~*Sweat This Summer 2017 Challenge!*~

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Welcome to Riestrella's Sweat This Summer Challenge 2017 Edition!!

Summer is officially here! Despite being the time of the year our bodies are on show the most, it can be a difficult time to lose weight. Trips out with friends and family, food, alcohol, vacations - it can be just as challenging to lose weight this time of the year as the rest! Here's a spreadsheet challenge to try and help you through the summer months. So let's sweat our butts off together, whether it be in the heat or through exercise, and keep each other in check . LEGGO!

Please read the rules below before joining.

Before Joining, Please Read ALL the Rules!
    1. You can join this challenge at any time up until the final 2 weeks of the challenge!!
    2. -->Click here to access the spreadsheet used to document your weigh ins!<--
    3. Enter your Username on 3FC, your starting weight and goal weight for this challenge NOT your overall starting weight/goal weight.
    4. Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
    5. Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all. Charts are Top 15 biggest losers only!
    6. If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in. If you have a week that you know you won't weigh in ahead of time - let me know and I'll insert the note for you.
    7. If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge!

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!
    *FAQ
    • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
    • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better. Let me know your missing weights and I'll input them myself.
    • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! Just submit your weight again using the same form, no problems.
    • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! We have 2 threads going, one in the Chicks up for a Challenge forum and the other in the 20-Somethings forum. Doesn't matter about age or if you're a regular in that forum or not, please hop in to the thread wherever you see it.

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins July 3rd 2017!!
  • I am definitely in! I didn't meet my goal last time, I'll come back tomorrow with an official start weight. I have been on vacation for a week, so it probably wont be very good!
  • No excuses this time around - I'm in!
  • Im in.... Im so bad at keeping up to date just now. But new batteries in the scale... back to tracking on MFP, and trying to move my butt at night time. Got to get to 266. I wanna be 252 or below for my friends wedding on the last week on November.
  • Hey all! I tend to always struggle with creating a goal weight. Curious to know - are you ladies more the type to create an obtainable goal and readjust along the way? Or do you create a slightly out of reach goal that makes you push that much harder? I'm unsure which motivates me most...
  • Quote: Hey all! I tend to always struggle with creating a goal weight. Curious to know - are you ladies more the type to create an obtainable goal and readjust along the way? Or do you create a slightly out of reach goal that makes you push that much harder? I'm unsure which motivates me most...
    I guesstimate losing 1 lb every other week if I'm just starting out with a new routine, I don't like getting too ambitious to begin with in case I don't see results straight away. But it's totally fine to readjust your goal.
  • Quote: Hey all! I tend to always struggle with creating a goal weight. Curious to know - are you ladies more the type to create an obtainable goal and readjust along the way? Or do you create a slightly out of reach goal that makes you push that much harder? I'm unsure which motivates me most...
    I use http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php to pick my goal weights.

My starting weight for this one is 240... My goal is 220.
  • I'm in! Starting at 193 and shooting for 180 by 8/28!

Good luck to all!
  • Thank you for the input ladies! I decided to go hard and aim for 10lbs. I figure any loss should be viewed as a win!
  • I'm so glad there's a new challenge, I've had so much trouble staying committed in the previous ones.

Thankfully we've sorted our home issues, my husband is at a different job and our quality of life is back, which we needed so badly!

I've regained a couple pounds, but I've got my diet back under control, so I'm looking forward to making it happen this time!
  • So cool that I joined this site just as a challenge is starting! I can't wait!
  • Week 1 Chart everyone!

• Good weekend here, my food was just okay. Every time I restart I feel a bit like a baby giraffe taking my first steps. I stumble quite a bit but I'm getting better.

I also working on my self care. I had a tough day yesterday so I took a break and went to Lush. I got a face mask and a bunch of bath bombs... I can't wait to use one! 😍. I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Woah, guys! My bad! I completely spaced on week 2 charts! I'm sorry! For some reason I thought I'd already done them?!

• Hey everyone!

It's been a looong time since I updated y'all. Seems like it's pretty quiet around here? I'm not surprised given that it's summer! I've been busy too. Since the beginning of the challenge I went to Colorado for a wedding. It was lovely! Though I definitely ate too much. I had red meat almost every day it seems, eep. A very indulgent week that's for sure. When I got home my body was thanking me for not eating so unhealthy, but I definitely put on a pound in Colorado when I lost the water weight.

I've not really been feeling the buzz about doing T25 like I was before, so I think I'm going to focus on yoga for now. The last time I did a T25 video I had to stop it early because my hamstring seized up. I think I need to ease myself into rigorous exercise so I think yoga is the way forward for now. Which leads me onto my next point: I HATE SUMMER SO FREAKING MUCH. It's so humid here! I just hibernate in the summer months!! I'd love to go out on walks but it feels like an armpit out there. Not nice. I can't wait for Autumn already, but that's a good 2 months away *sigh*.

I need a bit of a loose plan for the next couple of months to get me through summer (which is always my worse time of the year for weight loss).
    1) Focus on eating healthier food/snacks. I've gotten back into the bad habit of eating too many grains. This needs to stop! It doesn't do well for me to eat grains with every single meal.
    2) Drink water. Another habit I've lost is drinking my usual 2 bottles of water a day. I used to be so good at this! I CAN DO IT.
    3) Yoga. It's not much, but it's something, and it'll help with the general aches and pains I get with being fat. Once summer is over I will start either running again or doing T25, whatever I feel I'm in the mood for. Traditionally I usually start running again in Autumn/Winter. I do have lofty running goals (wanna do a famous marathon somewhere in the world!) so I need to actually BE a runner for that to happen!
    4) Check in here and stay accountable. I keep avoiding this forum and even thinking about my health because I say I'm too busy, but if not now then when? Life will always be busy, which in my field of work is a GOOD thing, so I can't keep avoiding staying accountable forever.

I think that about covers it. I know the YouTube channel "Yoga with Adrienne" has a Yoga Camp series that I'll probably work through. I like her a lot.

As for my personal life: Things are ok; not terrible, but not great. Just ok! It's all to do with money/paying rent. I miiiiiggghhht get a gig that will pay a lot of money which will be rent covered for a couple of months and will fund my trip to Japan in a flash, BUT I'm not counting on it. I'm expecting a rejection email soon. There's a sliver of hope though.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Japan at the end of September, though I can't lie and say I'm a bit bummed out I'm still in the 170's and it's just a couple of months away. If I can really work on my food intake over summer then maybe I can lose enough weight to feel confident at my friends wedding? I wasn't too bothered about the wedding in Colorado, but being at a Japanese wedding I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb as a foreigner. On the day I won't even think about it - I'll be enjoying catching up with old friends and seeing a good friend get married!

That's all from me! Hope everyone is doing well!