10 Regainers regaining control and relosing!

You're on Page 13 of 34
Go to

Well I’m sliding the abacus back down.

I’ve got a sick child home today with more flu like symptoms then cold - really now - do you just weather it through pushing fluids and ibuprofen? You keep reading people who go in right away and are admitted. I hate this sick type of season with all the unknowns.

I’m glad my weight has come down a bit and I have two hurdles this week - the cake and date night. For date night I’ll just immediately lop off a chunk of the meal - Olive Garden - to box up and fill up on the salad. I like their breadsticks but those aren’t good for me either. And the theater - we’ll maybe I’ll just pack some gum.

So I’m melting right now. A little bit each moment. It’s kind of funny I woke up around 130 and hopped on the scale after I used the bath - at that point I was 225 and by the time I woke for the day 630 - I had today’s weigh in number. Funny how the body works and processes the day before as you sleep.

Though it drives me nuts - the daily weigh in seems to keep me on track. The only thing I’m not a fan of is how it can move my daily mood depending on a stinky number. And with the TOM hanging in limbo - I think it adds to my fluctuation.

Diane: are you picking up a new top to go w the new do? Find a color that works well w the new tones! Did you get your sandals?

Toasted: how goes your numbers? When do you get to leave for Bali? And are you planning just local travels until then?

Jen: so are you doing a whole house reno? That may be contributing to your hands if you are doing a lot of hand work - or trigger pulling (nailer). Try this exercise and see if it helps your hand feel less a problem. These type of stretches help me when I have done too much of the pulling, grabbing, cutting, lifting, spraying things in my day which has irritated tendons. I do them to make it feel a bit more open and take the numb that results away.

Laurie: are you relaxing and sunning oneself?

Lil: how are you feeling? Are you back on the road to recovery?

Hello all!

Happy day ahead for you each. Enjoy your day and remember we are this much closer to spring!
  • Hey guys, super quick check in because I want to leave and go home soon (it's 6.40pm and I should have left since 5... sighhhh!!!!) Anyway, so, how goes everyone? On this end, I've been doing so-so. I worked out yesterday but not today but I still have faint hopes of doing SOMETHING, anything when I get home even though it's already late. My eating hasn't been fantastic, it's not been awful, but it's not been as on point as it needs to be if I'm serious. I need like maybe 100-200 more calories of daily discipline especially since I'm not white-knuckling it at 1200 daily calories. I haven't stepped on a scale since last week because I KNOWW!!! But I will tomorrow just to get another sitrep.

Lemonthyme: I'm totally failing at my one New Year resolution but it's not stopping me from trying daily. In my country, you don't get an F till you have less than 45% (an A is 75%- the exams are different and graded in a different way that doesn't encourage high marks) so it's not official that I've failed i I can be on track even half the time. I hope you don't actually have a cold and that your kids feel better soon. Sending you hugs and strength to deal with poorly kiddos.

Jenni: I actually have Zanzibar as well on my African bucket list. I've never been but I'd love to go. My US bucket list has Wyoming (because as a kid I watched ALLLLL the Hallmark ranchin', fishin' and farmin' movies and they were all shot in gorgeous Wyoming); I want to go to a Dakota because I've never met anyone in real life who's from or been to one; I want to go to Oregon because it's not as overexposed as California but seems cooler (like when you know a band before they're popular, that kind of cool); and New Mexico or Arizona (to see some buttes and mesas)- maybe Arizona over New Mexico though, because I just read a motorcycle romance set in Arizona and I can see the buttes and mesas in familiarly-named places. Home improvement does sound like a major undertaking but it sounds like something you lowkey sort of enjoy doing and not just something you're doing because you have to- wrong assumption or right assumption?

Diane: Yessss with the weekend of exercising! Spin and hiking, okay now I'm inspired. I HAVE TO do something when I get home even if it's just some squats and weights.

Okay guys, I'm going to pack up to leave now. My goal for the evening is to eat within calories AND to do some exercise for at least 20 minutes. Wishing you all a fab rest of the day!

