10 Regainers regaining control and relosing!

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • Grumble time: so I went to the grocery. Why is it that generally I get the young single dude as a bagger (yes my grocery still does that for customers!) and they ALWAYS ALWAYS overload the bags so that as you pick them up they split. Just sayin!

Sakai: that sounds neat the Easter egg chicks. Do you have to buy from a local hatcher? Can you do mailorder? Like this one? I seem to recall a friend of mine got poultry through them.

And your man- I’m sorry he’s worried. I have a lipoma. They are stupid and worrisome until you have an MRI and spend oodles and then they tell you they are stupid and FATTY and not worrisome . Anywho - I know the worries associated with the unknown and waiting. Is their anything you can help him in lightening his mood? My DH has winter depression until this past winter - we had both a trip to FL and I have been making him take certain probiotics daily as I read they are finding people w some types of depression have poor gut health, clean that up depression goes away. It seemed to work for him these last few months. I’m not saying it’s a cure all but a helper. Will his worries subside once he has a dx? Hang in there I know it’s hard when you have a glass say empty guy.

Diane: have you all had animals long? Did you grow up on a farm?

Jen: I know on the same size and totally different. The smallest I ever have been as a teen was an 11/12 but that was back in the 80s when styles were simply horrid and sadly making their way right in back now. I weighed 130, same height. Sadness on my looking forward to a 4! I haven’t been except as a toddler! Don’t get me going on bras again - I got a DDD it fits, for now, on clearance. I plan to look clearance again this weekend when we do errands. As for undies the Walmart has the cheapies on clearance at mine - I got 4 pair for $5. One of the special wicking Hanes type I think or maybe fruitof the loom. Whichever - I just needed new that looked nice and fit a bit better but evidently not so great. So I’ll wear for a while and maybe get to 200 and try again. Hah, 200! We’ll have to trade measurements some day - I have half Eastern European ancestry and Germanic - take that for what it’s worth. Big boned, swarthy, solid, brick sh!thouse - whatever terms to describe it. I have a sibling that loves to tell everyone how fine boned they are they will never be fat. Oh I hope the fat karma finds them soon!

Toasted: new foods to look into at the store: dragon fruit, yucca root and something that was 8.99 a piece. I seem to recall it was spelled like pimello but I haven’t gone to look and see if that’s it. I did load up on veg, bunches of kohlrabi today were 1.29/3. Usually they can be higher priced w small vegheads. These were good sized and I like snacking on them. Dinner will be chicken breast and a big salad and a string cheese. DH and I met for lunch and had KFC. I had a breast (he had the skin - yuck) and coleslaw. So I’ll have to be good tonight and through tomorrow. I’ll let you know tomorrow what’s on the breakfast front but I’m feeling a need to switch it up.

Am: so I’m home and have groceries away and not at all thrilled that the burger was packed in Arkansas. Um - how is that fresh? I need to see what the local meat locker has a lb for and get it that way instead. At least it’s a local beef and the weirdness factor of remaining a “happy pink” color for so long as it travels won’t gross me out.

I have some new produce names to investigate as I said to toasted. Who knows how they are made or prepared but I’ll check and see if anything trips my trigger. I had to chuckle at the young guy buying two pounds of ginger roots. Wonder what for?

Jen - btw investigating new places is fantastic! My ILS prefer the sameosameo and I don’t mind going back but I also love seeing something different. Life’s too short to not check out something new. Even in you own state challenge yourself to find someplace you’ve never been. We did that and fell in love w An area far north. To the point my DH dreams he could retire there and be happy as a clam. I myself would worry about the winter and heavy lake snow - but I’m not a huge winter fan!

Ok, well I’m off to read on yucca root. Happy aft all!
    133 oz water
    No walk

Argh. The only thing about weighing daily is that it has the crappy way of giving you some outlook to your day depending on the number. But I’ll just give it a drop kick on out of here and move on. I expected it. I had hoped just maybe but that wasn’t enough. Hah. And it’s a Friday! My mini goal is to keep it steady and hopefully edge downward. Weekends are hard to achieve this but I’ll try.

