Getting out of the 1XXs !!!

You're on Page 5 of 22
Go to
  • boop I hope that the scale is cooperative for you today! Mine was not grrrr.... 176.4

chanticleer Congrats on seeing a new low, I hope that it sticks so you can officially be into the next decade! I didn't do so swell at my uncles house and then REALLY went nuts the next day at my inlaws. I am still paying for it even though I have been on plan since Monday. I hope your parties go better than mine did!
  • No movement yet. 187.2
    I'm overdue for my monthly measurements but plan on checking them this weekend.
    Finally some movement...

I'm up early so I did my monthly measurements.

chest: -1 inch (7 inches total)
    ribs: -0.5 inch (7 inches total)
    waist: 0 (10.25 inches total)
    arm: -0.5 inch (3 inches total)
    hips: -0.5 (12 inches total)
    thigh: -1.5 inches (8.25 inches total)

I thought my thighs looked thinner!

Hope everyone else's scale is behaving!

Happy Friday!!
    Now to move on down to the 170's!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • your measurements look amazing and looks like the scale is moving back down for you!! I will be weighing in tomorrow to mark the end of a couple challenges I am in.
  • Happy New Year!

I'm excited to start the new year and some new challenges
  • Happy New Year!

I've weighed 159.x for three days now, so I'll call it. I'm in the 150s (barely - 159.6)! This means that I'm only 10 lbs clinically overweight, which is mind-boggling at this point. My next decade is the start of 'normal' weight. Of course, I still have a high fat amount on my body, so going by fat percentage I won't be 'normal weight' for a while, but I'll take what I can get!

kfunk: My parties went pretty good, actually. One of them I couldn't bring myself to eat because of the nerves, but the other was more laid back, so I ate, but not too much. More salt than I'm used to, for sure.

boopchick: Nice measurements! Looks like you're making a lot of progress! I do monthly ones as well (it's encouraging to see those go down even if my weight loss is slow). I wish I'd taken them at my highest weight. But I got them starting at 205, so that's pretty close.
  • Happy New Year darlings! Just checking in and reading all the past posts is so inspiring and exciting. Congratulations to everyone for staying on track or jumping back on it after a stall/gain. Xoxo
  • Thanks chanticleer. That is so true about measuring. I had my smallest loss in December yet I lost 1.5 inches off each thigh! I started measuring 12 days in.

Hi gulf! Always good to see your posts!

Let's have a great January!
  • Hi all, n00b here, joined yesterday. I know, I know, another New Years New Member.

5'1, highest weight was on NYE when I surpassed 170 (170.2)
    I'm around 168.x today.

Not able to eat much, but also not moving much. Depression and sedentary lifestyle.
    Final goal is 120 but that may be unrealistic. Unsure of an intermediate goal. Any ideas? I want to be under 163 by my birthday (Jan 30). I'll turn 31.
    Tracking on the 100 club daily weigh in.

Hoping to meet new friends.
  • Following!!
  • Still in the 150s - now to settle in and be patient until I reach the 140s. It'll be a challenge because I can barely wait to be a clinically normal weight again. It's still heavier than I spent most of my life, but it's big progress for me.

Hope everyone's new year is going well so far!

gulfmagnolia: Thanks! And it looks like you're pretty close to breaking into the 100s if your ticker is up to date! Exciting!

boop: I'm hoping that as I get smaller, I'll have bigger relative losses of inches even as I slow down with monthly weight loss. Here's hoping the old paper towel analogy is true!

tinypixie: Hello there! The new year is just as good as any time to try to get healthier! As far as goals, I break my weight loss down into mini goals and bigger goals. My minis are 6 lbs (because it's easier to lose 6 lbs many times than it is to lose 100 lbs, I think). My bigger goals are not being obese (done), not being overweight (10 lbs to go), etc. Do what works for you.
  • Chanticleer. thanks. 6 lbs at a time seems easier to manage. Hopefully I can ring in my 31st at a lower weight.
  • Happy New Year!!!

176.2 but this should drop back down to 172ish by the end of the weekend. I did not do very well with my eating on Sunday and Monday and had a big whoosh up.

Hi tinypixie I also wonder what my end goal will look like. I arbitrarily decided on 140 but I think I will have to tweak that as I get closer. I like Chanticleer's suggestion of making mini goals! Do you have a plan that you will be following to help you lose weight, or are you winging it?

Hi laura and gulf!!

boop I really should take my measurements monthly, it seems like I do them every couple months or so. I really wish I would have taken "before" measurements or pictures for that matter. I hope that January is an awesome month for us!!

chanticleer congrats on officially hitting the 150's!! I can not wait to get under 160, it has been sooooo long!! I am glad that your parties went well! I have an event filled weekend and I am dreading it. The last 3 that I have had went horribly wrong. It must feel so good to be so close to the "normal" weight range!!!
  • kfunk6113- winging it for now. Cutting carbs, alcohol. Trying to move more. I have to clean my workout room to get access to my treadmill, and other equiptment. That task, in/of itself will be a workout! I was thinking about also tracking my steps for the day. We bought $20 Fake-bits (lol) and I was going to try to use it.