Lemon: No, probably not going to get anything else new. Honestly, I have already planned to do my grocery shopping on Friday after work and get all of my errands done early, so that after I get my hair done, I can go home. I have a feeling I'm going to freak out a little bit at least, maybe a lot. I am confident that I'm doing the right thing, but I also know that it will be a big change, and I'll have to get used to it. I don't think I'll be up to seeing anyone right away!! Maybe I'll be surprised and just be thrilled, but planning for the other reaction of being a little horrified. Ha! I haven't ordered any sandals. It will take me a while for that. I have to mull it over.

Toasted: Hope you got your exercise in! Sometimes it is hard to do, that's for sure. But for me, the food is the biggest hurdle I have. If it could just be easy for us, that would help!!!!

As for me, I braved the scale this morning and it was up. I'm not thrilled with that, but I'm going to be patient. Partially because I have told too many people that they need to be patient, but also because I just don't know if this hormonal time is having an effect. I don't have a reason, except for changing my hair, but I just feel very anxious/nervous this week. Who knows what that is all about. We'll just see how the week goes. I'll still check daily, but I'll try to be ok with whatever it is.

Anyway, food was on plan yesterday. It was close, but I made it under the limit. I went to spin today and it was yet another brutal class, so I'm hoping that will help. I'll go tomorrow and lift weights. As the weekend is getting closer, it looks to be pretty nice, in the 50's. I'll definitely go hiking. I won't be able to go to spin in the morning since that's when my hair appointment is, but maybe get another hike in at some point. We'll see.
  • Now I think all in my bunch are in various stages of being ill including myself. More than ready for spring!

I was just looking in the mirror and I swear I have developed a wonky shape - I’m not sure what it is. When I first lost 15 lbs it looked like a landslide to the belly area. Now it looks like I stapled a wad of dough to my belly area. The upper belly looks full and stick-out like. I’m not sure - maybe if I can get to the teens I’ll look at myself differently. Who knows!

Diane: well, I understand being nervous about such a change and I would have to believe feeling like you don’t feel as old as your hair color - but maybe it’s a beautiful shade - I’ve seen some ladies that it just looks sharp on. In my family one side keeps their natural hair color with whites interspersed. The other side becomes a really flat lifeless gray (women only). Thus far I’m sporting lots of whites in a sea of dark. You can do it and if you find it’s just not you - find a shade that’s a compromise with dark and the tone of the gray but maybe something different yet younger looking if that’s what will work. I was talking to my doctor about aging and she said she usually has hi/low lights all the time and she said the last time she was in her gal said we need to consider a different form of attack. She’s just 40 and felt crushed. Hair is an important thing to many. Good luck!

Toasted: I think you just need to plan a 50 state two month holiday. Visit them all, explore and see all those areas you have read on or watched. I’ve been to both dakotas - lots of space and few cities interspersed between. I visited a relative in SD and took the train along the border in ND - if Amtrak were more reliable both in time and safety I’d recommend seeing the country that way as trains get you scenery you don’t see from a highway nor from a plane. But since they run on corporate train tracks, if there is freight on the line you just sit as they take priority and your travel train isn’t of importance. I did the zephyr/coastal/empire route. Beautiful scenery and so different terrains as you go west and back east.

Hello all!

AM: so I haven’t started the water yet today but I did get most of my fasting in. I was 1/2 your early as I was hungry this morning. Will see how the melting worked. I don’t need to worry about Valentine’s Day as it’s ash Wednesday so I’ll be fasting. It’s just date night over the weekend.

Still have no clue at what point w this flu nonsense you call the doctor. It’s not like your body says call now. And especially w a kid who’s not sure how to describe in what you would do.

Have on the pio-woman and she’s making fattening campfire treats. You know I love a smore but darn those babies can be sweet so I usually have only one. Good thought - thinking of a fire pit with warm weather. Delightful especially if the skeeters aren’t out.

Ok - off to check on kids. Happy afternoon. Let’s all melt fat together.
  • So today is not my day. I woke up late and didn't get to respond earlier and I just LOST all my responses to you guys........ and it was a LONG post.

