January Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
  • Lacerta: yay for hanging onto losses
    Snowmama: hello Snowboarding accidents are no fun. My son broke a wrist snowboarding. Totally get you on keeping weight loss conservative on account of weight training. You've done super well.

SW: 177
    GW: 172

Week One
    01: 177
    02: 178
    03: 178.4
    04: 177.5
    05: 177
    06: 177.8
    07: 177.6
    ---------------------------
    Total Loss for Week One: gained .6 pounds

Week Two
    08: 177.4
    09:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    ----------------------------
    Total Loss for Week Two:

Well, weight loss might be stalling but I'm feeling pretty darn good today after a yoga session last night. Slept like a baby. Amazing how one session can relax the body so much. I get to work and my boss tells me he did his yoga this morning. He uses same youtube videos, Yoga with Adriene!
    So funny. Or ... I'm late to the party
  • Lacerta: When I popped back on the thread I was so happy to see your progress and continued dedication. 60lbs is a big deal.
    Follena: Yoga with Adriene is the best! I found her channel when I was looking for yoga to help ease back pain. She just has a super down to earth vibe and is easy to follow. I wanted (needed) to do some yoga last night because I am a ball of tension, but cleaned the kitchen instead. Now I'm regretting it and feeling envious of your resulting sleep and good feelings this morning. Maybe I'll find an empty office at lunch.
  • Jan.1: 194
    Jan.8: 188.2

YAY!! Looks like the diet jump started my weight loss "re-commitment" quiet nicely.
    My January goal is to reach 185 so i should be able to make it. Fingers crossed!
  • Hey guys, I'm back...again! It's been about 2.5 weeks since my last check-in of 171.4. My mom and stepdad were in town for a couple weeks, my new job started, and things just got out of hand. They just left yesterday, so I'm hoping to get back on-plan right away. As always, when I go "off-plan", I do it in spectacularly extreme fashion...this time, there were stress binges involved as well and I jumped back up 11 lbs, so I'm pretty much back to where I started after my initial regain. Yes, I know a good chunk has to be some bloating because even my fingers are swollen from all the extra salt and junk food over the past couple of weeks, so that's why I'm going to set a lofty goal of 15.4 lbs for the month. Here's hoping that a good 5 lbs or more is easily flushed swelling and not real weight...lol. As long as I can keep a decent balance getting my entire routine switched around working a graveyard shift and having classes start back up again next week, I'm hoping to lose at least 5-10lbs, if nothing else. Best of luck to everyone...and, here's to 2019 being a healthy year for us all!

---------------------------------

January 8th Weigh-In: 182.4
    Month Goal Weight: 167.0
    January 31st Weigh-In:
    Total Month Weight Loss:

Week Two
    08: 182.4
    09: 179.4
    10: 177.2
    11: NWI.
    12: 175.8
    13: 175.0
    14: 173.0
    Total Loss for Week Two: 9.4 lbs.

Week Three
    15: 173.6
    16: 172.4
    17: 171.4
    18: 172.0
    19: 173.0
    20: 173.2
    21: 173.0
    End of Week Two: 173.0
    Total Loss for Week Three: 0 lbs.

Week Four
    22: NWI.
    23: 172.4
    24: 172.0
    25: 171.0
    26: 170.6
    27: NWI - tom.
    28: 171.4 - tom.
    End of Week Three: 173.0
    Total Loss for Week Four: 1.6 lbs.

Final Days
    29: 173.0 - tom.
    30:
    31:
    End of Week Four: 171.4
    Total Loss for Final Days:

• SW: 263
    GW: 257

1: 263
    2: 262.5
    3: No WI
    4: 263.5
    5: 264.5
    6: No WI
    7: 264

Total loss for Week One: +1 pound
    .................................................. ........................................

8: 265
    9: 263.5

I was at university yesterday so I was walking a fair bit. I ate after 11pm last night after getting back from the library so I'm going to assume that that hasn't worked its way through my system yet.

• Welcome, opheliaphoenix!

Ariannag: -7.6 lbs
    boatingmommy: -7 lbs
    EES: -6 lbs
    ferretgirl: -4 lbs
    Follena: -5 lbs
    gardenerjoy: -1 kg
    Kdmay5: -9 lbs
    kelijpa: -2.5 lbs
    Lacerta: -5.4 lbs and/or -5 inches overall
    Newlyn: -6 lbs
    opheliaphoenix: -15.4 lbs
    SnowMama: -3 lbs
  • Snowmama: That's so nice of you to say. I'm feeling good with it.

Ophelia: Welcome back again. Stick around a bit this time. We're nice people, really. We hardly ever bite, I promise.

