Feeling a little panicky!

• Hello everyone..Woke up this morning with the mind set that monday is D DAY...and those old panic feelings of Oh! No! What do I want to eat for the last time!...Is it chocolate cake or maybe Sunday I can go to my favorite Italian restaurant (Little Italy)...then I said out loud...this is not a diet..get it out of your head..this is not a diet...THIS IS A LIFE TIME CHANGE!!!!!!!...say it again...THIS IS A LIFE TIME CHANGE!!!!...wow!..my mind is full of such junk about dieting...(guess that is what 25 yrs. of dieting will do to a person 34-9=25 yrs)..talk about setting a habit!

Jiffypop~~Kim kfs151..I really thought hard about your thoughts of one week not being long enough...and I agree!!...I guess it was my old thinking of the faster the better!!...thanks!...I also remember reading or maybe it was Bob Green (Oprah's trainer) who said " 21 days to make something STICK!"...soooo My new goal will now change every 3 weeks!

I already do pretty good with my water..I like water..especially with lemon..I usually start the day with a glass of lemon water with lots of ice! I also am a fanatic about SKINCARE..and H2O is soooo good for the dermis! Helps keep us wrinkle free and boooootiful!!

I am still pondering over the fruit thought/goal? Thank-you for making me feel welcome...I hope I can help others here also..I sure have done plenty of reading on food/nutrition/fat/carbs. Tootles..
  • skinnybaby... darllin... EVERYONE gets an occasional treat. and since you're making this a whole lifestyle change, please don't think that you will NEVER have that chocolate cake or some pasta.

we all allow treats. some do it once a week, others less frequently. some people give themselves an entire day off, others plan their treats into their calories/WW points/fat grams/carb grams/whatever else they're counting.

so, ease up on yourself. you don't need the stress from this 'last supper' syndrome

as for the timing of your goals... you'll have to play with it. some will go more easily than others, so you might want to move from that to another one more quickly. for others, you might need the full three weeks.

remember, this is all about what's right for YOU, and not a hard and fast formula.
  • Yes, also remember that baby steps work better than a complete diet overhaul as of X day. I'm sure you will do grrrreat!
  • I read something one day that helped me ~ when I can remember it ~ it was that all those foods you love and might want to try to eat one last time before you begin are not going to disappear from the face of the earth. They will still be around. And as the others have mentioned, you can allow yourself a treat once in a while. Being able to have something you want once in a while helps you keep going.

You can do this!!

Gayle