Old 02-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Default Favourite & Least Favourite IP Products?

I'm just getting started & trying to decide what are "must buy" & "must avoid" products.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

I think you'll get a lot of comments along the lines of 'everyone's tastes are different' but my favourites are;
1. Orange drink
2. Caramel crunch bar (restricted)
3. Quest chips (but these are an alternative product I use once a day)
4. Dark cocoa pudding

Dislike;
1. Dill pickle zippers (they are the foulest thing I've ever tasted not for me at all)

Our range here in Aus is very limited. I am a 'savoury' person which is why I tried the zippers as it is the only savoury snack available, they are gag worthy to me so I sourced some Quest chips as I'd read about them here as an alternative and I'm in love with them. I had no intention of using any alternative products but I needed some savoury crunch in my life for a snack.

I have also had the butterscotch pudding (pretty good) but I go for the dark cocoa pudding and use as a shake as we don't have any shakes available. The peach & mango drink is nice too. I bought the cookies and cream restricted bars this past week and they are ok but pale in comparison to the caramel crunch bar for me. I have the raspberry bar to try this week and am hoping it is as nice as the caramel. I am a chocolate lover, especially in winter but it's summer here which is why I think I am loving the fruity drinks.
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #3  

I really did not like the orange drink for some reason. Wasn't really a fan of the pina colada one, either. Also, the mac and cheese is horrible. So much so that I'm afraid to try the rotini.

I like the chocolate, pineapple banana and cappuccino drinks, as well as all the bars and wafers I've tried so far. The cheese and broccoli soup is good. I also like the cheese crunchies (or whatever they are called), the dill zippers (though the flavor is a bit strong) and all the crisps.

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 02-03-2017 at 10:22 PM.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:34 AM   #4  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

I just made a pancake with the crispy cereal....very tasty
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #5  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Huskies babies mama: If ever you try the rotini, I mix it with my veggies and sometimes add WF Asian dressing almost like a stir fry. However I don't like them alone. I like the chips I have just tried the ones that are like Doritos very yummy there isn't any products I don't care for but I think I'll pass on the mac and cheese there are some products I stay away from due to higher sodium content
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #6  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I think you'll find that everyone's tastes really differ! If you're lucky your coach will allow you to mix up your boxes so that you don't have to buy 7 packets of something you are not sure you will like. My coach always allows me to pick and choose.

My IP favorites were always:
Broccoli-Cheese soup, chicken soup, a la king
Pina Colada and Mango-Peach drink (although now the mango-peach is too sweet for me
From Nashua:
Proti-Thin Ready to Drink Chocolate Anytime Drinks - This is my breakfast
Healthsmart Cream of Tomato Soup
Proti Thin - Chocolate Soy Snacks, Chocolate Crispy Coconut Bars
Quest: I love the Chocolate Brownie Bars. They're really a little higher than IP allows, but I have one or a half-a-bar each day. They are filling and high in Protein.

I always saute veggies (mushrooms, red pepper, sometimes cauliflower crumbles and thin-sliced zucchini) in olive oil and garlic, then pour the soup over it and cook until it boils. It's very yummy that way. Add salt and pepper.

Hope this helps! Good luck! This is a great program!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
Huskies babies mama: If ever you try the rotini, I mix it with my veggies and sometimes add WF Asian dressing almost like a stir fry. However I don't like them alone. I like the chips I have just tried the ones that are like Doritos very yummy there isn't any products I don't care for but I think I'll pass on the mac and cheese there are some products I stay away from due to higher sodium content
Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried any of the Walden farms products yet, but I think I'm going to have to. Stuff is getting a little boring here at the end of week 4.

I did just get an air fryer today. I used egg and the potato puree to "bread" some sliced yellow squash. It needs some work. I think crushing the garlic herb crisps and using that instead of the "potato" will be a big improvement. But it was definitely a nice change. I'm going to get the crisps on Monday and use them to make eggplant parmesan. (Without the parmesan.)
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #8  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I think you'll find that everyone's tastes really differ! If you're lucky your coach will allow you to mix up your boxes so that you don't have to buy 7 packets of something you are not sure you will like. My coach always allows me to pick and choose.

My IP favorites were always:
Broccoli-Cheese soup, chicken soup, a la king
Pina Colada and Mango-Peach drink (although now the mango-peach is too sweet for me
From Nashua:
Proti-Thin Ready to Drink Chocolate Anytime Drinks - This is my breakfast
Healthsmart Cream of Tomato Soup
Proti Thin - Chocolate Soy Snacks, Chocolate Crispy Coconut Bars
Quest: I love the Chocolate Brownie Bars. They're really a little higher than IP allows, but I have one or a half-a-bar each day. They are filling and high in Protein.

I always saute veggies (mushrooms, red pepper, sometimes cauliflower crumbles and thin-sliced zucchini) in olive oil and garlic, then pour the soup over it and cook until it boils. It's very yummy that way. Add salt and pepper.

Hope this helps! Good luck! This is a great program!
Great choices here, Jennydoodle!
I like IP Cappucchino for a 'creamer' for my coffee -- 2 shots of espresso and an IP cappucchino (mixed from packet or RTD - either is good) is my daily start on weekdays --
Weekend breakfasts are the Vanilla drink mix made into pancakes adding grated zucchini or cauli rice, witih WF Maple Syrup. The WF Maple can be added to many things as a sweetener, and I also use it to make a great crockpot pork roast over turnip or rutabaga (chopped in cubes)

I have Quest brownie bar, or the new oatmeal choc chip bar periodically too - but only when I can cut a bar into 8 pieces and bake at 350 for 8.5 minutes - the resulting little cookies are yum yum yum! Amazing how that turkish taffy texture of the bar turns into real cookie texture!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote