Daily Challenge To Stay On Program

You're on Page 3 of 15
Go to
  • Good morning Boater,

Glad you're starting to feel better. I know how hard it can be to stay on program when you don't feel well and you don't have an appetite. Hang in there and you will be 100% soon. Thanks for all the kind words and the encouragement. Much appreciated!

The chocolates are all packaged up to send to my dad. Being the chocoholic that I am, I can't believe I gave it up so easily.

Today should be an easy OP day for me. The scale was down a bit this morning so I am motivated to keep at it. I brought in a change of clothes to go walk at Stone Mountain after work. This always give me a great workout with all the hills,

I hope you have a great day.

B:. oatmeal, coffee with creamer, 1/2 cup skim milk
    L: Healthy Choice dinner, WW bar
    D: salad, chicken breast, balsamic vinaigrette dressing, coffee w/creamer
    S: apple, handful of cashews
    Exercise: walked 45 mins
  • Hey you I found my pass! Thanks so much GettinFit, I feel so much better today! As soon as I catch up on my rest and get fully well I will start my tapes! I think about it and look forward to it really. This time of year is boring here and the workout gives me a lift. Being outdoors is the best though! You get that fresh air and the high of nature! Awesome that you brought a change of clothes and are going to stone mountain after work! Enjoy it.

I am so glad you packaged them up! You have been doing so great and your on a roll! If when I break a good roll it can be a setback and I feel like doo doo after (it's safe to say doo doo here hahah ). I think what you did is great and the sooner you ship them out the better! Your in a very good cycle, keep on truckin!

I plan to have chicken tonight and Thursday I plan to go to the market and get all my ingredients, I actually miss the market! lol

Have a great day too and enjoy that hike!
  • Weekend Boater - Glad you found your old login pass! And, that you're continuing to get better,

My walk was awesome today. It was 66 degrees which is perfect walking weather for me. It has been unusually warm (and rainy) here this winter. Yep, I have to stay on this roll until I lose all excess weight. I have been reading and applying the Beck Diet Solution book and workbook and it has helped me to get a grip on my binging and my cravings. I'm sure cutting back on sugar is also helping with the cravings.

This is going to be our year for success!

• GettinFit So nice to come in and read your news. I am so glad you enjoyed your walk and yes that temperature sounds ideal! It can be uncomfortable walking when it gets too hot. I have heard about the beck diet but cannot say I am familiar with it and will do a search, ty! It sounds like it's working for you so that is super. I am also watching my sugar, I can't say I am on south beach being as I am not doing it to a T or have a few small alterations but I am pretty much following the same principles-lean protein, low fat,healthy carbs (nothing too starchy), low sugar, etc. I honestly feel so much better physically when I eat clean. There is no doubt about it that I have become sensitive to certain carbs and starches and what a difference I feel when avoiding those! I don't miss the bloating from fluid retention and other symptoms!

I did get more sleep last night, although had a few really bad coughing fits but at least I managed to sleep more. In all honesty, I woke up real down today but feel a bit better now. I always say, tis' a new day! I know how much it can vary (and of course outlook plays a lot) and so just hanging in there like you said! Thanks for that btw! You have no idea how much that short phrase meant to me and I am heeding that advice. I hope that you have a wonderful night and please keep telling me of your walks which I enjoy to hear so much! keep up the great work and wishing us a wonderful star to our new day tomorrow!
  • Hi Weekend Boater,

Sorry I’m so late checking in today but I was super busy at work and did not get a chance to login. I am glad that you are continuing to shake your cold but I’m sorry you’re feeling a little down today. Hopefully as you continue to recoup and you are able to get back to you are exercising you will feel better. I’m sure you can’t wait until summer to get back to your weekend camping getaways.

Today was another good day for me. I ate healthy. I have a meeting to go to in a few so I did a 30 minute walk at work today. I saw another 1 pound drop on the scale again this morning.

Have a great evening.
  • Hi , yay! keep up that great work! Thanks for the words, I feel a little better and I Know tomorrow is a new day. GettinFit your doing great, keep it rolling! I hpe you finish out the night strong as you have been doing and wish you an awesome new day tomorrow! Keep killing it! I will check in tomorrow!

