New and need help..

• Hi I'm Elaine. I'm 28 years old and I weigh 545lbs. I can't walk any distance without losing my breath. My kids have to help me with my socks and stuff it's completely emotionally exhausting because I feel my kids shouldn't be relied on so much. They help each other alot too because my walking is unbalanced. I'm in bad shape and don't know where to start.... any ideas?
  • I usually tell most people that the My Fitness Pal app is where you should start. Track what you are eating, Reduce your calorie intake and start eating fresher food, lots of meat and veggies, water or cups of tea. You'll find that you'll save yourself a fortune.

MEAL PREP!

Plan out your week or with a few days in advance what you will have for breakfast lunch and dinner. Snack on Greek yog, apples with peanut butter, or a protein bar.

Get moving! Find out at first how long it takes for you to walk and really struggle to breathe, say 10 mins? then spend a week taking a 10 minute walk once or twice a day. then the next week up it by a few minutes, then again, then again. your breathing will get much easier the more you do it.

Resistance bands, from the money you save from buying a weekly shop and nothing else, you could buy a few bands and work with them with your kids. There will be exercises online that you could do from the sofa/couch.

I hope you stick around, this community is a great place to keep yourself accountable.

Good Luck!
  • Everything that Scotsgal suggested is spot on. Diet is really 90%+ of weight loss, so don't be discouraged by how short your walks may be. You will make progress over time, just realize that this will be a long journey.

Good luck!
  • You got this
    Your courage and ambition is inspiring. You've already made a great step towards getting back into shape as someone who is big as well I know there's times when it feels impossible. The best thing you can do just get a MyFitnessPal account and log everything you eat making sure that you do not go over the set calorie goal. It's hard at first but it gets easier with time even with very little movement physically you will make great strides just by changing what you eat my first 70 pounds was lost solely by diet no exercise
  • My first 40 was lost with diet and barely any exercise.

I am only now bringing in workouts because I want to tone
  • Hello and Welcome.

First of all, congrats on making this decision. I can relate on how hard it is.

As you can see, I am still very much in the beginning of this journey, but one thing that has helped me so far is to think one day at a time. I am also working with a Nutritionist that has me on a strict, but doable, low carb plan.

Do you like tea?
    Do you usually cook your own meals?

Talk soon,