now. will power walk and run errands on my way to dinner. will power walk home from dinner.