11 Regainers regaining control and relosing!

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • Pirate: good for you for rejoining and also for beginning to feel good again. Depression can be a Wiley creature to get under control easily. When you find something that works that’s a huge help. My DH has suffered from bouts - I’ve been reading on it for a while and they are finding some types that go back to your gut health. They find if those people are treated with probiotics of certain strains for a period of time their symptoms lessen. I know the end my DH was on caused weight gain, horrible night sweats and some body changes. I try to keep him in probiotics these days as best I can, and for him a job change helped the overall outlook as well. As for your weight - YOU CAN DO THIS! I’m currently not doing my own well - but I’m here to cheer you along!

Uber: yeah for you! Are you traveling internationally again? How fun to have new clothes to pack with you! Did you replace the non-flattering flowy tops? As for my foot - I gashed the topside open and having any enclosed shoe on is painful and rubs and my sandal is ok but heck today’s high is to be what 58 or so and that means closed toe shoes soon enough. I need to get it healed and then I can revisit walking. I was attacked by a piece of sheet metal on an angle and it was 2” long with varying degrees of depth - it’s the deeper part I’m having issues with.

Diane: how’s the teeth? Warm salt water is your friend. Unless you have one of those icky caps in place then everything will react with it. I don’t envy you and keep a fork away from it if need be.

Hello all!

Am: No dieting this week. It’s just not going well on that and I haven’t been on a scale at all this week. Not smart I know, I end up doing poorly when I finally return to the scale. I’m just admitting to being in a funk about the whole weight process, I find certain foods talking to me and I need to tell them to shut up and move on! I also carry with me my endo telling me to watch my foods less I flip into diabetes. My a1c is normal range, but went up .3 from the last time - however my weight was 12 lbs more this time from last year. And you all know my story about my meds and my thyroid. Argh! So there is my excuse today. I’m not taking ownership of my fat rolls

You will be proud of me - I did pick up a lot of fresh veg and fruit at the store yesterday. Avocados are back down to 69c so I bought 4. I got a bunch of bananas and items for salads. I’m going to try adding these back in place daily. It’s slow I get it and I know my thoughts and outlooks are the main game changer I need to do!

Happy weekend all. May you have a good day and great weekend and please MAY we all find out diet mojo!
  • Dread: So good to hear from you! I'm glad you are back. I'm sorry for all of the stuff you have been through, but it sounds like you have figured some things out and have some tools to help you deal with everything. I'm proud of you for coming back, and working to get back on track. We are all here to support you! We're not perfect, but maybe as a group, we can help each other through the rough times!

Uber: Oh so close! You're almost there! I'm excited for you. Even though it is an "arbitrary" number, it is an important arbitrary number! We all look to being under 200 as a huge achievement and I'm hoping you get there soon!!!!! Nice to be able to get on the horse again, so to speak!!!

Lemon: Ugh for the foot issue. That's awful. Glad that avocados were back to a reasonable number! Now you have a nice supply of veggies!

As for me, I survived the root canal. I still have a little pain, but I'm hopeful that it will go away soon. It does seem better already. I am very tired of it all, and ready to move on. I have some of my husband's family coming to town and they're coming over for dinner. I'm sure it will be fine, but they kind of drive me crazy. But they are the only ones he has left, so what are you going to do? Grin and bear it.

I need to get some groceries this weekend, and I plan on getting back on track with working out. If I have some time, I might go on a hike. But, definitely back to spin on Monday.
  • So today was a decent success! For a Day One restart, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Things I'm pleased with:
    - I ate super well compared to my recent diet!
    * Breakfast: Cheerios/milk and a RedBull (I refuse to give them up until next week when I stop going in at a completely disrespectfully early time of day)
    * Lunch: turkey/cheese sandwich, an apple, half a can of Coke
    * Snack: tuna salad (tuna, mayo, sweet relish)
    * Dinner: vegetarian lasagna
    - Worked out for 30min at the gym (just walking on the treadmill, but more than I've done in a month)
    - Weed sprayed the yard (something I've put off for a month after buying the spray) (see fight below)
    - Boyfriend swept/vacuumed/mopped the house (see fight below)
    - Resolved fight with Boyfriend within an hour instead of letting it go on all night

Things I'm not quite so pleased with:
    - I drank half a Coke and a RedBull and not a lot of water, but there's still time to change the water intake for the day!
    - Left a few minutes early from work instead of staying later to make up some hours
    - Got into a fight with the boyfriend (over not doing enough housework on both our sides, so we both did things we've been putting off for a while).

