Sassy for September Exercise Thread

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • In honor of what Heather started:

Welcome to the September exercise thread! We're making exercise a habit, giving ourselves some accountability, and getting healthier in the process!

In this thread, we track the number of MINUTES we exercise for the month -- whether it's walking or swimming or sweaty housework! Most of us set goals for ourselves. If you are a goal-setter, early in the month set your own goal! If you're just getting started, feel free to start with a smaller number of minutes, maybe just a few hundred. It seems easier for many of us to build on the habit rather than meet a very high goal right away. However, you can also just jump right in without a goal, and you can join us anytime in the month!

We have done so great...so far this year we are at 13,390 minutes

Let's Try again- I really want to push us for September, I know we can make this!

Goal for September is 4100 Minutes!! I'm not giving up until we get there.

We invite you to join us!

To keep track, just add your minutes to the existing group’s minutes. If you’re new, look at what other people are doing – it’s pretty easy to figure out! To help everyone keep things straight, please note the OLD minutes and the number of NEW minutes you are adding, such as
    Group total ~ 500 + 50 = 550 minutes.

Don't be scared or feel overwhelmed...we can do this!! Keep walking, keep working, keep going!! We are all getting stronger!!
  • 25 min walking + 60 min yoga = 85 min
  • 85 min + 85 min yoga=170 min
  • 170 min + 20 min yoga=190 min
  • 190 + 25 min walking=215 min
  • 215 min + 25 min yoga + 30 min wfc abs=270 min
  • 270 min + 28 min walk dog + 30 min yoga=328 min
  • 328 min + 35 min yoga=363 min
  • 363 min + 35 min yoga + 35 min walk dogs + 9 min weights=452 min
  • Today after work, I decided to go to a free Zumba class (60 min). Now, I used to Zumba every day on the XBox - and let me tell you, I was GOOD, or so I thought. However, this never could prepare me for my new instructor, Senor Death.

Senor Death, is not a teacher of dance inspired workouts. Senor Death, as his name foretells, teaches people how to die - slowly while moving rapidly. It truly is an art.

Now, I don't claim to be bilingual, but it was obvious what this man was saying through his gorgeous lips and yummy accent: "No, no... you are not dying correctly. You must destroy your thighs in this fashion. You are not annihilating your abs correctly. Do it this way!"

People, I am broken. My brain no longer recognizes my body. It can't tell where anything is or even interpret it's needs. It just hurts without existing. Even my butt has frozen in a stunned state. And after all that, did you know, Senor Death had the audacity to invite me back Monday so he could finish the job?

#Glutton4Punishment
    #GoingBackMonday
  • 452 min + 35 min walk dogs + 40 min yoga=527 min
  • 527 min + 20 min yoga + 20 min cardio boxing =567 min
  • 567 min + 25 min yoga=592 min
  • 592 min + 35 yoga=627 min
  • 627 min + 105 min yoga + 25 min cardio boxing=757 min