2018 - anyone out there?

• Happy New Year! Anyone looking for MRC support? I just started...again. Looking forward to 2018!
  • Yep! Will be starting over on Tuesday when we get home from vacation. I will check back then. It has been years since I have been on here. I am glad the site is still around.
  • I'm here! I lost 114lbs back in 2010-2011, then stopped posting while I was maintaining for several years. Had my first child, did well afterwards (only gained 10lbs that stuck). Had twins, did well through the pregnancy (only showed a 5lb gain after delivery & swelling went down)... and then gained like 40lbs in the twins' first (hellacious) year, and another 10lbs since last spring.

So, I'm back.
  • I remember you!
    Quote: Yep! Will be starting over on Tuesday when we get home from vacation. I will check back then. It has been years since I have been on here. I am glad the site is still around.
    PBolton1, I remember you!! I'm glad to see a familiar face, at least!

What happened to this forum? There used to be so many people here!
  • I think forums and online communities were a new and growing thing years ago. I am mostly on facebook now, but I really need to stay away and get more real world stuff done. I kept my 80lbs off for over 5 years then moved to dark and dreary Montana. Yoyo'd 60 lbs over those 7 years. We have moved back to the sunshine of New Mexico, so I am hoping to get this back off again.

I also just don't use my laptop much anymore, and I keep losing my passwords to get into here. Gonna try a bit though.
  • I'm here!! Restarting on Sunday. Gained most of my weight back because I like wine too much. I'm on a work trip right now and have very little control over what and when I eat, so when I get home Saturday I am going to go shopping and get all of my stuff to start preconditioning. I'm going to try to do it without going to the center except to buy my drinks.
  • Hi All I did the plan back back in 2007 and did really well. I've moved and there isn't an MRC near me anymore. I still have all my paperwork and can buy the protein drinks and other products online so I'm going to do the plan on my own. Is there anything new that I should know since you are restarting after several years? Back in the day it was protein/carb for breakfast, protein/veggie/fruit for lunch, and protein/veggie/carb at dinner. It worked back then so I'm sure it will work again!!
  • Hi Windyleal. Welcome to 3FatChicks. Even if there are not many following the same plan you are on, there are a lot of threads around the forum offering support regardless of what plan you are following. Look around and see what discussions interest you, and jump right in!
  • I just started again, but I am doing it on my own. I kept all the weight off for almost two years. Since Christmas I have not been following a healthy diet so I gained about 10 lbs.
    Now, I am energized and like to lose those last 10-15 pounds again.

CC
  • RE: MRC More menu
    Hi everyone,

I just started back to MRC after being on atkins and I was successful but this last year has been down hill and i've gained 15 lbs back. I did preconditioning for 7 days and lost 3.6 lbs yahoo!
    Sunday i started the Metabolic More menu and following this plan. So far so good. Good luck to us all.

• I am starting on Monday... we can do it together and keep each other motivated!
  • Doing it on my own
    Quote: Hi All I did the plan back back in 2007 and did really well. I've moved and there isn't an MRC near me anymore. I still have all my paperwork and can buy the protein drinks and other products online so I'm going to do the plan on my own. Is there anything new that I should know since you are restarting after several years? Back in the day it was protein/carb for breakfast, protein/veggie/fruit for lunch, and protein/veggie/carb at dinner. It worked back then so I'm sure it will work again!!

I did MRC in 2004 and had great success, but life took hold of me and here I am. Has the plan changed a lot? I have the old yellow, blue, and green menus
  • I did the program back in 2005-2006. I am not familiar with the metabolic more program. Is it a different program altogether or just an upgrade and name change? I know they added several programs after I left, vegan, TMAD, something where you had meal replacements daily instead of meals....

I tried keto for a while. I feel good but not much weight loss, so I am back on program today. I wish I had a center near me now. Yes it is expensive, but I need 'person in my face' support ;-) i tried doing the program over the phone, but it was too easy to just not answer the phone and ignore them!
  • Did this diet years ago & loved it. I've lost the blue & green. Anyone have one they could email or msg. me? It was days 5-10 & on.
  • thank you everyone