Lost 17 pounds no difference feel like giving up

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Went from 16 stone 1pound to 14.12 still see no difference my husband still has not noticed.🙄well if he did he have not said. Sorry about spelling ect.
  • I know that feeling...

I lost about 45 lbs before my weight loss became noticeable. This is because I weighed at morbidly obese at 233 lbs (5' 5") and I had to lose a lot for others to notice the change. But even at that, I still feel my face kinda looks the same and am quite disappointed at myself!

Your weight loss of 17 lbs is excellent! Just keep going and compliments will pour in!
  • Jojo, I am sure that is very discouraging, but please, for your own sake, keep up the good work!!
  • i have lost 40 lbs this year thanks to a system i implemented
  • it isnt very hard and i believe everyone should try
  • it isnt very hard and i believe everyone should try
    just keep up
  • just continue
  • Hey Jojo!
    Quote: Went from 16 stone 1pound to 14.12 still see no difference my husband still has not noticed.🙄well if he did he have not said. Sorry about spelling ect.
    Hey Jojo, hope its all going well for you! Sometimes its hard for people to notice change when its happening right in front of them. Dont be discouraged by your partner not noticing, men arent that great in this department anyhow. Just keep up the good work! Your doing so well How have things progressed since you started?
  • Hey Jojo. Sometimes men just don't notice these things and it took me close to 40lbs before people really started noticing any change. Hang in there. Do this for YOU!
  • People not noticing
    I’m down 35 pounds, now 185, and the only person who said anything is a guy at church. Showed my husband a photo of me a year ago and then of me today in the same shirt. Then he could see it and was shocked. He sees me every day so couldn’t see the changes. So keep going and note the changes for you. I recently found I can cross my legs again. Yahoo.
  • Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jojo2121 View Post
    Went from 16 stone 1pound to 14.12 still see no difference my husband still has not noticed.🙄well if he did he have not said. Sorry about spelling ect.
    Hey Jojo, hope its all going well for you! Sometimes its hard for people to notice change when its happening right in front of them. Dont be discouraged by your partner not noticing, men arent that great in this department anyhow. Just keep up the good work! Your doing so well How have things progressed since you started?
    Yeah, don't worry about it. I'm a man and I hardly even notice when I've changed.
  • I think sometimes people think it's rude to comment. Did you lose weight? to some means Wow, you were fat before. So perhaps they aren't commenting so as to be polite. Please don't be discouraged. Woulx taking measurements help?
  • I didn't have anyone notice until I was down about 30 or 40. I didn't change a pant size until I was down about 30. I don't think that is totally a coincidence. Now it seems like every time I go down a size and wear different clothes, someone notices. As long as you are still wearing the same clothes, people are less likely to notice, unless those clothes get HUGE on you. Also, some people don't say anything because they may think you are ill. I had one lady at work who didn't say anything until I was down about 50 pounds, and then she said "I didn't want to say anything in case you were sick and losing because of that"
  • Read my post about Not Only focusing on the scale! Keep grinding.
  • Keep on going! It is definitely proving to be a journey to me but I am determined.