CBD oil / Marijuana

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My sister just got Medical Marijuana to deal with insomnia. She reports she lost weight without trying. And if you google it... it does seem Marijuana is more likely to make you lose than gain. It is also suspected that it gives your metabolism a boost. https://www.forbes.com/sites/debrabo.../#3c58512411b5

But that isn't legal here yet unless I get it for a medical condition.

SO I have tried CBD oil (hemp really) and I can't believe it... I have noticed a slow down to that "binging" feeling. Usually after my dinner I get home and want to dive into food. But at least for the last week, I didn't eat anything after dinner. I don't have that monkey on my back. I didn't get the oil for that reason so I just realized last night I didn't have a single binge. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0ea6ee3d035e6

Has anyone else tried CBD or hemp oil and found a appetite suppressant effect? I mean I am still hungry but I don't have the urgency about it?

I actually decided to try hemp after I gave it to my cat and he had some positive effects -- such as hair growing back in bald patches that had been there for years.
  • I've been taking CBD oil for about 2 months for inflammation and arthritis pain - it works for that but I have not noticed any effect related to it as an appetite suppressant.
  • Hemp seed oil extract
    I haven’t used it yet. However, my husband has been using it for chronic pain in his shoulder he injured 7 years ago. He said the pain has eased up to where he can use his arm again (he opt out of surgery because he was told he would have limited use). So about 2 weeks, I noticed he was thinner. So he started to weigh himself & he has lost 18 pounds in the last 4 weeks.

If it works for you, please keep us updated!

THX!!
  • I'm giving it to my dog primarily for joint pain. I don't notice anything with her hair or weight. She has more energy -- which is the opposite of what one would think, right? I can only assume that is because her joints hurt less?? It hasn't helped with her separation anxiety. At her last vet appointment they said that her lungs were a little raspy (allergies) and I hoped that she would get some relief with excessive panting. I haven't noticed any differences. She is 12. How long did it take for you to notice differences with your cat?

I have also read that hemp will help with weight loss. I looked into it for my Mom because she has severe back pain. What are the side effects? I might suggest it to her. She'll think I am crazy. BUT I feel bad for her having pain. I think it is worth a try.

Sunshine, that is amazing that your husband lost that much weight without really knowing it or, apparently, trying. WOW!
  • 18lb in 4 weeks without dieting actually sounds like it should be flagged up with a doctor.

CBD never did a thing for me, and I got very sick of people making miracle cure claims for it. It doesn't seem to help that many people, and it's not properly regulated.
  • i ear a lot people saying that when they do marijuana they feel like eating junk food
  • yea i dont think marijuana would help with weight loss as in my experience it just gives you the munchies and makes me eat unhealthy. CBD isnt really known to have any effects on weight loss that I have read up on anyway... Good luck
  • I had a really bad crook in my neck and my husband had a sample and rubbed it on there and I have to say it seemed to help. I haven't ingested it though.
  • Quote: I've been taking CBD oil for about 2 months for inflammation and arthritis pain - it works for that but I have not noticed any effect related to it as an appetite suppressant.
    Thanks. I think i should try it too for inflammation.
  • Quote: My sister just got Medical Marijuana to deal with insomnia. She reports she lost weight without trying. And if you google it... it does seem Marijuana is more likely to make you lose than gain. It is also suspected that it gives your metabolism a boost.

But that isn't legal here yet unless I get it for a medical condition.

SO I have tried CBD oil (hemp really) and I can't believe it... I have noticed a slow down to that "binging" feeling. Usually after my dinner I get home and want to dive into food. But at least for the last week, I didn't eat anything after dinner. I don't have that monkey on my back. I didn't get the oil for that reason so I just realized last night I didn't have a single binge.

Has anyone else tried CBD or hemp oil and found a appetite suppressant effect? I mean I am still hungry but I don't have the urgency about it?

I actually decided to try hemp after I gave it to my cat and he had some positive effects -- such as hair growing back in bald patches that had been there for years.
    I have a similar story. I had sleep disorder problem recently. So I started to use a CBD Oil brand from UK which is called CBDWarhouse. A few days later I just figured out that I have lost some weights. I wasn't also feeling hungry as same as I do in the past. Maybe because of the cbd oil percentage it contains? Company claims that a bottle has 80% hemp oil minimum. Dunno. I have talked my doctor about the situation and he told me that it can help. No side effects yet. I am using it about a month.
  • I initially found that marijuana had a deleterious effect on my weight loss, since, as a previous poster mentioned, it gives me the munchies. I shifted it to my evening meal, since it takes some time to process it in oil form, which seems to help out as my cravings happen when I sleep. Not sure if it helps my weight loss though, but its anti-inflammatory benefits are worth while.
  • I am definitely going to give this one a try
  • I hope it will help a little bit.
  • In my opinion, maybe one of the main thing is to take control over your CBD oil doses, which you consume every single day. If you really want to get the most accurate information about dosage of CBD, which you're going to consume, you should try this CBD Dosage Calculator because it's the most simple online tool of such calculation process, which can resolve your dosage hesitating issue.
  • I also use CBD and a mixed CBD/THC oil for inflammation and insomnia, both internally and externally.
    I have not noticed any issues with weight, either gaining or losing. I think the "munchies" happen more with getting truly high on THC, because of the sensations encountered.