I'm Back... Because I Can Count On You Guys!

• Hey there everyone!

I posted pretty frequently in 2015 when I lost 50 pounds on IP using alternative products. I had wanted to lose another 20-30 pounds but I was completely burnt out, so I took a break with the intention of restarting after a few months of maintenance. I thought I could do it too- I had found that I really enjoyed running so I was running 3-4 times each week, and it really made me care about how I was fueling my body.

And I was doing pretty well for a couple months... but then I got bursitis in my hip. I've done the PT, I do the stretches, but the bursitis ached too painfully to continue running. Even now, if I jog lightly or walk up a steep incline, it returns for the day.

It hurt too much to use ellipticals, rowing machines, etc. I stopped going to the gym. I lost confidence and motivation and started backsliding. Now it's 2 years later and I regained all the weight, plus another 20 pounds.

I only ever was able to succeed while on these boards, so I'm back. Day 1 starts tomorrow- I have lunch all ready, my fridge is stocked, and I don't have July 4th plans, so no temptation. I'm not super pleased with myself for getting back to this point, but I know I can do it, and I know I can regain control and confidence.
  • Quote: Hey there everyone!

I posted pretty frequently in 2015 when I lost 50 pounds on IP using alternative products. I had wanted to lose another 20-30 pounds but I was completely burnt out, so I took a break with the intention of restarting after a few months of maintenance. I thought I could do it too- I had found that I really enjoyed running so I was running 3-4 times each week, and it really made me care about how I was fueling my body.

And I was doing pretty well for a couple months... but then I got bursitis in my hip. I've done the PT, I do the stretches, but the bursitis ached too painfully to continue running. Even now, if I jog lightly or walk up a steep incline, it returns for the day.

It hurt too much to use ellipticals, rowing machines, etc. I stopped going to the gym. I lost confidence and motivation and started backsliding. Now it's 2 years later and I regained all the weight, plus another 20 pounds.

I only ever was able to succeed while on these boards, so I'm back. Day 1 starts tomorrow- I have lunch all ready, my fridge is stocked, and I don't have July 4th plans, so no temptation. I'm not super pleased with myself for getting back to this point, but I know I can do it, and I know I can regain control and confidence.
    I remember you, Shark! I restarted on June 24 after letting old habits get the best of me. I regained almost 50 of the 136 I'd lost in 2015 and am determined to get that off, and maybe a bit more. I was only 16 pounds from my original goal of 150 when I backslid. I know we can do this!
  • Quote: Hey there everyone!

How could anyone forget you and that adorable avatar?

We did it before and we can do it again! Rahr!
  • Hello Everyone! You all could be telling my story. I lost 30 lbs on IP, and have gained about 20 of it back. I feel really out of control. I'd like to do the IP alternative products diet. Shark, would you mind sharing your meal plans for the next few days so I get an idea of how it's done. I know I can find more info about the alternative plan if I do the research, but if you would share it will give me a quick start! Thanks.
  • Quote: Hello Everyone! You all could be telling my story. I lost 30 lbs on IP, and have gained about 20 of it back. I feel really out of control. I'd like to do the IP alternative products diet. Shark, would you mind sharing your meal plans for the next few days so I get an idea of how it's done. I know I can find more info about the alternative plan if I do the research, but if you would share it will give me a quick start! Thanks.
    Check out this thread for my daily eats. I use both IP and IPA. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...er-2017-a.html
  • thanks for your tips.
  • Aw, Frawnie and Marci! Glad to have your girls with me, though wish it weren't like this!

IDPOTS, my usual menu looks something like this-

Breakfast: RTD shake- this is where I cheat a little, because I hate most RTD shakes. I drink Atkins Milk Chocolate which is too high in fat, but when I'm not being lazy, there's a berry shake and a mint chocolate shake I used to like on Nashua Nutrition that I would make. Going to have to track those down in a couple months- I add a shake to my day when I workout, but having two Atkins shakes a day is a little too cheaty for me, so I make a shake in the morning and have an RTD after the gym.

If you like them, I know EAS Advantage shakes are on plan, and a lot of people love them. To me, they taste like creamed corn. :/

Lunch: Spinach salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and two hard boiled eggs. I like to marinate the red onions in a little tupperware of apple cider vinegar overnight to take away the acidity, then dump it into my salad as dressing. I also keep little bottles of acv and olive oil in my desk at work for dressing.

Snack: I usually get snacks from Nashua Nutrition- I love the chocolate and caramel soy balls, and I like some of the oatmeals and cheesecakes. If I'm already full, there's an orange protein drink mix I really like.

Dinner- Turkey burger with mustard and sauteed zucchini on the side, or Asian chicken with broccoli (marinate the chicken in soy sauce, splenda, red pepper flakes, acv and a little sesame oil), or once a week I'll have grilled steak with oven roasted green beans.

If you have POTS, I would talk to your doctor first and go over the nutritional value of your meal plans... I know it harder to lose weight with POTS, but doctor's orders come first!
  • Hi Sharkie! Welcome back! You can do this! You have experience behind you. Have you considered running in deep water with a flotation belt? Best thing for rehab exercise and a great way to get an actual workout without gravity stresses. Even racehorses use water rehab

Liana
  • Liana, you are a genius! I never thought of that and will definitely try that out!
  • Hi Sharkie. How's it going with the physio-rehab?

Liana