Hiya. Here to remake me!

• Hi, My name is Donni and I am here for some support for my weight loss. I have been having issues for years getting down on my weight. June of last year I finally got to see 179lbs. I was so excited because it has been so long since that low of a number has been on my scale.
    Then Life happened. I had to move for my job, which put me living with my mother.... (we won't go there) I never felt like I could cook for myself there. Then my kids came to visit and so did the weight, and it stayed and invited friends. Now I am at 222 and I am 5'5 1/2. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I have trouble shaving my legs, I cant see my feet unless I bend over, I can feel the difference in my body and it is so depressing.
    My thyroid is enlarged so now I am on medication for that. I have spent the last 3 months walking and eating right and I gained weight.
    So my doctor decided to put me on Phentermine. I started it on 3/10/18. It is the weirdest feeling. I will also be starting the gym.

I have all of my measurements and my weight written down along with pictures . I am only going to weigh in and do measurements on Saturdays when I first wake up. I hope to meet some great people here and get the support I need.

• Hi Donny, I'm Janet and like you life slapped me down this winter. Out of work, I returned to school with to much time in a seat between homework and classes. Recently returned to work and still have certification exams to take. No medical conditions so I have that to be thankful for but I do tend to put away the snacks while studying. I am here to remake me also! Decided this morning that this basketball I call a stomach has got to go. When I gain weight, it does not evenly distribute!!! It will probably take me 20 to 30 pounds to do it. We are the same height and I am at 194, funny I was at 184 in October. I have access to this site through my company's wellness program, and in a moment of free time I stumbled on it. I am inspired, and it was great to find someone starting their journey at the same time!
    I will be a cheerleader for everyone on this journey as I know it's going to make the trip easier for all! I am putting together a 20 minute workout for myself from the advice on the main page. I doubt I will make the full 20 minutes with out some serious gasping time in between at first, but I get up early in the mornings and do have the time then. I am guilty of being a bit of a social media junkie and need to break that habit, hoping this will do it!
  • Hi Donny! welcome aboard!