Is there anyone around on a regular basis?

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hiya, spaghetticat, I love the name BTW! Do you have pets? Or just (too big) a fan of spaghetti, lol? How are you doing on your IP journey so far? I ended up going a bit off the rails (with lots of nuts, cheese, pepperoni) after a traumatizing experience at work almost a couple weeks ago. I work in security and was bear sprayed in the face by a perp. Did ok pretty well most of the days, but evenings were another matter. Anyhow, I ended up gaining 3 lbs in that week but am dropping it off now. Ugh, stress makes my tummy bloat up when I eat anything and makes me crave my comfort foods. Back on plan these past few days though, and it's working. Next weigh in is on Thurs and I'm hoping to be back to my previous weight from 2 weeks ago before all this poop hit the fan.
    Liana
  • Hey liana.
    Doing good. My shipment just arrived today of protidiet stuff but i went and started subbing some other items. I really live the ip crispy vanilla bar yumm.

So far so good. I got my supplements sorted out so im glad about that. Ive been eating two food meals a day so happy to see the difference with just one now.

I love cats much more than spaghetti. When i was 21 i got the nickname when a friend found this spaghetticat song and said it was me haha.

Im getting married in 4 months so rather motivated haha.
  • Im down 6 or 8 pounds and steady in ketosis! Not 100% sure my scale says different things in different places.

Proti diet hot chocolate is good with coffee.
  • Getting back on plan with you guys tomorrow...😀
  • WTG! Hop on, cactusblossom.... the choo choo is headin' down the trax.
    Good news - at my weigh in on Thursday I had lost those stupid 3 lbs and my waist was smaller than two weeks ago. Hip measure was up a bit, but I've been having some achy inflammation issues over my left trochanter, so we aren't concerned about it.
    Bad news... had a couple of bad PTSD depressive sort of days and ate handfuls of fresh raw nuts, too many Simply Protein bars, and a big hunk of cheese. At least they weren't candies...hubby has a bag of lollies in the cupboard and there are my favorite traditional molasses kisses hidden in a dark corner of the sideboard. Liana
  • Hi Liana and all!

Started yesterday and determined to make it through the week and holiday ahead! Decided to stop putting it off! Have a long way to go, but looking ahead! Have a great day all! 💓
  • Yay glad you're back on board!
  • Hi All - I'm new to the site. This is the second go I've had with IP. I've lost 25 lbs so far, down from 228. Started in August. I'm a cheater, so trying to really develop a stronger IRON WILL so I can get off the program and begin maintenance...it's definitely pricey, but it's great to see the needle moving when it doesn't or hasn't with high fat low carb/keto, DASH diet, SLOW CARB, Whole 30 or Atkins.

Thanks in advance to the support!
    Deb
  • Quote: Hiya, spaghetticat, I love the name BTW! Do you have pets? Or just (too big) a fan of spaghetti, lol? How are you doing on your IP journey so far? I ended up going a bit off the rails (with lots of nuts, cheese, pepperoni) after a traumatizing experience at work almost a couple weeks ago. I work in security and was bear sprayed in the face by a perp. Did ok pretty well most of the days, but evenings were another matter. Anyhow, I ended up gaining 3 lbs in that week but am dropping it off now. Ugh, stress makes my tummy bloat up when I eat anything and makes me crave my comfort foods. Back on plan these past few days though, and it's working. Next weigh in is on Thurs and I'm hoping to be back to my previous weight from 2 weeks ago before all this poop hit the fan.
    Liana
    I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope he is in jail.
  • Hi guys,

Hope you are all well. I am doing okay and hanging in there and have promised myself to be 100% especially through the next few days. I hate to say it but I almost wish Thanksgiving was over... Isn't that sad. 😞 but I am determined to eat good and come out a winner! Hope you all have a wonderful day and keep posting if you can!! 🙂💗
  • Quote: I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope he is in jail.
    Unfortunately they haven't caught him yet. They have a possible suspect vehicle from my description but haven't been able to locate it yet.
    We are trying to eat out our fridge since we leave for Mexico in 4 1/2 days for a 19 night vacation. This is making for especially strange meals I can't begin to describe.

My problem isn't food over this time of year - it's the freakin' amazing sales (clothes and shoes)
    BTW, here's some lo-cal dessert shoes from the Shoe Bakery - it's a 'thing.' lol NOT cheap tho, even with the Black Friday code Hooray30 (30% off non-custom orders) https://shoebakery.com/
    Liana
  • Good morning...are their people that just can't lose weight on this diet? I am down only 3.5 lbs in two weeks and am so discouraged.
  • Phase 4 Suggestions
    So, I'm new here. I started IP on the 30th of April and have lost 81lbs. This surprised everyone including my "coach" because I am a paralyzed veteran. They had never had a paraplegic start the protocol out here. I like to think that my 20 years in the Army helped me be disciplined while following the diet as I found it super easy. I have been in Phase 4 for 4 weeks now and have actually lost about a pound.

My question/issue is this:
    Does anyone have simple guidelines/examples of foods and amounts they're enjoying on P4?

This is really the one of issue I have with IP. It just seems like they kick you to the curb once you hit P4. P1-3 they were there with many options/examples.

Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Quote: So, I'm new here. I started IP on the 30th of April and have lost 81lbs. This surprised everyone including my "coach" because I am a paralyzed veteran. They had never had a paraplegic start the protocol out here. I like to think that my 20 years in the Army helped me be disciplined while following the diet as I found it super easy. I have been in Phase 4 for 4 weeks now and have actually lost about a pound.

My question/issue is this:
    Does anyone have simple guidelines/examples of foods and amounts they're enjoying on P4?

This is really the one of issue I have with IP. It just seems like they kick you to the curb once you hit P4. P1-3 they were there with many options/examples.

Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
    . Congrats on your new weight and health! Do a search on 3fatchicks for "Maintainers P4 What Are You Eating Today? Part 3". It's about 9 or 10 thread pages down, a bunch of us maintainers logged all our meals with macros to help out. From there you can go back to Part 2 and part 1 for even more meal plans, and logged days. Actually, I will bump it to the front thread page if I can.
    Cheers!
    Liana
  • Quote: Good morning...are their people that just can't lose weight on this diet? I am down only 3.5 lbs in two weeks and am so discouraged.
    . Not to worry! It may just mean that you didn't have much stored water with your glycogen stores when you started. Think about it... keep losing at even that rate and you will have lost over 20 lbs in 3 months. Not many diets get you those results. Your first 3 weeks or so aren't mainly fat loss, just so you are aware. Don't be discouraged, you are doing great. Weight loss is never linear, some weeks more than others but overall the trend is down. Yaaay!

Liana