Anyone one Medi-Weightloss?

• I am looking in to Medi-WeightLoss as I just discovered that it is now covered by my insurance. I don't see any sub threads for it. I would love to hear any stories, good or bad, before I jump in. I am hoping to lose 50-60lbs and have tried pretty much everything else, so I'm hoping this is the one that sticks
  • Medi Weight Loss
    Hi! I am wondering if you ever started Medi-Weightloss. I began it on January 12th and have lost nearly 20 lbs. I do have about another 40 to lose, but I do like the plan. You start high protein for a couple of weeks -- no carbs at all. And then begin to add vegetables and healthy fats and then fruits.

What I really like about them is that they weigh me every week; I don't weigh myself. It takes the pressure and anxiety off of thinking about losing the weight, and instead it helps me focus on eating small meals when I am hungry, documenting what I eat, et cetera. Helps you learn how to eat healthy and be aware of hunger and fullness. It is retraining me for future maintenance.

They do offer prescription appetite suppressants, b12 and b6 (?) shots, too. I rarely take the suppressants, but they do come in handy when I know I am going to be at a party or at the movies, or somewhere where I am afraid of temptations.

Their weigh-ins calculate fat loss and water loss. It is pretty cool. If you haven't tried it and are still thinking about it, I would recommend it. Find a good site. I travel to go to mine because the people (and the hours) are great. You can also reach out to them during the week if you have questions.

Finally, I love hearing on a weekly basis (after having lost): "Great job!" I had no idea that I needed that kind of support.

Good luck in all you do, and in getting trim and healthy!
  • Medi Weightloss
    Hi! I'm replying to emc_nyc

I was searching for any real feedback on the Medi-weightloss clinics because I am looking into starting now that my insurance in accepted.

I'm really excited to get started, but I think the first couple weeks will be very hard.... any advice on getting through it?

Tags

#mediweightloss