South Beach Diet, October Daily Thread

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Good morning,

Well yesterday ended up being a bit of a lazy day. Went to lunch with DH and then went into work and then came home and vegged for the entire day. I got caught up on all of my shows I missed during the week. The only thing I cleaned was my old carpet cleaner so I could give to DD1. Amazing how much dust can add for just siting in a basement corner. I did do laundry though so I guess I wasn't a slug the whole day and walked the dog 3 times. Today I am trying to do some de-cluttering in the basement and need to clean house. DH still wants to go to Fright fest so we shall see

Beth I discovered Ezekiel sprouted grain muffins and love them, I only eat half of one at a time but so good. Hope you get to go for a walk

Debbie you have a lot more energy than I do

Have a wonderful day everyone
  • Good afternoon, chicks.

Pearlrose, yesterday turned into a total slug day for me too. I managed to get 1 load of laundry done, but not much else. DH and I tried to take a walk but it started to rain so we came home and watched college football on tv all afternoon. I think we all need a day like that sometime.The bread I get is from an organic bakery nearby; my favorite multigrain is loaded with flax and sunflower seeds plus a variety of grains. I try to keep it in the freezer and limit myself to 1 piece at a time.

Debbie, you have so much energy! Hope your day at the restaurant was productive.

Cenari, hope you are having a good weekend.

Today was very productive: laundry, cleaning and I assembled a small shelving unit for my closet and did some re-arranging. I'm trying to cull out stuff that I don't like or is worn. I probably have too many clothes and ill-fitting shoes! I think things are better organized now.

Have a good evening, chicks.
  • Hi Chicks,
    Well, the best laid plans...as they say, but I don't know the rest.
    The bad news, we missed the food truck festival. The good news, granddaughter made her surprise debut Sat & she is beyond perfect! I got the call Sat am. DD thought her water broke & wanted me on standby or on the way. I was packed within the hour & walking in the hospital 4hrs later soon after she was out of surgery.
    DH had to stay since we didn't have time to make arrangements for the dogs. We'll be back here together within a couple weeks, I'm sure. Right now, it's day-to-day. First, they didn't want anyone staying after the hospital, now they do. I'm keeping the week open & ready for duty.
    Needless to say, I'm way off plan eating & skipping meals. I'll get back in line before too much damage though.
    So, that's that. I'll be checking in to catch up more this week. ✌
  • Congrats to you and your DD, Cenari! Babies have a way of showing up on their own schedule.

I'm off to get some groceries soon, need to get ready for back to work tomorrow. I am hoping to get in some garden clean up after lunch; time to pull out the dead tomatoes and store the cages for next year. Probably time to put away the bird bath too. No ice skating for them! lol

Have a great Monday, all
  • Good afternoon,

Congrats to your DD Cenari, enjoy your new grandbaby.

I am working today but tonight we are having game night so all the kids will be over. Yesterday I got a lot accomplished in the basement my car is loaded up with stuff to donate and put some of the stuff in the garbage since today is pick up day, so that worked out. Also cleaned house and did some more laundry.

Beth I did some weeding as well outside, our temps will be dropping in a couple of days.

Have a great evening
  • Good morning!

Ceneri, congratulations on the new grandbaby!

Rose, Game night sounds fun! If I were closer I would join in. LOL. I love games and it’s not Kirk’s thing.

Beth, Hope you get the garden cleaned out. We did have a nice run this year. Do you have anything left?

I am sitting in my car while it warms up waiting for the windshield to thaw. I don’t have an ice Graper in the new car yet. We got a couple of inches of snow last night it’s 29°. Oh well. I did go pull as many colored tomatoes as possible last night and I colored my kale and chard. The Greens will make it but I think this has killed the tomatoes in the greenhouse. Welcome to the next season. Glad I’m doing this bathroom now because will have some nice weather in between.

I am on my way to the laundromat to pull quarters. Had a a glitched there yesterday. My friend who is helping with the bathroom also helps clean at the laundromat. She sent me a message Sunday night that the door wouldn’t close properly. It ended up a swivel. And I had broken on the bottom and the door was pretty functional yesterday morning. Fortunately, the glass and window guy actually had the parts in stock. We took the whole door off for a couple of hours which was OK since the dryers run so hot and it seems to be working better than it was before. Whew! Bathroom is coming along. Still just a vacant hole but a lot of things are getting figured out. We are doing electrical today. As soon as I get home I need to do some caulking that. I got all my bills paid yesterday morning, as well. That was getting kind of critical. I don’t go back to the restaurant until Sunday so we should have be getting close to sheet rock by then. I hope.

Have a great Tuesday everyone, especially Ceneri With the new grandbaby!
  • Good morning,

Last night was fun made spaghetti for everyone regular and chickpea pasta, DD1 and her BF liked the chickpea pasta said they wouldn't have been able to tell difference if I hadn't said something. We are still in the high 80s for today and tomorrow and then we drop to the 50s for highs. I started a new weight workout, I need to buy some heavier weights, I have 3, 5 and then it jumps to 20 which is too heavy, I need to get some 8 and 10 lbs so I can progress, needed to add some weight for bones and muscle to make sure I don't lose as I get older.

Debbie sounds like you are getting a lot done, can't wait to see the finished project. Can't believe you are getting snow already.

Have a great day everyone
  • Good evening,

Managed to take all my donation stuff today. Went and thought I had gotten 10 lbs but turned out to be 2- 5 lbs so will have to take that back. I deep cleaned the ceiling in my kitchen, didn't realize how much dust collects up there, my ceilings are 9 ft high so had to stand on a chair to reach but at least that room is done, now I am thinking I am going to have to do the same thing to all the other rooms as well. It started out with cleaning the ceiling fan and the I noticed all the other dust.

