Sundove's accountability corner

You're on Page 12 of 12
Go to
  • Sundove I am sending you prayers of healing and joy. May the angels surround you with love! You are a beautiful person, and I’m so glad you are here! You are a bright spot in my life. I always look forward to reading your posts. I, too, am so glad the days are getting longer. Good things are coming our way!
  • Quote: I’m happy for you- I know the winter/lack of daylight causes problems
    IPN It sure does! I hope you are doing well, and also enjoying the longer daylight.!

Quote: Sundove I am sending you prayers of healing and joy. May the angels surround you with love! You are a beautiful person, and I’m so glad you are here! You are a bright spot in my life. I always look forward to reading your posts. I, too, am so glad the days are getting longer. Good things are coming our way!
    Thank-you and back atcha 100% Magistra. Same here re reading posts-I check for yours daily, first thing.

I'm so touched to get back on here and find these lovely, supportive comments. Thank-you!

I'm in a waffling kind of state. 2 days on, 2 days off plan. Thurs & Fri were off. I know why but I haven't managed to overcome the issue: me at work feeling usual in-the-moment stress of being there, coming into the break room and an unexpected temptation catches me off guard. One day it was a treat that I felt I would regret not sampling--something flown in from out-of-state, the next day it was junk. I need to come up with a mantra for workplace surprises.

Yesterday I was back on plan. Also I was out the sunshine and doing door-to-door volunteering for a political campaign. Some of the anxiety about this fueled my off plan eating the day before. It entailed a long drive, meeting and talking to strangers, and some other things that disrupted my hibernation mode. I would rather have stayed in bed on the computer catching up on news. I had such a good time and being outside on a sunny day was a bonus.

Today is all mine. Food will be the usual. The more I limit variety, the easier it is say NO to off plan food. I am continuing to see my stomach flatten, pants loosening a bit. It's time to have a run of on plan days now and get out of the bigger sizes.
  • B protein shake, HB eggs, salad with MCT oil & coco aminos dressing.
    L HB eggs, MCT oil, mustard
    S hot choc
    D broccoli cheese soup

cals ~1200, net carbs below 50 g
  • Wed
    B shake/coffee
    L salad, chicken, MCT oil, coco aminos
    D broccoli/cheese soup, HB eggs
    S Hot choc, chicken
  • Thurs
    B shake/coffee
    L salad with chicken breast, MCT oil, coco aminos
    S hot choc, chicken
    D broccoli cheese soup, HB eggs
    S shake

Snacky day, nibbling at chicken & HB eggs in the evening until I felt overly full. I'm not very tolerant of hunger when it's cold outside.
  • Sundove I am so glad I came back here and started looking around. Happy to see you <3 so glad you are keeping up with the adventures in weight loss
  • Flower123 It's a good day when I see you on 3FC! Yes, 'adventures' is the perfect term It's getting a little better with longer daylight. I always look for your posts so this is indeed a treat! I hope you are doing well.
  • It's been a roller coaster of a week. Yesterday and toady are going better than the last couple. I'm struggling with winter doldrums. I feel lousy when I eat poorly. It robs me of optimism and clearheadedness. Remembering that keeps me on track. Sometimes i let negative feelings push me to the instant gratification junk food. It's been a bigger struggle lately. But I am reaffirming my resolve over and over.

B shake/coffee, storebought omelet
    L salad with chicken, MCT oil, Bragg's coco aminos,
    S lite breakfast sandwich
    D chicken, broccoli, HB egg
    S hot choc

Magistra Hope you're doing well!
  • Tues

plan for the day
    B protein shake,coffee
    L salad, chicken, dressing of MCT oil (tastes so good) and coco aminos
    D protein packet of fusilli pasta, Asian sauce, broccoli
    S shake, hot choc, small chicken breast, 2 HB eggs. I ended the day with a lot of hunger. I won out over the desire to get something prepared at the store.
  • Sundove I will come here a couple of times a week even if its just to read your posts. Congrats on making it through yesterday without succumbing to going out to get prepared food WTG !!!

Daylight savings time starts soon. Just 11 more days. Sending many to your awesome self
    And to Magistra too
  • Thanks Flower123! I'm glad to think you are nearby in cyberspace

What a week. I am so wanting a more balance between rest and activity and rebelling against commitments and obligations. Food choices reflected the rebellion, and are a signal that I need to set limits with some people in my life--work in progress. Working on political campaign which is not my comfort zone. My mind works better when I eat well, so back at it today. As the days get longer, my motivation to add movement will increase without much effort.

B shake/coffee, cabbage omelet
    S protein bar
    L pizza slice
    S protein bar
    D protein pasta, marinara, ground turkey, salad
    S hot choc

I had it my head that someone was asking about MCT oil. Maybe I imagined that, lol. I was interested in bullet proof coffee so read a little bit about it. There is a lot of hype about all sorts of healthful properties, but I didn't find systematic studies. Apparently the medium carbon chains make it more easily digested (as opposed to long chain). The brand that I have is unflavored Now Sports, made from coconut & palm kernel oil. 1 TBS = 100 cals vs regular oil = 120 cal. It has a slightly nutty flavor that makes a good salad dressing. Here is an article that has the basics about MCT oil.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mct-oil-101
  • The last 2 days were low carb, still not ready to count calories. Based on how I felt, I did not overeat. My plan is to get back into ketosis and then gradually ratchet down my calories just enough to sustain a gradual weight loss. Spring and summer have some fun things coming up. So, I will not feel such a drive to seek pleasure in food--this has been dogging me since last fall-the dark months really get to me!

As much as I struggle with time changes, I'm happy for longer evenings beginning tomorrow. I have been going to bed early because of the dark. Light evening will provide opportunity for walking--hoping the pleasure of movement will also lessen the urge to turn to food.

Sat
    B chicken in broth, protein shake/coffee
    L salad with veggies & ground turkey
    S protein bar (sample from Nashua Nutrition),coffee
    D chicken
  • B chicken, protein shake, coffee
    L lettuce wrap of ground turkey, home made tomato sauce
    D will be Burmese takeout, egg rolls
    S hungry today--chicken salad with arugula, carrots, Dijon mustard vinaigrette, protein hot choc.

A perfect springlike day. I read about a rare hummingbird in someone's backyard and decided to look for it instead of tackling chores. I was well-rewarded. Also a short walk in my neighborhood.
  • Monday
    B protein shake and coffee, scrambled eggs, chorizo
    L chicken arugula salad, mustard vinaigrette
    D pasta with marinara, ground turkey
    S hot choc

6000 steps, ~ 2.2 mi