Week Two
    08: 203.0
    09: 203.0
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    Total Loss for Week Two:

Still just hanging out here, which is great. Honestly, I expected to be up this morning, as I felt really bloated this morning, so was glad to see I was the same. Another long day at work today and tomorrow and then back to normal.
  • kdmay: YAY for initial weight loss surges!!!
    Lacerta: good luck at your long days at work today/tomorrow
    Ophelia: welcome back. Every one of us have gained 10 pounds (and more) during a stressful time. You know how to get right back into it.
    Snowmama: that's awesome you're well acquainted with Yoga with Adriene! She is covered by all the magazines also. Hope you find some time to squeeze in a session

SW: 177

Week Two
    09: 176.8
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    Total Loss for Week Two:

Glad for a little movement on the scale today. Did Day 2 of 30 days of yoga session last night. A couple times, I couldn't keep up and had to rest and afterward, I felt the nausea for five minutes. But later I was good.
  • Did some yoga last night, PT, and a tiny bit of arm strength training. But getting back to tracking calories religiously I realized I'm eating more than I thought. It's close, but over. Which has been fine for maintaining, but I'll have to adjust for loss.

SW: 147.8
    GW: 144.8

7: 147.8
    8: 148.3 (ate dinner late and it had more sodium than I usually eat)
    9: 147.8

Ophelia: Hiiii! You have so much going on right now, how do you even have time to post?! Look forward to seeing your updates when you can. Hope the new job and school are going well.

Follena: I did day one of 30 last night and I can't do everything because of my knee yet, so I got a little bored. I think I like her shorter sessions better. Some of the moves are pretty challenging in the 30 day!

Newlyn: I hate when I eat later than usual and know it's going to throw off the next morning WI. :/ Messes with my head a little bit even though I know it's not a big deal. You probably already mentioned it, but what are you studying at Uni?
  • ]Start Weight:193
    Goal Weight: 186

Okay, so I thought I was going to jump in with both feet and keep everything going in the direction I know will help me lose weight. Ummm. No. I'm struggling. Part of my struggle is I am been having serious female issues for the past few weeks and my energy level is at human slug. I got some vitamins and taking extra Vitamin C and D. I did work out last night, and it felt great. I'm hoping to pep up and continue on.
    Glad you all are still here working hard!

Week One
    01: DNW
    02: 193 - Turbo Jam
    04: 190.4 - Turbo Jam with some Biggest Loser
    10: 192.6
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
    31:
  • boatingmommy: When it comes time to do your workout and you don't want to, just remember how it felt to do it.

Snowmama: That calorie creep is a real thing. Good job getting back to tracking so you can adjust as needed.

Follena and Newlyn: Congrats on the scale moving the right direction. Don't sweat it. I've had lots of months were I was still at my starting point on the 10th, or even higher, and still went on to lose 6 or 7 pounds for the month. Just keep at it.

Ophelia: Look at you and your 3 pound drop the first day you're back. You'll have all that rebound gone in no time.

Week Two
    08: 203.0
    09: 203.0
    10: 202.8
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    Total Loss for Week Two:

Last super busy day of the month. Normally, at this point, I'm hoping for an upcoming whoosh, but I've lost 2.4 pounds so far this month, so I think a post-10th whoosh is unlikely for me this month. At least, I'd be really surprised. I will still have to work more hours this month than I prefer to, as we have to get 1099s out by the end of the month, but I should get back to getting more sleep, less stress and weighing in at my normal time again instead of 1-2 hours early. So I may have a small drop over the next few days. We'll see.

.................................................. ........................................

10: 264

Up and down, up and down...

SnowMama, I can totally relate to eating more than you thought. In my case, overall calories have been OK since Christmas but I'm eating a lot of post-Christmas chocolate and cake, which are making up too much of my calories. I'm pretty sure that's what's happening, as well as the vacation from university so my steps/active minutes are lower. I'm studying a Master's in Public Health and seem to have essays on the go all the time, as well as starting on my dissertation.

Great losses for the beginning of the month, Lacerta! Hope it keeps going for the rest of the month.
  • SW: 177

Week Two
    10: 177
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    Total Loss for Week Two:

Snowmama: I agree some of the poses in 30 Days of Yoga is too hard for me also. But I just do something else if I can't.
    Boatingmommy: glad your workout felt great!
    Lacerta: thanks for your support. Hope you get a better sleep tonight.

I feel like a work horse this week. Work in the day, yoga every night, eat on plan, rinse, repeat. At least a small NSV last night when I was watching the news, I saw my face in my snapchat reflection and it is looking slimmer. I'll take whatever I can get.

10: 264
    11: 263.5
  • SW: 177

Week Two
    10: 177
    11: 177.5
    12:
    13:
    14:
    Total Loss for Week Two:

Hoping this stall has to do with the walking and yoga and putting on muscle. Feel pretty sure my eating plan has been ace. Patience. Patience.