Not too much exciting here - it’s a huge laundry day and I need to clean my youngests room. That kid is a tornado times 10 when they decide to “play” and have their imagination going. I’ll have them help for a bit but I know the interest is more to pull out then put away.

So I’ll get the day going and see what I can find on this crazy journey to do better. I’ll pop in as y’all post. Happy Friday to all!

Edited to add: man has the sadness hit me. The oldest got on the bus and I know my day ahead is to be busy but all of a sudden I was hit w a wave of sad. Who the heck knows why. And because of it I broke my fast way too early and had sweet because I have not yet reprogrammed my noggin to NOT turn to sweets. Alas I better get an egg eaten or I will be crawling the cabinets for sugar. No thanks. Maybe it’s that it’s snowing again. I don’t know.

Off to go deal with it all.
  • Diane, we didn’t go to Red Lobster, but a local restaurant that has that as it’s soup of the day every Wednesday. It’s a great restaurant, but not terrible “diet friendly”. I agree with Jenni that your scale seems off. Or maybe it just takes you a few more days to get rid of any weekend splurges? Either way, you’re doing well. Your logic amused me. Made me remember how, back in college, my friends and I would get together for exercise class, decide we weren’t in the mood, then stay home and feast on snacks they got at their job at the dorm cafeteria.

Toasted – Wow! All the fruit you listed! I think tropical would be awesome. I could become a fruitarian! Well, maybe not…but here one day it’s in the 60’s and the next kale is freezing – Kale never freezes! I’m TIRED of our weather and not being able to grow anything this spring!

Jenni – Life is short! Grab it while you can! I hope your husband continues to mend.

Sakai – Prayers for your husband’s good health! I hope you are right and his worries are needless.

Lemon – If there’s one thing I need it’s more fresh produce! If you were close, I’d give you venison. We rarely buy meat now; Chicken breasts and the occasional pork product, loins or ham. We buy beef only on super rare occasions. I’ve gotten so used to venison that beef is a real treat. Frankly, I’m kind of sick of venison…but it’s what we have. I’m sorry to hear you hit a sad spot in your day. Hang in there Hun…we all get the blues now and then.

So…weekday meals have been pretty good really. Other than the Oops! Bisque soup incident day, I’ve been under on calories, BUT this weekend will be different. Sunday is our anniversary. We’re trying to decide between this really, really nice steakhouse we’ve never been to - $30 and up per person is WAY outside our usual budget! – and taking the train to a wine country town nearby and wandering there a bit. Or maybe something else. BUT, food WILL be eaten and we WON’T be counting calories at dinner.

I’m still tired. Not BEAT, but tired. I really am looking forward to sleeping in this weekend! Yes! Sleep. Bed. That sounds awesome!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend! for you all!

• Lemon: weighing daily has its moments. I weigh once or twice a week. I shoot for once a week because it will give you a number of how much was lost that week. Sometimes my body doesn't let go for 10-14 days then I get a whoosh. Our bodies are really weird. So I think it is about the mindset. I know easier said than done. I'm sorry your having an emotional day I do that every now and then. And I think you hit it I would like to be trained in various areas I think it makes someone very versatile.

Lil: Thanks! And happy early Anniversary!!!! Those are always so special. My hubby and I were married with the justice of peace so I always said at our 10 or 15 year we would have a wedding. Well 10 year is 2019 and that feels like it went buy so fast!

So I wanted to share a little of what I learned in class. We can use it in our personal lives and I thought it was cool! It's called BE DO HAVE. It works from right to left. Have is the want, Do is the action, and Be is the mindset. The questions we ask is:. What do we want to have? What do we have to do to have what was listed? And what mindset do we have to be in to do the things we have to do to get what we desire? So you do a chart and list it all out. It has been huge for me especially when it comes to mindsets.

Hope this helps someone as much as it did me!
  • Thank Jenni! I bet you'll have an awesome "wedding" next year! The Be, Do, Have thing was interesting. Have to think about that.

BUT - I really am posting just to say:

I'M NUMBER 500!!!!

• Hah! Good going Lil!

I started a new thread because I didn't want my posting loped off!

New thread here!