As for me, despite my mood, I am hanging in there and doing well plan wise, heck no turning back now! I look forward to a new day tomorrow!
  • Good morning Weekend Boater!

You're right, there is no turning back now. I have done too good to throw it all away. Great job on working your plan too even being under the weather. Like I said before, this is going to be our year for success The chocolates are shipped and on the way to FL. I still can't believe I got rid of them.

Last night ended very good and so far so good today. I just realized I didn't post my menu for yesterday but I did track it in eTools.

Yesterday:
    B: Yogurt, Orange, coffee w/creamer
    L: salad w/chicken breast, Ken's light balsamic vinaigrette dressing, WW bar
    D: Smart one, yellow squash, coffee
    S: Apple
    Exercise: Walked 30 mins

Today
    B: Oatmeal, coffee w/creamer
    L: Healthy Choice, WW bar
    D: Shrimp, asparagus, small baked sweet potato
    S: apple, orange
    Exercise: Walk/DVD

Have a great day!
  • Hi GettinFit I hope your having a great day and tomorrow is Friday! You shipped the chocolates! you deserve big kudos for that and it is totally a win win situation! WTG! As busy as your day was, you still managed to do your walk which is great too! Congrats on another good night (and lb. lost) and I am wishing your having a good day today.

Your menus look excellent and when I saw your oranges the other day it inspired me to get some (I don't eat enough fruit particularly this time of year). Oranges are a great choice and I think the vitamin C will be good for me so when I go to the market I will pick some up. I was planning to go today but decided to give it one more day, I definitely have to go tomorrow before the weekend and should be even better. Thank god I have those lean cuisines on hand! Tonight it will be one of those or stuff. chicken with brocc and cheese (though those are high in fat and not something I like to have too often but in a pinch they are great).

Your so right that I will feel better when I kick this thing and start exercising again. Thanks again, smile! That's all my news for now, I will check back soon.
  • Good morning, waving. I hope that you had a nice night and all went well. last night went as planned and I had a bk. potato with my chicken (2 tsp. sour cream). I had a virtually cough free night and that was a nice relief. I am writing my list and heading off to the store soon. I will check back later on. TGIF! : ) I hope that you have a great day.
  • Hi Weekend Boater,

Glad you had a cough free night and I hope tonight is another one. Sounds like you are on your way to kicking that bug. Glad things are going well with your eating too. Enjoy those oranges. Yesterday I bought some blood oranges at the local farmers market and some tangelos. They were really good.

Last night and today went well. I ended up having a Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner. I don’t like having them back to back but I was too tired to make dinner after I got home.

B: cappuccino, orange
    L: Lean Cuisine, WW bar
    D: Lean Cuisine, glass of red wine
    S: baby carrots, cucumber slices & cherry tomatoes, yogurt dip
    Exercise: WATP Walk Strong
  • Hi again, checking in. I went to the market and I am so happy. It was quiet this morning too which was nice. I got all my ingredients for my lunch, snacks, planned dinQuick Reply ners etc. and it feels good to be stocked up.

Lunch- Thin'trim turkey roll up (l.f mayo, turkey, large lettuce leaf, 1 slice w.w cheese)
    snack- thin n' trim turkey
    Dinner- roast chicken (breast meat no skin), butternut squash, salad (greens, tom, cuke, kalam. olives, piece of feta)

This is actually my earlier post that I wrote and lost but found the auto restore! The menu is what I had today, I added in the snack option I ended up having between lunch and dinner.

Thanks getting fit, I think I am finally kicking it yes. I feel super tired tonight though and it's early so I will probably get to bed soon as my bod needs it. Glad I accomplished the groceries today and a few odds and ends I had to catch up with at the house.

Wtg on yet another good day. I think your menu looks light, nothing wrong with the lean cuisines..it's great that you have them on hand for those nights or whenever. When I didn't have my meals planned before and too tired to cook for whatever reason, I would get take out! lol The lean cuisine is much better than most of the junk I used to get and in fact I got a couple more to have them so I don't run out.

