January to Spring Challenge

You're on Page 7 of 13
Go to
  • boop You are one of the most consistent people that I know when it comes to staying on plan. I have a feeling that you will end up whooshing right past your 100 milestone!!
  • Hey guys - happy Friday and Groundhog Day!!

I have been sick AGAIN - I feel like I've been sick for 3 months. This time it took 2 antibiotics and steroids to get me back on my feet. I thought getting healthy was suppose to improve your health - meh whatever. I am not moving down this scale this week with all the steroids, hope it doesn't jack up my goals for spring, but it is what it is. One has to be able to breathe and function to lose weight.

Off to work! Make it a good one.
  • Kfunk6113, no I do not have a sodium range, I put all of my food in fat secret and really just try to keep an eye on things I do not like salt or pepper so I never add it to my food. I have read the recommended sodium intake should be under 1500 a day, is this correct? I have had a good week, my calories and exercise have been on point. I was just under my 10,000 steps a couple days but am working the "NRLW" but the scale isn't moving. Guess I need to measure myself to see if there are any changes there.
  • Hello everyone. I am using MFP to track my food intake and while i'm not limiting sodium it tells me how much my daily goal is and how much is in each food. I am shocked at how high my sodium intake is on some days. I will be watching that and hopefully cutting down on it at least a little.

SW: 292.3
    CW: 280(-12.3 so far)
    GW: 277.7(5%)
  • blondie I hope that you recovery very soon!! You should be in for one heck of a whoosh when all of the meds and steroids are out of your system!

C7KB Thank you!! I fell off the wagon HARD over the weekend. Back to it today. I fear that I am back to 180 with everything that I ate. I don't know when I will get back on the scale, but I at least want to wait until I feel less bloated and gross. I am going to start keeping an eye on the amount of sodium that I consume, I like your 1500 goal! Congratulations on your measurements, that is such a good feeling when the scale is bonkers!!

stlrsgrl43 1500 sounds right, and it is what C7KB shoots for as well. Congrats on a great week!! How do you like NRLW? I bought the book last year but never ended up reading it or incorporating the lifts. I would love to start lifting heavy weights though! I would definitely take measurements, I think the scale will be a liar for a while now that you are lifting!
  • Kfunk, i love NRLW, i completed it years ago and lost 60 pounds so back at it again. Seems harder this time tho.
  • Goal #1- 100 pounds lost (173)
    Goal #2- 160

SW:185
    CW:178(-7)
    GW:160

I went way over my calories yesterday and it shows today 🙁
    I was down to 176 yesterday. I know it's just water and will come back down but I am seriously disappointed in myself. I actually contemplated not posting today's weight but decided it's not going to serve me not to own it. It is what is. Moving on!
  • Back down to 176 today. I was so mad at myself yesterday. I didn't eat off plan but I did eat a lot more than I should have. I think I was mostly mad that I made a conscious choice to do it at the end of my day and it felt a lot like that f*** it attitude I had regarding my eating for so long. I will tell you that I visited my sister on Saturday and my 8 year old niece was in the kitchen making cupcakes. Sugar is my downfall and although I've been in the same room with cake a few times since I started this, it really got to me that day.
  • stlrsgrl43 Holy crap, 60 lbs. is awesome!! Did you modify your eating plan during that time? It is great that you are back in to it!!

C7KB how come you got so little sleep? I looked at MFP and looks like they give me 2300 to work with. I am glad that this popped up on my radar to pay attention to! I am sure that if I cut out the diet sodas it would be much, much lower!! Great job on no alcohol and staying to 1600 calories. I hope that sodium from the popcorn goes away soon!!

momtopands do you eat low carb? I went back through MFP journals and notice that on the days I eat more carbs (the healthy kind of carbs) my sodium is much lower than on the days I eat lower carb.

boop I am so glad that you are back down to 176 today! Are you still trying to stay around 1200 calories per day? I will say that it is impressive that you stayed with on plan foods and simply overate, instead of going crazy with everything like I do!
  • kfunk yeah I'm still staying around 1200 calories. I definitely have a harder time on days when I don't have a lot going on. Sunday was definitely one of those days.
  • Sw: 193.4
    cw:187.4 (-6)
    gw: 180

Sick, sick, and more sick is the name of the game at my house. 3 yr old is now sick, I'm still on steroids for a couple of more days. No losses around here this week. I'm just going to keep on, keeping on.

Hope everyone else is having an awesome week!!
  • SW: 193.4
    CW:187 (-6.4)
    GW: 180

Good morning!!

C7KB Thank you, I think (fingers crossed) we are over the worst of it.

Down today, done with the stupid steroids (stopped a day early, so done with no sleep and how sick it makes me feel) - yay!
  • kfunk No, I don't eat low carb, not deliberately anyway. I eat rice, potatoes, or pasta every single day. However I do practice portion control so I think that naturally keeps it down for me. I looked back at my MFP nutrient goals and i've never gone above my daily carb goal. I've long had an issue with WAY too much salt, it doesn't matter what i'm cooking. I always use too much so I have to deliberately think about cutting it down. Looking back at my diary i've never stayed anywhere near my sodium goal. Some days i've more than doubled it. Who knew hot sauce had so much sodium(800mg) while the potato chips I put it on has so little(comparatively speaking)? My recipe for skinny blueberry muffins has even more than the hot sauce(933)! My recipe for Southwestern Chicken soup has more than i'm supposed to have in a day(and I don't even like it that much). Guess it's back to my other recipes next week!
  • blondie Glad to hear that you are feeling better and off the steroids, I bet you have more losses as the medications leave! I hope your little one feels better soon and doesn't infect the other kiddos!

boop I agree with everything that C7KB said! That is awesome that you constantly stick with 1200 calories!! I hear you, I do much better on workdays when I have much more going on to keep me occupied.

C7KB That is awesome that you were able to stay at 1600 calories even though you had such a long day, and did yardwork on top of it!! Great job passing up the reeses at the store! Fat Tuesday will be here before you know it and all the temptation that went along with it will be a thing of the past!!

momtopands I do not limit my carbs either, but do eat a big bowl of oatmeal every day so that isn't helpful in keeping them down. Sodium is on my radar lately, it is so sneaky! Like you say, its in the strangest places!! I hope that you are able to find some recipes that don't have as much in them!!
  • SW: 193.4
    CW:186 (-7.4)
    GW: 180

Kfunk - Looks like we made it to the other side of sick! I can't wait for spring and less germs. I am getting my drop now hoping for a good couple of weeks! How are you doing?