"Emerging from Bubble Wrap" Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Well, we have a wedding to go to today, and once again, I am trying to cram myself into something to wear to this thing. To make matters worse, it is my BIL's wedding ---second marriage to a girl (and I mean girl) ---she is in her 20's and he is in his 40's---and thin as a rail and drop-dead gorgeous, AND he left his first (fatter) wife for this baby-gal.
    Luckily, my Hubby thinks he's pretty shallow, and doesn't seem to strive for the same thing (we've been married 25 years). I call BIL Shallow Hal (not to his face). I'm awfu, I know, but you should hear this guy. He makes no bones about WHY he's marrying this girl! Talks about her figure and all around anyone who will listen. Jerk. Tsk.

ANYWAY, having to cram myself into a dress for this thing has me more determined than ever to never have to go through this process again. But, my sons (17 and 19) are dressing up in their tuxes to be in the wedding, and the sight of them cheers me! And, we are having the grooms kids from his first marriage over to our house to spend the night and they are cute little buggers. It will be fun, we are going to 'camp out'.
  • Sorry to vent all over the place. Wedding is over, and I lived and actually found something to wear. Tsk. These family outings can be SO stressful! (Line from Guarding Tess)----I love to quote movies! Hubby and sons do it too. It's like we have a weird language of our own. After all, someone else's wedding is NOT about me, it's just that each 'dress-up' occasion is a new chance to feel crummy about my weight and size, ya know??

Thanks for letting me have a pity party on your bubble wrap thread! I just had a little too much bubble wrap on me today for my own good.
  • Have been walking ALL OVER THE PLACE. I am covering about 24-30 miles a week. The dog loves it. Am down 2 jeans sizes since end-of-May. Slow but steady. Not bad for peri-menopause.

Tried lifting weights again and immediately pulled that darn left hamstring again. When I do LOADS of yoga, I NEVER pull it. Think my body or some higher power is trying to tell me something?