September 2018 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 1 of 25
Go to
  • Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
  • good morning! it's hard to believe that September is almost here!
  • September 2018
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks Diana for continuing the thread into September.

Diet: Okay except for frappe and some pumpkin gobs. Oooh!

Exercise: Yesterday, I walked 30 minutes and did knee exercises. Today I swam an hr. at the Y: 48 laps=60 laps at my pool. This is a different Y. And I did some knee exercises. My Y pool will not be open until after Labor Day.

Other: sorted some stuff in the den.

220/210.3/210.5/210 I need to figure out a way not to do emotional eating. Alas, I have a lot of stress in my life. People you think would be helping me aren't. That is kind of shocking. The best I can do is keep plugging away, and try to appease them, and not make them angry.
  • Checking in - busy day today but no change = 154.4 Only got about 5000 steps yesterday.
    Decided to move the goal to 140 figuring 5-10lbs of loose skin.
    Breakfast is logged / planned but that is about it.
  • good morning! happy first day of September! my to-do list is much shorter today! will have breakfast in a few minutes.
  • Good morning all,
    144.3 this morning

Hope everyone is doing well. Wow, September already. I am nearing the top of my current maintenance range. I am calling it in the zone. I have been working on figuring out what the right zone is for me. I currently have it set at 140-145 on my home scale. That keeps me at least 3 pounds below my weight watchers goal and doesn't require buying a new warddrobe. I have such a different mindset about maintenance this time. I am cautiously optimistic that I will finally keep it off this time. I am learning that having a bottom number is important for me, too.

It's a beautiful day so far, so I'm going to get Willie dog out for a walk.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and a happy holiday if you celebrate Labor Day.
  • Good Morning, Everyone! Welcome back!

Kelijpa How are things going with hormones/TTOM? I am coming up on the one year mark this month. Is this the end for me? It all seems so strange.

Last night: Standing stretch, exercises from the Dr. and 4 short planks
    This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
    Weigh In: 188.2
    I am 1.2 pounds down from my last weigh in and the fiasco.

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 1

2 Corinthians 3:5
    Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.Muriel knew she couldn't do it alone. She wasn't strong enough. Her friend Ann told her that one of her strengths was realizing she was weak. Too many of her friends tackled diets on their own and failed miserably. Well, Muriel wasn't going to make the same mistake. She wanted help from the outset. If we realize our weaknesses and limitations, then we are better able to cope with them. God will help us be honest with ourselves, so we can work to turn our weaknesses into strengths. Pray to God for that insight.

Today's thought: What I want to eat and what I need to eat are two different things!

• just finished eating breakfast a few minutes ago. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
  • Good morning to all and happy September
    WI down just a little 169.4 yesterday today 168.8. So in observance of a new month last night I measured.....and this is with a full day of eating and no w/o for 2 days. You all know I have been scared to whip out the ole tape measure. But with my weight down .2 when I last measured I needed some positive reinforcement in my life at least I was hoping for some so the big reveal. I took the first measurements in April before the gym, the start of my third week with the gym June 23 and the third is Aug 31

Neck 15,5.... 15....... 15,5 ...this is tough call another tape measure vary placement DH was doing the measuring
    Chest 35.25.....34.75 ......35.5... call this tape measure vary placement
    Waist 36...... 35.5....... 35 some improvement
    Pooch... --- .....40 ......38.5 better
    Hip 42.25..... 42..... 42 always been a hippy gal
    Thigh 23...... 22.75...... 22.5 doing better
    Bicep 12.5.... 13.25...... 14.0 gaining strength I guess
    Calf 14.... 14.5..... 14.75.... gaining here too

Ok now I am off to the coast back Sunday night, I just wanted to share
  • just got back from power walking and running errands a few minutes. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes/
  • Hi Diana,

Congrats on the year, not sure if that's appropriate, but it seems like it congratulations are in order to me. It's been 3 months since the last and it was 3 months or so between the one before that. It seems like things are different. I still am having hot flashes, but not the mood swings (everybody's happy about that I'm sure) I guess I'll just have to wait it out.

• power walked to and home from lunch. also ran an errand to and on the way home from lunch. will power walk to church tonight. will power walk to supper after church. will power walk home from supper.
  • Hi Everyone!

So, today was a strange eating day for me. My friend & I went out for a steak and had ice cream. I counted my calories and I won't be having dinner.

Nancy You are making progress.

Kelijpa Gosh, I hear you on the congrats. Knowing me, it's not menopause, it's that I have something wrong.

Total Approx 1700 Calories +

Breakfast (200 calories + )
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    Fage 0% 90 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch/dinner (1100 calories)
    Salad w/BHF's ranch 200 calories
    thin slice Honey wheat bread w/butter 150 calories
    filet 350 calories
    baked potato w/butter 400 calories

Later (400 calories)
    dark chocolate ice cream 400 calories

Exercise
    walked indoor track 20 minutes 25 minutes bike
  • good ,morning! wo;; be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. got a lot done around the house yesterday. also went for a few power walks. will do the same later on today.
  • Good Morning 155.0 bump up but so far I am still down 1.8lbs for the week so I need to buckle down today, drink lots of water, walk, and eat a little less. Also no solid wast removal yesterday.

I messed up and ate a burger and onion rings yesterday. At 1855 calories my intake exceeded my output. Have not met steps for two days.
    Had to sleep in this morning. dealt with something very unpleasant yesterday and still can't get the "smell" out of my nose. Ick.

Getting ready to go for a walk this morning. A bit late but it is a a holiday weekend. Have a scheduled search with Beau tomorrow morning.

NSV. Bought a size 8-10 medium blouse that fit me. Bought several. They look great! Found some with 3/4 sleeves that cover my bat wings.

Will plan my day after walking and cleaning out my truck.

Nancy - Great progress!

Kelijpa - good to see you again and glad the hot flashes are tapering off. It took me some years but next up can be vaginal dryness. I use vaginal estrogen and it is very low dose but expensive and worth every cent as it keeps the walls thick and supports bladder etc.

Diana - WTG on the weight drop.