Roasted Chick Peas

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I keep them on the counter in portion controlled containers
  • making these now - added Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, some more garlic powder and some salt
  • Wow! These are delicious. Just made them for the first time and now I understand why CyndiM wrote that she keeps them in portion-controlled containers. These are borderline dangerous!!
  • I actually have to play a game with myself when I eat them. Only allow myself one at a time and must drink water after each one. Otherwise I could eat all three cans worth at one sitting!
  • Another yummy variation, Buffalo Ranch
  • I can't believe I waited so long to make these! I have had dried/roasted chickpeas from Middle Eastern stores and they were NOT good, so I was always reluctant to try this recipe. I think Cyndi mentioned them recently so I thought it is time.

Yum - perfectly crispy and delicious. As was previously mentioned, the biggest problem is how to stop eating...

I made mine from dried/cooked chickpeas... coated in olive oil. Baked at ~400 degrees in a toaster oven (I just did 1 cup) for what seemed like foreeeeeeeever, well over an hour. I just kept checking them and making sure they weren't burning (maybe mine started out too wet? but they turned out fine). At one point, they *seemed* done but were soft in the middle so I just kept cooking until they were solidly dried out and crispy. Let cool inside the oven as suggested. Seasoned at the end of cooking with sea salt and garlic powder. OMG - tasted like garlic bread!!

Now I want to try other versions. Someone mentioned dill. I want to try this version of Dill Pickle Roasted Chickpeas (same source as the Buffalo Ranch ones).
  • I had tried these once before and don't think I cooked them long enough.
    Tried them again today and they are delish!
    I will put them in single-serving baggies for portion control.