So I give up for today, I will respond to you all tomorrow!!!!!!
  • No w/i

I have kids home and I join them in being sick. Ugh. Spring needs to get here soon. I’ve had enough of this cooped up in the house sharing germs thing to last me years. Mine is that horrid dry cough today that is low and deep and causes other issues for me when I do cough. Ugh. Spring - think spring.

Not too much that is new for me - I didn’t get my water in yesterday only as coffee as I was chilling and drinking cold water just didn’t sound like what I wanted. And I didn’t cook because - ick - miserable so DH brought a pizza home. I didn’t eat much of it but I did have some.

I’ll post more later w personals as you all get here. Happy day all. At least the sun is out. That’s a help. Enjoy the end of week is almost here!
  • I am going to try this again with a fresh new attitude...LOL

Toasted: That is so cool that we have some of the same bucket lists! I hope that you got out of work soon after you posted, that is a long night! I work 4 10's and those days tend to go fast but if I am not out on time I definitely notice! Wyoming is prettier on the western part more toward Utah. I lived in Colorado, and it is beautiful there and close to Wyoming. I live in Oregon so I could tell you some great spots if you ever get over here. I live 1 hour from the coast and 1 hour from the mountains. It is super green, but a lot of rain, hence the green!!! I could talk hours about vacation spots...LOL. We are hoping to get to the virgin islands or Hawaii this year. I am ready for a relaxing vacation! I hope your scale treats you well!

Diane: I know right? I had never heard of a joint replacement in the toe either. It hurts everyday and it is in the same foot as my plantar is the worst. My orthos have helped the plantar symptoms but not my toe. I think surgery is sooner than later. I was hoping to wait until the summer so I don't have to deal with the rain along with the toe healing. I cannot wait to hear about your hair. I agree with Lemon, you need a new shirt or outfit to go with your new do! I hope the scale is a lot nicer to you. It is hard weighing in every day. I don't know how you all do it because it can change my mood even though I know its the girl hormones and fluctuations it still kills me.
    Lemon: We are a slow go for our reno. The floors we did first and I already did the upstairs last year. I haven't started yet, but thank you for the hand exercise tips. I try not to over do myself because my body will scream at me. Having fibro definitely does not help when the muscles are sore. All 6 of us have had the flu in my house. It went around so fast and hit us all. We all got that nasty cough that went along with it too. If you or your children have a fever longer than 5 days are above 104 go in. And if that cough turns into wheezing or liquid in chest go in. I ended up with a sinus, double ear, bronchial infections and needed medication. It is affecting people different and causing a lot more issues. Get rest and take care of yourself!

For me: Super busy at work. I have to work this Friday and I normally do not. That is going to be an adjustment. I am used to resting on Friday's. I am trying to get the first room prepared to start the floors. I have 3 birthdays coming up in the next couple weeks. One daughter turns 7 and I still need to go shopping for her party on Saturday, I do not know how that is going to happen. February is turning out to be a very busy month! I have switched my IF from 4:6 to 18:6 or 19:5. I am hoping the scale starts moving. I think I was overdoing it after not eating for 24 hours. Our bodies are mysterious with this weight loss journey. I am tired of the 240s and want out! Have a great day ladies!
  • Jen: thank you for your flu input. I have a call into our nurse as this child has one tiny red dot on the back of throat but not feverish. I’m not keen to let it take over if it is strep. And the soreness isn’t better as it’s day 3. So we’ll see. Reno’s sound interesting. I have all sorts of ideas for my own house but with time and money they may get done. My DH isnt super handy so you should be glad that the both of you are! Yes give those hands some breaks. I hate when all of a sudden I have days I can’t hold a darn pencil. That’s bad!

Am: today is not going how I had hoped. My IF this am was not to be. I had a kid who wouldn’t drink the small smoothie I made and rather than waste it or refreeze it - I drank it. So maybe weight will be up tomorrow - who knows. I had an egg for lunch - scrambled and my avocado. That usually holds me fairly well until dinner. With everyone sick I may just make a chix veg soup tonight. Nothing fancy but soup I think has lots of opportunities to heal a sick and tired body.

