Steel Magnolias #25

• Good morning to you all. I have been messing with my printer because Jack changed the ink then the thing wouldn't print properly. He ran a bunch of alignment tests and such and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Well I am no techie, but I told him to unplug it and replug it but he didn't and said he'd, "Have to work on it." I thought I was not going to wait for him to get around to it so went and unplugged it and replugged it and then it said it had a print error. I restarted the computer and then it wouldn't log onto the internet so I ran a troubleshoot and now everything is ok and the printer is working correctly too. Sometimes we who don't have the brains do better than the brainy! I just wish I could get the mouse to work. I think it is because this new computer is a touch screen, but I have trouble with doing that with the arthritis in my arms and shoulders to reach.

I think we are going to go out to eat tonight as the game is in San Diego and doesn't start until 9 PM. We just haven't decided where yet.

I have Fresh Market and commissary shopping this weekend and maybe even Walmart so we will be shopaholics here. It is more expensive, but Fresh Market has much better produce than the other two and I eat a lot of fresh veg and fruits.

Jean: Hope by now you feel better and got some sleep. I have some bad sleepless nights and sometimes weird nightmares. I do sleep almost in a sitting position in bed so maybe that is it. We are going to continue to have hot weather it looks like, but I'd rather have that than cold. We have never driven to Kansas, but mapquest puts it at about a 12 hour drive. We are going to drive to St Louis and spend the night than drive in and then reverse that coming home. I can't stand long, long drives anymore and my legs swell too much. I just hope we can help them some more and they enjoy going to the baseball game as the Kansas team is really bad this year. Of course, every time we go to see the Cubs in person, they lose the game, even with bad teams.

You all have a great weekend. Gotta go and answer a text that has been binging on and off.

• Good Evening! We got almost 2” of rain in a little over an hour around noon today. I was smart and did my cat chores then ran a couple errands first thing this morning. This afternoon I baked the first batch of cookies for Monday, peanut butter. It is a big recipe and I was tired when I got done. I used to bake two pans at a time until I read that is not the correct way, should be one pan. Martha Stewart I’m not, and I can’t tell the difference. I will make another recipe first thing tomorrow morning then go do my cat chores.

“Gma,” thank you for starting the new thread! I didn’t realize we were that close to 30. Pat yourself on the back for fixing the printer problem! A couple weeks ago “my” church computer wouldn’t work so I used another one. The next day the computer whiz gal sent me an email saying someone had taken the batteries out of the keyboard. It wasn’t me because I didn’t know the keyboard had batteries! When we have had trouble with the internet, the tech usually says to unplug the router and modem, then plug them in again. Seems to work every time so now we do that before we call them. I wanted fresh green beans and the store didn’t have a green bean any where. Maybe I will check tomorrow, I noticed the sweet corn pickups are showing up in a couple corners around town. Good luck shopping this weekend! I can only last about two hours in the car before I start to squirm and need walk around. We have to stop for gas on the way home from Jason’s and I always get out and stretch. The bugs have been awful and Bob scrubs them as soon as we get home, then goes to the car wash.

I need to put my cookie making dishes away and read the paper. Bob has Ninja Warrior on tv; I can’t imagine training for that. Hope you enjoy a nice weekend!
  • Good Afternoon! It is a beautiful day in my neighborhood with NO wind, sunshine, lower humidity and temperature is hanging at 80. The sliding doors are open and the birds are chirping. Went to church, mainly because singing old familiar hymns was advertised and Bob likes to sing. I’ve counted the gift shop money and next on my list is to frost cookies and make brownies. I made frosting yesterday and the recipe calls for browned butter. I have made it before but for some reason it didn’t turn out yesterday. I think I hurried the butter and it had milk (?) particles in it. Anyhow, into the garbage it went. Today I bought canned frosting, added flavoring, and cookies are frosted. I wanted to make a pan of brownies just to add a little color to the plate, then take the leftovers to Ian. I had this happen once before and you would think I would learn! The mix is for an 8” pan, not 13”; of course I had it mixed and ready for the oven when I read the baking time. I rarely bake any more and now I know why! Luckily I have another same size mix in the cupboard. This has been a baking weekend and it will be a long time before I bake again! Bob, bless him, has done the baking dishes for me so far. But he doesn’t know about my latest snafu.

I need to keep moving and get my brownies finished. Also have cat chores later this afternoon. Enjoy the rest of the super Sunday!
  • Good afternoon. Boy is it hot today. We came home from grocery shopping around 11:30 and I opened the car dooe and the heat just hit me in the face, whoosh!

Well, we had a shooting here while we were gone yesterday morning. It was on the back side of the complex. Some lady was shot in the leg and they said they had “detained” someone. We wouldn’t have known except the hoa president sent an email to all the board members. I wish they’d get the guy thrown out down the street. It’s time to quit goofing off and start fining people for breaking rules repeatedly. The creep across the street keeps parking in front of his garage. Jack is going to talk to the manager next meeting. I mean 5-10 minutes so you can unload your car no big deal, but filling your garage with crap then parking in front of your garage is not allowed.

We are watching the Cubs on tv and I am finishing up a load of clothes. Too hot todo much of anything else.

Jean: Somebody must have needed some batteries to take the keyboard ones. lol When I bake cookies I either do one pan at a time, or switch them halfway through. Jack won’t eat them so I never get pb cookies. My feet and legs swell if I am in the car too long. We stop fairly frequently and get out and walk around and such. The bad thing about going to St Louis is I-55 in Arkansas from Memphis to Sikeston Missouri has 1 rest area. They’ve torn both the other ones down. They have trucker pull ins cars aren’t allowed which have portapotty type things but nothing for cars. It’s also a lot of farm land so exits have little to none of convenience stores, gas, or food until you get to Blytheville. Ooh fresh green beans sound good. My mom and grandma used to cook them with either bacon or ham and sometimes new potatoes.

Well, better check on the laundry. Have a good Sunday.