Overall, better than I could have asked for on a first day!

lemon: Thanks!! I can use all the cheering I can get and it's all appreciated lol. I've read about the probiotic strains affecting mental health as well. I'll need to look into it. My primary care wants me to throw whatever lifestyle changes and diet changes I can at my depression to supplement the medications I'm on. I'm sorry to hear about your foot! Did you need to get stitches or antibiotics/pain meds for the gash??? I hope it heals up soon, injuries are a bunch of poop. Take however much time you need to get back in the groove. I spent an entire year in a funk lmao. Great job on getting the fruit and veggies, and congrats on the sweet sweet avocado deals

Slash: Heeyyyyyyy! I'm glad to be back too lol. I'm so glad y'all are here, because there's not a whole lot of people I can talk to about the weight loss efforts that really, REALLY get it, ya know? This forum has gotten me through some rough times. Root canals are poop! Hopefully you heal up soon. I had the exact same situation happen to me in nursing school (cracked molar). And hopefully dinner with the family is quick and painless as well
  • Hey, y'all! Hope everyone had a great Saturday! I spent a majority of my day at work sweating balls because the AC was out. At one point I got nauseous because of the heat and threw up a little in the bathroom. Luckily, the AC guys repaired it after a few hours and it started cooling down enough to be tolerable by noon. Was going to go to the gym after work, but after the amount of water I sweated out at work, I decided maybe being severely dehydrated and going for a walk wasn't the best plan lol.

But on the upside, I woke up at 265.8lb! I'm down almost 7lbs since Thursday's doctor's appt. I'm thinking I must have been super bloated from eating mostly fast food and stress. Ate pretty well today: Cheerios/milk and RedBull for breakfast, chicken salad with bread for lunch, vegetarian lasagna and two pieces of chicken for dinner. Drank two root beers, a Powerade and lots of water. Feeling good.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well
  • Lemon: Oh yikes! So sorry to hear about the cut! Sounds super painful and also very inconvenient. I would definitely walk around in sandals 58degrees or no. I hate pain! I hope it heals soon. Do you have to do anything to it, or just leaving it alone. And I hear you on getting fed up with the diet. You can't be on top of everything all the time. Sometimes it's just time to take a break. Really sorry to hear about your A1C going up. Mine went just barely into the pre-diabetic range for a while but that REALLY freaked me out. Avocados are just the best, aren't they? So satisfying! As for me, I have to confess that I kind of went HOG WILD on clothes. I'm not traveling internationally, but I am going to be traveling domestically and honestly, not a single thing I was wearing last year fits at all. They're all just laughably too big. I've already given almost everything away! So, I kind of started from scratch and bought black pants, a white shell and a black shell, a white button down, a leather jacket, you know kind of interchangeable but stylish stuff that I can travel with. I am figuring that I'm not going to lose much more than about 10 more lbs because I just don't think my body will go much lower than that, so I felt comfortable buying new clothes. Because I'm a nut job, I kind of veer back and forth between thinking that I look so awesome and stylish and thinking that I look super fat SIGH. So much of how we think we look is in our heads!!!

Diane: Glad to hear that the tooth is finally on the mend. That was a long haul with pain so it's not surprising that it takes something out of you. Funny about the relatives! I was thinking "oh, that's probably what some of my relatives think about me!" :-) And thanks for the support about getting so close to breaking the 200 lb mark. It is really exciting to be so close!!!! I'm a total nut job and so a lot of the time I just walk around feeling as fat as ever, so I'm really looking forward to getting to 196 so that I can remind myself that I'm not longer obese!

