February Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 15
Go to
  • Woodstock and TooManyDimples so sorry about you being sick. Hope you get better soon and back on track

yangtzer Don't let that guilt derail you. You've done it before you can get back on track today, forget yesterday, and keep moving forward!

Opheliaphoenix Nice drop for you too! I'm crossing my fingers for you to reach that milestone and I know you will do it!

gail28 Congrats on moving in the right direction, you can do it!

flower1 I just had that plateau experience last week too. You'll see results!

SantaClaritaDiet Welcome!

Well, popped back up today but still down for the week. I was out during the day and missed lunch so I ate very late to try and stay in the right calorie range so i'm guessing that's what caused this bump. I'm just keeping on doing what i'm doing.

Week One
    01: 280.9
    02: 280.9
    03: 280.9
    04: 280.4
    05: 280
    06: 278.9
    07: 280
    ----------------------------
    Total Loss for Week One: -.9
  • SW 170.0
    CW 170.0

Goal 165.0

Still stuck at 170, despite being on plan.
  • Hello all -

opheliaphoenix - Your lightheadedness may indicate a potassium deficiency. Try eating a banana? Did you feel okay at your last workout, if you fit it in?

yangtzer - Today is a new day.

TooManyDimples - I hope that you feel better!

Slimmer_Me - Hang in there. Plateaus are no fun, but they don't last forever.

As for me, today I'm just focusing on starting up my calorie counting again. I'm not a super-detailed calorie counter (you know, counting coffee as 5 calories per cup...), but even my lazy-style calorie counting has worked for me in the past.

My next challenge will be to hit the gym tomorrow and Friday mornings to cardio it up a bit. I'd better pick out my outfit tonight and set my alarm!
  • gail28: Thank you! And, congrats on getting back to last month's low!

Joe: I am sorry you had another rough night last night. Try not to feel too guilty...it happens to us all sometimes, and today is a new day. Take it one day at a time until you are back to the point where you are not as tempted to binge. I hope tonight is easier for you!

Kim: Fingers crossed, lol. And, congrats on another nice loss! I am sorry to hear you caught that nasty cold, though. I hope it passes more quickly than it did for your daughter!

momtopands: I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, too! Haha. And, I'll bet your right that the scale is simply reflecting a later eating time and will be back on track tomorrow.

Slimmer Me: Stay consistent like you have been, and it should catch up to you...I hope you see your loss soon!

SantaClaritaDiet: I didn't get it in afterall, because we got home later than I expected. However, you could be right about the potassium deficiency! I've been on a blood pressure medication since having my youngest back in 2014 (developed pre-eclampsia during pregnancy, and it resulted in lingering pressure issues), and I always used to take a potassium pill with it, because a lot of blood pressure meds can deplete it...but, when we moved here to Arizona back in June, the new doctor here didn't think I needed it for the specific medication I was using, so - come refill time a couple months ago - he denied the new fill for it. So, I haven't been taking anything extra since then. They told me to come back after not taking it for awhile to get my bloodwork redone to check my potassium levels to see if it was affected at all, and I still haven't gone in to update it. I should probably do that this week, just to check it out...so, thanks for the tip and subsequent reminder to get that updated! In the meantime, I will also remember to keep one of our bananas on hand in case I get lightheaded again (since it has been happening a lot in the past month or two while standing up, but just got really bad the other day while working out) to see if it helps.

----------------------------------------------------

Up just a smidge to 197.8, so I'm happy to have kept most of my whoosh. I am still hoping I can hit 197 or below before tomorrow's appointment, but I guess being a few ounces shy won't be the end of the world if I don't. I'm sure I was a few ounces above 297.0 at one point when I wasn't weighing myself, so it will still count enough to me mentally...I think I'm just being a Virgo about it and want things exact, lol. I didn't end up doing a workout last night because we got home after 9pm, but I will FOR SURE be doing one today with that on the line tomorrow.

Week One
    01: 199.8
    02: 199.6
    03: 198.8
    04: 198.6
    05: 199.4
    06: 197.6
    07: 197.8
    Total Loss for Week One: 1.6 lbs.