Hope everyone had a good day. Thinking and praying for all of those in the Hurricanes path
  • Good evening, Pearlrose and other chicks.

Busy day at school today; had a weird mid-day meeting and then kids after school with robotics club. This was my "planned" no exercise day. I'm trying to be sure to exercise on the weekend so I can take a workday off. Food was pretty good...That makes 2 good days after some splurging this weekend.

Pearlrose, maybe you would like to come do my fans and ceilings??? I was thinking the other day I should empty and clean all the kitchen cabinets and drawers. How does dust collect in a closed drawer/cabinet???

I will second the thought: prayers for those affected by the hurricane.
  • Good morning!

Sorry I did not get here yesterday. Worked on the project almost ready for sheet rock. Went to Denver to make the big purchase of clawfoot tub and fixtures. Extremely expensive but I’ve been saving for a long time. Brought my friend back up and then went back down to meet my sister’s flight at 10 PM. She had a great trip! I am really happy about that.

Food wise, I am doing great! Staying strictly on plan and scale coming down. I feel pretty motivated right now and the project is such a great diversion. Plus, lots of exercise.

I’ve got to get rolling here. We have a big project this morning. Going to see if we can get a new drain pipe from second floor to basement through a existing hole. That determines if we can just let it sit and have the sheet rock guys, or if we have a major plumbing reconstruction which includes cutting old 6 inch cast-iron pipe. Have a great day everyone!
  • Good afternoon,

Busy day so far we finally got out of the 80s and 90s and now are in the 50s drastic change but feels great. Eating has been op so that is good.

Beth sounds like you have a good plan for exercise

Debbie I hope you are able to use existing hole for the drain and not have to cut into all of those pipes.

Have a great day everyone
  • Wow what a difference a day makes, it is only in the mid 40s right now, had to turn the furnace on. Crazy. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Hey chicks.

It's Friday of a busy week. I'm ready for an evening of not doing much. It looks like there will be some cool but sunny weather this weekend so I am hoping we will take a drive and/or hike to see the fall colors. With all the rain this week I think a lot of the leaves are already down. DH and I may also do a few chores like wrap the bushes to prevent deer damage and put the cover on the AC unit.

Pearlrose, we are looking at 10 days of 50 for a high and 30-ish for a low. Quite a change from the 80* we had Tuesday!

Have a good evening.
  • Hi Chicks!
    Sorry I've been MIA a few days. I started replies a couple times & they'd be gone by the time I got back. So annoying.
    I'm looking at my windows reading about all your cleaning, plans & projects. I don't think I can ignore cleaning them much longer. We live in a new development & construction is ongoing, so it hardly seemed worth it, but they're looking pretty bad when the sun comes in.
    We're in full fall weather here as well. Not much color yet. It came in like a bang right after the hurricane. Poor Florida, they really got clobbered. Hope they recover with minimal loss.

I got home last night & was pretty exhausted. DD2 & baby are doing great. My SIL scored major points seeing him on coach & daddy duty. Both my girls did well picking their guys, making this Mom very happy. It was an especially good time for DD2 & I. We've had our ups & downs over the years. I'm so glad to be back up & expect to stay there now that she's a mom herself. Becoming a parent is truly life changing.

Shockingly, my scale was down 3#s this morning. So, I finally hit last month's goal & can reach for 2 more this month. That will get me to last summer's low & on track to keep losing this time. Monday I should be back to full op. Exercise is still a problem I've been avoiding. No excuses.
    Keep your inspiration & examples coming, please.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! ✌
  • Good morning!

sorry, me too, MIA. OP though.

Rose, Good for you moving some of that clutter out. I will be on track for that once this project winds down.

Beh,I hope you get some walks in before this weather gets to your end of the country.

Ceneri, Great news that the scale dropped while you were with your daughter. Glad you made it home safe. I still have 5 pounds to go before I’m back to where I was before my mother passed away a year ago. I’m grateful I only gained 10 pounds not 30. Welcome home!

winter has finally hit here for a few days. It’s snowing right now and 22°. Ouch. I went out after work yesterday and pulled all of my green tomatoes out of the greenhouse. I think some of them will ripen inside. It was a last ditch effort. I had potatoes in buckets out on the porch. They are all inside now. I added three of the small potatoes fried in olive oil with my dinner last night. They were all right but I think they’ve suffered sitting on the porch for two weeks now. Oh well.

project wise, my friend and I did get the new drain pipe run from the basement on Thursday. I think it was mid afternoon when we finished. Friday morning my sister and I drove down near Colorado Springs to Home Depot to get the vanity base that I’m going to use. Didn’t like it as well as in the picture but I don’t have a lot of choice right now. Mostly I don’t like the doors. Perhaps I can buy new doors to put on it. Don’t know yet. Now I’m waiting for the sheet rock guy to get his act together. I guess he’s been busily painting for the past few days but this weather ends that. Perhaps we will be on track to start that tomorrow. I hope so.

i’d better get moving this morning. The boss asked me to be there right at 5:30 this morning since a new guy is coming in. Since I will have to get my vehicle warmed up and windows thawed I need to plan ahead. I need to make smoothies and I’ve been packing my own oatmeal to work. We serve Oatmeal but if I have to order it I don’t. Plus, mine is organic and I put healthy nuts in it. Have a great Sunday everyone!