Surgery tomorrow!

• Hi Everyone! I can't believe my surgery is tomorrow. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I looked through the list of what to have on hand after surgery and think I have all my bases covered. My surgeon will have me on clear liquids until my first post op appointment, so I have broth, my approved protein mixes and sugar free popsicles on hand; as well as, herbal teas. He said no black teas or coffee due to the acidic nature of them until my new stomach heals, so I have green teas and such that I can make cold or hot.

For anyone who has already had their surgery, is there any clear liquid that you just could not have done without that I did not already mention? Any advice is welcome.

To relax today I intend to read a good book , maybe watch a movie and play with my kids.
    Diana
  • Good Luck to you.
  • Thank you Karen.
  • I am home from surgery now and starting to feel much better. I was not able to sleep in the hospital, but now that I can use my own bed I have been able to sleep and help my body heal. The pain is much less than I thought it would be, so that is definitely a positive.
    Diana
  • Yay! Congrats on the surgery! Make sure you getting up and walking around as much as possible, and try and drink as much water as you can
  • Quote: I am home from surgery now and starting to feel much better. I was not able to sleep in the hospital, but now that I can use my own bed I have been able to sleep and help my body heal. The pain is much less than I thought it would be, so that is definitely a positive.
    Diana

Thats great!! I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Thank you all. Kim, I've been up an walking as much as I can without overdoing it too much. Small walks around the neighborhood for now are doing it. I had my one week post op today and my incisions looked great, so they took the steri strips off. I was taken off all fluids and put on pureed foods. Yay! I have not taken any pain medicine for 24 hours, so that is good. I'm currently looking up recipes for pureed food that taste good, lol.

Chouku, Thank you! I am healing up much better than they thought I would with my diabetes, so I am really happy about that.
  • How's everything going so far! It's been a few months now, just checking!
  • Hi. How are you now??
  • Are you recovered now?