Okay, I am going to post this now in fear of losing it again. I hope you have a great night and sleep well and wake up to a good Saturday. Not sure what I am doing tomorrow (as I may go out for dinner) but I will check back tomorrow. My lunch will be another rollup or some thin n'trim chicken in a salad. Touchet to another day!
  • Good morning Weekend Boater and Happy Saturday!

I hope you're more energized today after a good nights rest. I hope things continue to come together for you. I know you can't wait until you're completely well.
    I missed your cheers for me giving away the chocs. I know my dear dad will enjoy them and I know I would have eventually given into the temptation.

I'm feeling excited to keep my workouts going because it's been 12 days and I am seeing wonderful results. I can already see in the mirror that my mid area is slimming and I skipped 1 day of B/P med just to see where it would be and was low. My dr told me if I would walk daily and lose weight it would decrease and now I believe him!! I can't wait for the day when he says I no longer need it.

Today will be a good one. I'll be preparing some meals for the next week and I have a few errands to run. I think I will go ahead and get a workout in before heading out this morning.

Today's Plan
    B: turkey breast, coffee, 1 C skim milk
    L: Shrimp/peppers & onions, yellow squash, WW bar
    D: Salad w/ff yogurt/ranch dressing
    Exercise: DVD
  • Hi gettinfit Regardign the workouts and the bp, that is wonderful!! Very good incentive. I am ok but still coughing a lot, my DH has it now too so we hung in. He seems a bit better today though. Yesterday did not go that good for me as I dipped into DH meal my parenst surprised him with and had the green beans and roast potatoes (beans are ok with me), then later I dipped into the rye bread I had bought for him the other day (sm. pack and made a gr. cheese with w.w cheese. I didn't over eat by any means but had some things not on plan so today is a new day! For lunch, thin n'trim chicken and for dinner I am making beef (extra lean) with some cabbage.

I am worried bout my pc GettinFit. Earlier I was online and it made a noise and then blew out. I managed to get back in now but it's humming and I think my hard drive might be going! Not a good time as the house tax bills just came. Hopefully it pulls out of it and keeps going for me! lol

Keep up the awesome work and yes that looks like a very nice menu! : ) Have a great day and I will catch you soon.
  • Hi Boater and happy Sunday!

The weekend went by way too fast!! I hope your DH gets over the bug soon too. You're right to put yesterday behind you and move on. It doesn't sound like you did so bad anyways. Last night I splurged and had 2 packs of 100 calorie Skinny Pop popcorn but I just counted the Points which I had enough for, and moved on. Today I've tried to stay clear of carbs to make up for the popcorn. Once I reach onederland, I will start adding more carbs.

I sure hope your computer holds on for a while longer. Being w/o it is no fun

Today has been busy and it's gone by so fast. It's been cold an rainy here so I did a Firm DVD this morning. It was one I hadn't done in a long time and I really enjoyed all 40 minutes of it.

B: 3 strips of center cut bacon,coffee w/creamer
    L/D: Homemade RF Chili w/ RF shredded cheese
    S: small pack nuts, Coffee w/creamer
    Exercise: Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout

• Hi GettinFit, I just came in and saw your post. Tyyy! The weekend did go by fast. The popcorn sounds light but that's what I did yesterday, I stayed fully clear of any carbs and all went well. My tummy felt lighter and better today, the beef dinner was a nice switch and I had a moderate portion and didn't overdo it as that can be heavy for me if I have too much. I have some leftovers and may have that again tonight unlessssss I make it over to the market than it will be roast chicken and broccoli. I have DH home today, I hate seeing him not feel well but he is in bed resting right now. I may hold off to do my errands tomorrow but I will see hwo it goes.
    On a positive note, I slept like a rock this morning and boy was that good!

I am glad you enjoyed your dvd, those tapes come in so handy when the weather is bad. I look forward to talking more of our tapes along the journey. Your menu sounds nice and I am wishing you a great day! Oh, tomorrow is my 2 week mark! Onto a new day today and wishing us a good one! Oh yes, and my pc seems fine now! Thank goodness! lol