Is there anyone around on a regular basis?

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: . Not to worry! It may just mean that you didn't have much stored water with your glycogen stores when you started. Think about it... keep losing at even that rate and you will have lost over 20 lbs in 3 months. Not many diets get you those results. Your first 3 weeks or so aren't mainly fat loss, just so you are aware. Don't be discouraged, you are doing great. Weight loss is never linear, some weeks more than others but overall the trend is down. Yaaay!

Liana
    I can't thank you enough for this information. I had very bad eating habits and for sure my body held onto everything because I would most days not eat until supper...then have a big supper and dessert. I didn't know that the first three weeks aren't mainly fat loss. As of today...I am down 9. I don't have a lot to lose. I have a target of 20 lbs. It's very hard because my husband is down 27 lbs, but he has 80 lbs to lose.

Any other tips...they told me not to exercise. I have a desk job and am not active at all...can I walk on the tread mill a bit, will this help or hinder?

Thank you again...your encouragement means so much to me today. I was so discouraged.
  • Hi. Im just starting on Optavia/Medifast. Not many posters over on that there forum. So Ive been visiting.

It was suggested that Optavia is similar to the Ideal Protein Diet. Anybody willing to give me a synopsis on how Ideal Protein works. Just curious. Im going to stay on Optavia for now. 29 pounds down.
  • Day 2 - still doing good!! ☺
  • Way to go guys!! A bit of exercise doesn't hurt if you have the energy for it. A good brisk walk outside or on a treadmill is great. Easy cross country skiing, a few laps in the pool, nice gentle bike ride.... all good for the soul - it doesn't jump up your losses but does help you feel better mentally. There is a thread here on C25K and other regular exercise. You might want to do a search.
  • I am ashamed...I post for one day and disappear...😑 will keep trying and will get here daily!! 💕💕
  • Sunday...crazy day - ended up in the ER, but still 100%!! 🙂
  • In the ER!!!? What happened, cactusblossom? Hope you are ok!
    Liana
  • I have been on the program 2 times this is my 3rd time and plan to finish.
  • Day 4 here
    Hi guys, I知 on day 4 here. This is my first time on ideal protein. I知 hoping I can stick with it! I値l be honest, it is super challenging as I like to cook. Yesterday I made my kids granola bars and granola with a load of mixers nuts and seeds. It was killing me not to try it. Same goes for when I take fresh baked sourdough out of the oven. I think I知 going to have to get going with some ideal protein recipe ideas as this eating out of a package is hard!
  • I'm back on as a regular once again. Seems to not be as active as it use to be.
  • Hi!
    I知 here as well. I mostly check in to see new posts or to look for recipes. It is my 3rd time on IP and down 38.8 currently. I HAVE to figure out how to keep it off this time.

Nice to to see some activity here. I wish it would be more active like in the past. This site really helped me get through the program.
  • Hi Jelliehel I usually just check in a few times a day as well. I think with anything its all a matter of mind over matter in which I struggle with as well. Somehow someway this weight is going to stay off this time.
  • Quote: Hi guys, I知 on day 4 here. This is my first time on ideal protein. I知 hoping I can stick with it! I値l be honest, it is super challenging as I like to cook. Yesterday I made my kids granola bars and granola with a load of mixers nuts and seeds. It was killing me not to try it. Same goes for when I take fresh baked sourdough out of the oven. I think I知 going to have to get going with some ideal protein recipe ideas as this eating out of a package is hard!
    Hi Gypsyaisha, I find that Pinterest has lots of different recipes and go on looking for different ideas. Good Luck.
  • Quote: Sunday...crazy day - ended up in the ER, but still 100%!! 🙂
    Oh no cactusblossom hope everything is ok.
  • New to forum and IP
    Hi all! I知 new to the forum and IP. 2nd week of phase 1