Hopefully the rest of you are well. Diane is probably XP with me now - so hello Diane!

I’m off to help make my house healthy again.

Lemon: Sorry you are all sick! That's never good. It would help if spring were here and we could all get our windows open some and get the germy air moving out. I do have to ask, though... what does it mean when you said I am "XP" with you now?

Jen: Oh, that is too bad that you have to work on Fridays when you're not used to doing that. Dang! Work can be so challenging sometimes!! About your toe, I am not surprised that they can do a joint replacement. I would imagine it is much easier than the larger joints, at least! Hope your new plan for IF works out for you!

For me, I had a much better weigh in this morning. I thought that I might, because finally last night, my wedding ring felt very loose. So, I think it was mostly some kind of water retention. I'm past the TOM issue now, so maybe it will be a little more consistent. And maybe I won't be so aggravated by everything!

I ended up not going to the gym today. I was thinking last night that my legs were feeling very tired and my back was a little achy. Nothing horrible, but when I thought about it, I realized that I haven't had a rest day since last Thursday. So, I just took a rest day today. I'll go back tomorrow for spin class.
  • Anyone try shocking the body to get over a plateau? If so how many calories did you up too and for how many days?
  • I haven’t. The only thing I did to move was start the IF and for a few days/week 1250 calories daily. Maybe I should stick to it as the 220s are hanging around too. And include some more movement in my day. I’m not the best to answer with my paltry results and journey
  • Ubergirl is back (with a twist)
    Hey Everybody!!

I'm back!!! I see some familiar faces (diane, toasted, Laurie, Lilion) and hello to those who don't know me.

So, it's been a while and some DRAMATIC CHANGES on my end. Let's see where to start. A year ago January, I went to my PCP and weighed in at 297, which was not only my highest lifetime weight, depressingly, it was one pound higher than my previous lifetime high, 296, which I hit in 2009 before going on to lose 110 lbs. So, it took me seven years to gain back all the weight I had lost, but I finally got there. In addition, my doc diagnosed me with high blood pressure and pre-diabetes. Not a good look. She referred me to the university obesity center where they immediately told me to consider WLS. I had considered and decided against WLS back in 2008, and I cried all the way through the appointment. I decided I could do it on my own, and I went at it with a vengeance, losing 27 pounds, getting down to 269. I was feeling pretty awesome, but soon enough, I started going back up again. The initial panic I felt about the high blood pressure and pre-diabetes kept me going for about 3 months, but then, it seemed like the medicine was working and so, you know the routine... I started to go back up.

So, I decided to try therapy. I went to a therapist who diagnosed me with binge eating disorder (not that that was a surprise to me!!! And I worked with her for months, but all the while I was working with her, I was actually gaining not losing... and it was frustrating because I feel like I've already tried all of the different stuff, like mindfulness, and etc. and it works for me sometimes, but not enough to keep a good weight loss from turning into a big old backslide.

So, finally, even though I was initially so skeptical and certain that I wasn't going to do it, in the end, I decided that if the definition of stupidity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result, and so I went ahead and did the gastric sleeve. The procedure went fine and I'm down 16 lbs since I did it (30 since the high weight of a year ago.) I'm following a very restricted diet right now, and I'm not having too much trouble sticking to it. Any way, I'm totally not here to suggest that others do what I did, and I don't even know how it's going to work out for me yet, but I do miss you guys over here and so I'm hoping you won't mind if I rejoin the group.

Apart from that, all is going well in my life. Career and family all in a good place. But I do need some mojo to remove my butt from my chair and get ore exercise!
  • Uber: hello! Sounds like you have had a journey - I hope this works for you well. I don’t know much in your procedure - but is it one that can be adjusted as you go along?

Diane: XP is cross posted - something I picked up long ago on another forum. Some days I’m just lazy in the typing category. Good luck tomorrow with the hair!

Toasted: how are you doing? Hope work slows some for you. When is Bali?