• Start: February 1, 2018 ~ 255
    Goal for the month ~ 243 (12lbs)
    Current Weight ~ 252.8
    Lbs to go ~ 9.8

2/1 ~ 255
    2/2 ~ 255.4 (+.4) TOM
    2/3 ~ 256.8 (+1.4) TOM
    2/4 ~ 258 (+1.2) TOM

2/5 ~ 257.4 (-.6) TOM
    2/6 ~ 255.2 (-2.2)
    2/7 ~ 253.8 (-1.4)
    2/8 ~ 252.8 (-1)

Ended up doing pretty well with my macros yesterday, was short on water and didn't exercise though. Still feeling the cold hard so should be a similar day today.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • Week Two
    08: 280.2
    09:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    End of Week One: -0.9
    Total Loss for Week Two:
  • Welcome, SantaClaritaDiet!

ange82much: 4.4 lbs
    Finallyfreekelly: 12 lbs
    flower1: 4 lbs
    gail28: 6 lbs
    gardenerjoy: 1 kg
    kfunk6113: 9 lbs
    momtopands: 8 lbs
    opheliaphoenix: 10 lbs
    SantaClaritaDiet: 8 lbs
    Slimmer_me: 5 lbs
    TooManyDimples: 12 lbs
    wallace: 8 lbs
    wantochange: 4 lbs
    WebWoman: 11 lbs
    Woodstock: 8 lbs
    yangtzer: 8 lbs
  • The scale moved today but not in the right direction. I haven't exercised in a couple of days so I'm going to go for a long walk today. Maybe this will get things moving in the right direction again.

Great job everyone.

Feb Start Weight: 134.2
    Feb Weight Loss Goal: 4 lbs.
    End of Month Goal: 130.2

01: 134.2
    03: 133.2
    04: 133.4
    06: 133.4
    08: 134.2
  • Hi All! It has been a good lesson this week and a reminder that although i feel that I've been doing well lately, I can't relax from good nutrition on the weekends. Although my workouts were good last weekend (before i got sick) i gave myself permission to have a few cheat meals. I don't think I actually gained 2.5 real lbs, but the net result is that here I am at the exact same position i was a week ago whereas if i kept on plan all through the week AND weekend, i'd be in a different place now. Stating the obvious of course but hopefully this will help me rethink my choices this weekend!

Take care everyone!

Starting Weight: 151.0 (Jan 31)
    Goal Weight: 143.0 (-8lbs)

Feb 1: 150.4 (-.6)
    Feb 2: 150.5 (+.1)
    Feb 3: 152.4 (+1.9)
    Feb 4: dnw
    Feb 5: dnw
    Feb 6: 153.0 (+.6)
    Feb 7: 151.3 (-1.7)
    Feb 8: 150.5 (-.8)

delta to date: -.5
  • Finally, a drop to 168.6.
    GW 165.0
  • momtopands - good plan to keep doing what you are doing. I'm with you on having had a bump up but will also take what I have as a down for the week!

SantaClaritaDiet - I'm like you... my approach is calorie deficits but i don't do detailed counting at every meal. I like to eat the same or similar things each day so i know what works... usually... lol

opheliaphoenix - way to go with the recent woosh! Hope all was well at your appointment today.

TooManyDimples - I'm sorry to hear you are still under the weather. I am so fortunate that whaterver hit me came and went so quickly. Great job keeping your focus and your great progress!!

flower1 - have a great walk - I hope its not too cold where you are. In Toronto here and it's -5C today.

Joe - i hope your day is going well today - hang in there!

Everyone - have a great day!!
  • Thank you all so much for your kind words, I am determined to reach my goal.
    Anybody watching the winter Olympics? Joe
  • Kim: Another nice loss...and, still wishing you a speedy recovery from the cold!

flower1: I hope you enjoy your walk today and that it does the trick to get the scale moving in the right direction again!

Woodstock: Thank you! I was relieved when it turned out okay today. And, I bet you're right that you gain is just a temporary bump up from water/bloat from the weekend...best of luck this coming weekend!

Slimmer Me: Yay, glad you finally got a little whoosh!

----------------------------------------------------

Today was the day for the haircut, so I took some before and afters! I will post them below. I'm just a couple ounces shy of my "real" milestone at 197.2, but it was still nice to celebrate it today with a little pampering and a new cut...my hair was so long that it was past my butt, touching the back of my legs, and starting to look & feel super scraggly and thin...it feels SO much healthier now! What do you guys think???

Week Two
    08: 197.2
    09:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    End of Week One: 197.8
    Total Loss for Week Two:
  • yangster - I started a 16 Day Olympic Weight loss Challenge. See thread if you would like to join

ophelia - Thanks and I had a nice walk. You look great in your picture! Nice haircut.
  • Happy Friday! What's your favourite sports to watch in the winter Olympics? Joe