FitBit Friends

• Hello everyone

So in my job I am mostly sedentary, and rarely get my 10,000 steps in. Usually I am between 5,000 and 6,000 per day.

BUT, I do find that having a fit bit helps to keep me *more* accountable than if I didn't have one.

Any other fitbit users out there who love theirs as much as I love mine?

What kind do you have?

I have the Alta now, but my wife is getting me a new one (either Alta HR or Charge2) for my birthday next month
  • I've worn a Fitbit for years. Started out with a Fitbit Force- when that one gave up the ghost, I got the Charge HR. The only time I take it off is to shower. It definitely helps keep me accountable, and I love all the data. I love that it tracks my sleep- it's been a real eye opener to see how poorly I frequently sleep. And it was a HUGE wake up call when I first got my Fitbit to see how sedentary I actually was. I was only getting in about 4K steps a day. My goal is 12K. In the winter, I'm lucky to hit 10K a day, but I do much better in the summer.
  • I splurged on the Charge 2 (I already have a Garmin VivoFit!) and love it, although taking it off for showers and swimming is a pain. When I hear that 'regular people' will easily hit the 10k steps a day and I barely make 3k-4k steps it doesn't fill me with joy
  • I have the Charge 2. I love it because I can buy interchangeable bands off ebay and coordinate different colors with what I am wearing. My mother bought me the fitbit for Christmas and I haven't taken it off since (except for charging). I think it has been the single best companion to my weight loss. I was 245 on January 1st and today on April 3rd... I am 204 pounds... all because I love the Fitbit Challenges and I like the data and stats I get from my walks and jogs. It has been great.
  • Hi everyone, I also have the Charge2 and love it.

BrisSissy Congratulations on your weightloss! Can you tell me how the fitbit challenges work?

Thanks!!
  • So my alta died, lol. Not sure what happened. BUT, my birthday is around the corner and I'm also getting the Charge2
  • A Fitbit Alta HR and the Fitbit Aria scale are on my 'to buy' lists for next month. I currently have a Fitbit Charge HR (original) and love it
  • I have a Fitbit Charge HR, I've found it has made me move more. It helps to see that step count go up!
  • I know this post is a bit old, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to become fitbit friends? I got an Alta HR about a week and a half ago and I am loving it. I haven't joined any challenges yet, but I might look into it. I don't have too many friends with fitbits, but two of them have become "friends" on the fitbit app, so I can compare my steps to theirs (encourages some friendly competition!). I'd love to have some more! I'm not 100% sure how you add friends who aren't your Facebook friends, but I'm sure there's a way. Anyone interested?
  • OrionNebula- I'm game. You can add people using the phone app by email address. I can PM you my email address, if you like? My daily goal is 12K steps, but I'm hit-and-miss on it. Weekdays a lot of the time I get around 8K steps, weekends I might get 25K steps in a day, just depends.
  • Quote: OrionNebula- I'm game. You can add people using the phone app by email address. I can PM you my email address, if you like? My daily goal is 12K steps, but I'm hit-and-miss on it. Weekdays a lot of the time I get around 8K steps, weekends I might get 25K steps in a day, just depends.
    Yes, please send it along! I haven't made it up to 25,000 steps yet. My 20,000 yesterday left me a bit sore. I've been pretty good at getting over 10,000 but there are some days when it just doesn't happen, like today. Sore ankles means rest, and only a bit over 6,000 steps.