Lil: how are you recuperating? I hope your mending is going well.

Jen: I loathe when I loose a long post. I was reading elsewhere and someone said to click on PREVIEW POST midway and that seems to help it not loose the whole dang thing. I’ve done such - and have had some luck.

Laurie: how’s the vacay? Enjoy your time away.

Hello all!

Am: totally feel crapola today. I’m running w feeling too warm and then chilling. I can’t breathe easily through my nose and if I push fluids and cough well - w/o tmi you ladies that have had kids know what results at times.

So today I’m lounging. A lot. I didn’t hop on the scale. Had cake in there the last few days. Made soup last night and that was both tasty and helped me feel ok in there. I think until feeling like a slug leaves I won’t be hopping on the scale. Bad I know!

Happy day all as you leap into your weekends. Enjoy your time off from work or time with your families. I aim to feel better somewhere in here. Here’s hoping!
  • Diane: So happy for your awesome weigh in, I hope it keeps going down for you! Are you getting excited for your new do? I have red hair it is down to my arse right now. I am really thinking of getting something done. I may wait until I get down to 225 that would be 50 lbs since my restart! I don't have to work on Fridays that much so I shouldn't complain...LOL Have any plans for the weekend?

Lemon: Thank you for all the advice on things, you are a dictionary of great advice. I really hope you start to feel better soon. You need to rest for a couple days and try not to do anything. I would not worry about weighing in now, just focus on getting better! Lots of liquids. Do you like hot tea? Lemon and honey do great things for flu/colds. I hope you have a restful weekend.

Uber: I actually think I remember you from 2015. I took a long break due to health. I found out I had Fibro and autoimmune, but I am back full force. I also have a similar story. I just got to my all time high of 276 when I started back up October 1st. That was a total awaking for me. Especially when my doctor was pushing weight loss surgery. I was much like you were the first time and am in denial about it. I hope you are feeling well.

For me: OKAY LADIES!!!!! I broke my plateau....YAY!!!! 238 this morning, I sure hope it sticks! I have implemented carb cycling back in with my IF. I am hoping it keeps my body guessing enough not to want to hold on to the nasty fat I have (and I have enough)! I am on a high this morning and hoping the 230s are better than the 240s! Have a wonderful day ladies!

Uber: So good to see you posting! Welcome back! It sounds like you've been through a lot lately. I hope that your new changes help out and make your life better. My cousin had a sleeve put in and she has lost well with it. Her weight loss has slowed a lot lately, but the really great thing is that she is moving and doing like never before. She used to have to use one of those electric carts to walk through the mall, but now she walks a lot and even finished a 5K walk. That's important to be able to live and do the things you want to do, as well as lowering your BP and other health factors. So, good for you! I had been down in the 230 range for the most part, even getting as low as 219 for about a second. I had some injuries, couldn't exercise, lost hope, and gained some back. I'm back to exercising and working my way back down the scale.

Jen: Cannot wait to get my hair done now. I woke up this morning a little disappointed that it wasn't Saturday and time for my appointment. Pretty excited to have something different. I had planned to do some hiking, but they're talking rain/snow on Saturday, so we'll see if it gets really muddy. But, I would like to hike on Sunday, at least.

Lemon: Ugh, sounds like you really have this sickness now. I agree with Jen, just take it easy and put weigh ins and all the other stuff on hold for now. Just get some relaxing done.

As for me, I had a really good weigh in this morning again. I am so close to a new decade, so I am pretty excited. Do I think I'll get there over the weekend? No. But, I will try! Weekends are so tough! But I'm glad to see the lower numbers coming back. I've been really good about staying on plan with food, so I need to stay disciplined and dedicated to it.

I went to spin today and I wish I could go tomorrow, but my hair appointment starts at the same time as the spin class. (Uber, to catch you up, I'm going to start transitioning from coloring my hair brown all the time to going to gray. I have lots and I'm so done with trying to keep it brown.) Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.

As I said, I hope to go hiking on Sunday, just depends on the weather. Have a good weekend everyone!