Vacay Phase Off

• Cancun vacay is coming up February 17 - February 22nd. We are also doing a long weekend in NYC March 24 - March 26 (YAY HAMILTON!!!!).

For such short trips, should I be phasing off ahead of time, or should I just try to low carb it? I don't know whether avoiding alcohol is possible, especially in Cancun (hubby's company is paying for an all-inclusive package).
  • Dresa- I have done both and honestly, had that same results. Back in 2011, we went to Germany for 10 days, and it was my first time on IP. I phased off (1 week at P2, 1 week at P3). I gained 5.4# on that trip, came home, got back on P1 and was back to the weight I was before our trip within 1 week. I have also gone straight from P1 to "vacation mode" and had the exact same results. So, really, it is up to you and what you feel more comfortable with. These are just my experiences, others may have had different.
  • Quote: Cancun vacay is coming up February 17 - February 22nd. We are also doing a long weekend in NYC March 24 - March 26 (YAY HAMILTON!!!!).

For such short trips, should I be phasing off ahead of time, or should I just try to low carb it? I don't know whether avoiding alcohol is possible, especially in Cancun (hubby's company is paying for an all-inclusive package).
    At a minimum, I would low carb it.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dresa View Post
    Cancun vacay is coming up February 17 - February 22nd. We are also doing a long weekend in NYC March 24 - March 26 (YAY HAMILTON!!!!).

Quote: At a minimum, I would low carb it.
    Ditto -- a little planning will enable you to stay on P1 and still have a good time off -- alcohol is the only glitch in that, and you just have to decide what's more important to you. Alcohol is like eating sugar- it's about as damaging as you can get when it comes to staying compatible with your IP program.
  • Thanks for the excellent advice. I am going to low carb it and stay strong! I'll bring enough bars and shakes to get through the days.
  • I have a vacay coming up Feb 18th also. i am going to bring packets and low carb it too.
  • I went from hard core phase one to full on debauchery , food ,booze you name it , still weighed the same before and after . We were very active so maybe that had a bit to do with it . The threat of putting on weight was sure on my mind the entire vacation ( 4 days ) .

At Christmas I did the same thing and gained 7 pounds but got rid of it in a week .
  • Quote: I went from hard core phase one to full on debauchery , food ,booze you name it , still weighed the same before and after . We were very active so maybe that had a bit to do with it . The threat of putting on weight was sure on my mind the entire vacation ( 4 days ) .

At Christmas I did the same thing and gained 7 pounds but got rid of it in a week .
    Good to see that it didn't throw you off much.
  • Quote: Thanks for the excellent advice. I am going to low carb it and stay strong! I'll bring enough bars and shakes to get through the days.
    This is the best way to go in my opinion too. That's what I did while I was working on P1 (ski condo vacay & tropical beach vacay). It can be done with a bit of planning. In a pinch P2 days will work as well.

Liana