Surviving Harvey Mini Goal

• With all of the devastation around it's made me want to crawl into a hole. I was stress eating for several days, and even though I could have worked out at home, I didn't.

While neither myself nor my family were tremendously impacted, I have friends and neighbors who have lost everything. Houston has rallied together to help all those in need. One day at a time.

And today, I have a goal to just make it to the gym. I have a goal to overcome all of the excuses I've made for the past 7 days. Even if it's just to show up.

Wish me luck.

Wendi
  • Well, I did it. I wasn't there very long and didn't do very much. But I went. That's the first step I suppose.
  • Great job, Wendiendi!

You're right that when we're feeling discouraged or lazy, encouraging ourselves to just show up is really the first step. The next step would be reviewing or thinking about why we want to lose weight or shape up in the first place. Remind yourself of that compelling reason for doing this and focus on it. In basketball, they say, "eyes on the ball." Hopefully, this fire will build up within you once again, and you will be able to push through it when you're finding things too difficult, too challenging and want to give up. All the best to you!

Lose the Excuses, Lose the Weight
    http://asktravers.clkpfct.com/go/wwl-optin
  • Good for u!!!!