Amanda: Yay you!!! You must feel absolutely awesome to see that you are already 7 pounds down on the scale, and even if some of that was bloat, or whatever, it doesn't matter because you are on your way!!!!!!! I like your positive attitude and how you are taking it one step at a time. It must be hard to work on cutting down on drinking sugar drinks when it's so darn hot and there is no AC. Glad it got fixed. I'm one of those people who struggles to drink enough plain water, but I can share with you what I've done that has worked for me, although it took A WHILE to develop a new habit. I have a 32oz hydroflask. To me it is just a MIRACLE that it will keep ice from melting for 24 hours even if I leave it in the hot car or out in the sun. So, I fill the hydroflask with ice and water and then I add a flavor packet, like crystal light. I've tried a million flavors and there are only a few that I like a lot. Then I sip that ice water all day long. Somehow, the fact that it stays icy AND has a sweet flavor is enough for me. I especially like the Stur brand, which has some calories, I think 30 per package, because it doesn't taste unnatural. It took me a while to get on board with it, but now I carry it around like a champ.

So, me... 200.9 this morning. I feel like the scale gods are going to literally toy with me and have me eek down toward onederland a tenth of a pound at a time! But on the plus side, I'm still going down, so that's good. We've been having crazy nice weather in LA. Usually this time of year is really hot, to the point that I was gearing up to possibly buy an AC unit for my bedroom because I just didn't think I could handle it for another year, but, knock on wood, it's just been nice. So, uber pretty much just cruising along! Hope ya'll are having a good weekend.

Dread: Yay for you on the 7 pounds! That has to make you feel great with a nice start to the weight loss. Glad you were able to work out the fight issue with the boyfriend! It is good for everyone to get the feelings out there, but then work through it to resolve it so that you can move on without being upset for forever!

Uber: Yeah, you knew it couldn't go quickly below 200! You'll sneak under there before too long and then maybe the next couple of pounds will go faster! That's nice that you were able to get some new clothes. It doesn't help to look all sloppy in clothes that are just too big. It's hard to give in to the lower sizes, wanting to wait until you are completely done, but you've lost so much, I'm sure it was needed!!!

As for me, I'm back to weighing and I went to spin. I've started out well with logging food, so I also need to keep that going. It was pretty tough to be back at spin, my legs were getting used to not doing anything! Ha! But it also felt good to have the muscle soreness. I did a lot of yard work yesterday, but didn't get to go on a hike. Just ran out of time.
  • uber: I can't wait until I'm at the point where I have to redo my wardrobe (and get a whole new set of nice scrubs and not the cheap ones I've got now lol). Getting enough water at work is a HUGE issue for me. I've been trying to slowly bring up my intake but it's been rough. I'm thinking of buying one of the water bottles that has tickers that can track how much you've had for the day. Or I could just stop being lazy and track it in my Fitbit lol. The scale gods are def toying with you! Stay strong, you're so close!!

Slash: It really, really does feel good to see the big jump on the scale lol. Congrats on getting back in the game! It feels good to be making progress again Hopefully you'll get that hike in soon!

Work has been brutal the last few days. Diet has been kind of eeeehhhhhhhh. BUT, I did 20min on the treadmill and 10min on the stairmaster at the gym today, so that was a win. I'm also 500 steps away from 10,000 steps today, so also pretty cool. Tomorrow, I'm going to try and convince my boyfriend to go with my dog and me to the park to do a couple laps (and maybe catch a couple Pokemon while I'm there ).
  • Won’t bother w the scale

But I just aim today to start to change my outlook - it’s been quite sour of late to the point of avoidance. That said I aim to eat nicely today and within calories. I will try to be brave and step on the scale at some point this week. I’m leaning toward it being way high again.

Hello to all but personals later - I’ve got a few appointments today so I’ll be running all around I’m sure. As for my foot - no stitches and it’s healing on its own - I’m a barefoot gal when at home and his haloen d when visiting w family. I knew better I just didn’t think it’d get me like it did. So bandaids and neosporin are where I’m at now. It’s the deep part that’s healing now. Soon I say - my goal this week is to get a laced shoe on my foot.

Ok - I’m off to get news and pricing on ortho for a kiddo. Not sure what we’ll hear as I’m keeping thousands of dollars in my mind right now so I’m not too disappointed when given the paperwork proposal.

Joy. Happy day all! Good luck finding nice numbers!
  • Closing this thread due to 500+ posts.

Here is the new link - see you over there!